Thread: Avoiding that topic

Avoiding that topic

I wonder if others find that even with many years of marriage, it never seems appropriate or desirable to discuss transgenderism ? I have no plans of leaving my wife-kind of get glued after 27 years-but it just doesn't work out that we discuss this 'hushed' subject. Interesting how so many subjects can be covered, but not the 'elephant in the room'. How is it for others?

It just seem to be A normal thing in our house. We talk about Shoes dresses and so on. It's like I'm a girl when I'm dressed with my wife and we talk.
    Angie

I believe it has something to do with the "Murphy's Law" principles of nature, er, ah maybe I mean "nurture".

I think it is rule 124.6 (1)...which states~~

"People are very open-minded about new things~~
    ~~as long as they're exactly like the old ones".

Unfortunately for some of us that have revealed our true-selves, the only type of support you can find is in specific types of pantyhose...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Helenr,
    I know the feeling. I am in a similar situation. I had tried dropping hints for several years. When my CDing finally came out a few months ago, we initially had several long discussions. After a few weeks, she has pretty much dropped the topic. She will occasionally ask a question, but hasn't asked some of the questions I had expected.
    She has indicated that my "femme" feelings make her feel less feminine, and she sees me as less masculine, that bothers her. I have tried to reassure her both emotionally and physically, but I am not sure how successfully. I know she just wants it to go away, but I know it won't. We live in sort of a limbo, acknowledging the elephant and offering it cookies, but not inviting it to stay for dinner. I am sometimes so envious of others on this site that have the open dialogue that I long for. Maybe someday...

Jaydee

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    My wife and I still dance around the subject. Lately, she has been glancing at my legs, which are entirely devoid of hair, or my toenails, which are freshly-pedicured. She has ben trying to be nice and understand it, therefore giving me space. Neither of us wants to break down the embarrassment surrounding the issue, and discuss it further. So, it is a silence, but not the cold silence I used to get. I would call that progress, i Guess.

Kathi

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

nothing

There is nothing that my wife, Tina, and I cannot discuss. In fact, I'm pretty sure there isn't a topic we haven't broached if it was on one of our minds. We used to call it "taking an idea off the shelf". We'd take it down, look at it, comment on it, then put it back. That way we could be objective and hash out whatever issues we might find to talk about.

It's still a neat way to talk about absolutely any topic!

The elephant

We didn't always shop together. The kids grew up and we moved to the wilderness. No neighbors and no shades on the windows. I would buy "junk" from e bay and it showed. finally she said we should shop together.

She always has to say"don't look conspicious" LOl I am 6' 3" and I am shopping bras. LOL
    The best for me is I look as she looks at clothes. If I see something I want. I get her and say in loud enough voice "do you like this?" if she says it is cute we may buy it. If she shakes her head no, I put it back. I do the same for her. She likes to pay. MY money she pays. LOL LOL
    But I get what I want. I shop Chadwicks of Boston online. I have almost every dress. I usually show the item to her first. I only buy when they offer free shipping.

We don't talk about CDing. I try to live in femm when not at work. Not always with wig but always a femm shape. I like earrings and rings too....all ok with her.
    She is getting used to it. I think she may not even see Emme.
    I like to hold my breast and tell her how comforting they are to me. I love my girls.
    sometimes when she is in a bad mood...I watch my step....but who dosen't?

Nothing to talk about. It gets eaiser as time goes on....it was 38 years ago I told her I wanted to get in her panties,,,,try them on LOL
    OH I do........ do windows!.....and dishes.......do not shovel Horse manure!
    I think her horse stuff off sets my feminine side.
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Two divorces later I've decided the next prospect will know right from day one. So will the next prospect and the next and the next. Someday I'll tell the right one.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better