Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love pantyhose but my GG hates them......HUMMM?

I love pantyhose but my GG hates them......HUMMM?

I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and she was talking about an interview that she had. She strongly expressed the fact that she hated the idea of having to wear hose. I don't understand this cause I love wearing hose,rather it thigh high or panty. I was wondering how many of you have heard the same from GG's and how do you feel about hose? I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.

I love pantyhose, mini skirts and high heels all of which my wife hates...to me it is a cruel joke because i could wear them all day every day but i can't yet she could!!!! arggggggggggg

My fiance is the same way. She hates pantyhose and tights. We have been together almost two years and she has only worn tights three times. Me on the other hand, I love pantyhose and tights. Starting in October to May I pretty much wear pantyhose and/or tights every day. I think that more women need to get back into wearing hosiery.

I like to taunt women with this subject to see what they say.

Hose are out of style right now. If you notice all of the interviews with women stars on tv, none of them wear hose anymore. It looks weird to me when they have on a pretty outfit with bare legs. I think or at least hope, hose will make a come back.

Do they show off their heels and pedicured feet instead?

i'm from the frozen north (canada) and at least the women wear black tights...which i love to wear too......
    Last edited by NikiMichelle; 01-15-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Hello Bridget,

I am a GG and I reall dislike pantyhose until I have them on, then it's just OK. One reason is that Pantyhose make my legs warm. I seem to always get snags or runs (I actually bring a spare with me when I'm wearing hose). And the last reason is because I don't think wearing hose with open-toed shoes looks right and I always have a pedicure that I'd like to show off.

Hugs!
    ~Carrie~
    "So I'll be holding my breath, right up 'til the end; Until that moment when, I find the one that I'll spend forever with."
    Nickleback "Gotta be somebody"

Peak Area Gender Expressions (PAGE: TG support group) is on Facebook.

~Carrie~
    Facilitator of PAGE & SO/Family Support Group; Event Organizer for Mile High Transgedered Meet-up

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Not real important to me onw way or the other, but I have a question, How do you keep control top from rolling down? I know I have the right size according to the list on the package.

The last time I tried to wear tights I had to take them off because they where so hot.

Thigh highs pantie garter I love then all. Well my wife noy so much.
    Angie

This topic has been discussed ad-infinatum.

You have to remember, most women don't have the emotional (or in some cases fetish) connections to hose. They're simply a fashion accessory.

You also have to remember that:

1. Hose can be uncomfortable, they come in limited size ranges, and waistbands....oy what I could tell you about waistbands. Now the CD's are probably thinking: "my Wolford's/Donna Karan/Hanes hose aren't uncomfortable" And you're right, they more comfortable, but they are more expensive than the drugstore/discount store brands most women wear, and you wear them less. Imagine if you wore them every day and got snags and runs and had to replace them leading to:

2. Cost. Every dollar matters these days. Would you want to spend $100 a month just on hose.

3. Weather. Summers are warmer than they used to be and all but the sheerest hose are uncomfortable in such weather. And sheerer hose are less durable, leading to more frequent replacement, bringing up the cost issue.

4. More Casual, less formal workplaces, fewer skirts, less hose.

5. Sandals becoming more "in". Every woman under 50 knows about the no hose with sandals rule. Don't give me guff on this, I know CD's do it, but it's simply not fashionable. Just because it was acceptable and in fashion in the past, doesn't mean it is now. (I could bring up a few other well known "things" of some CD's, girdles, garter belts, bullet bras, crinolines, petticoats, ankle bracelets under hose, yadda yadda yadda)

6 Professional pedicures becoming more common, and people want to show them off...without hose.

7. Cultural changes leading to more choice for women in choosing what they wear, less restrictive dress codes and the like. Which leads to more of the people who are wearing skirts and hose, are because they "chose" to do so of their own volition, not because they were forced to, by some chauvinist pig of a boss or something.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones View Post
    I was talking to my girlfriend yesterday and she was talking about an interview that she had. She strongly expressed the fact that she hated the idea of having to wear hose. I don't understand this cause I love wearing hose,rather it thigh high or panty. I was wondering how many of you have heard the same from GG's and how do you feel about hose? I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.
    Think she would hate them even more on you?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I live in Iowa and wear pantyhose everyday from fall to spring they feel good and help to keep warm however my wife hates wearing them also so I wear the hose and dresses in the family

I wear them as I don't have the legs for skirts otherwise but I don't think they are the be all and end all. It's just another piece of clothes to me, I do like them as now they come in really over the top colours and I love being colourful but honestly I get more excited about brightly coloured cute gloves.

I get frustrated coming to the forum and always hearing "why don't more GGs do/wear _____"
    It's because we are all individual, and wear what what we want to wear. Whether it's a dress, trousers, jumpers or whatever. We wear what we genuinely enjoy wearing as there is so much choice. If I was had to wear tights all the time it wouldn't be me, I'd feel like I was just fulfilling a role.

You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

is in her vest
    i wear them in winter to keep my legs warm, and to colour them, but in summer theres nothing better than a summer dress and bare legs!....
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I get frustrated coming to the forum and always hearing "why don't more GGs do/wear _____"
    Maybe I'm being Ms. Crankypants today, but that frustrates me too.

It's because we are all individual, and wear what what we want to wear. Whether it's a dress, trousers, jumpers or whatever. We wear what we genuinely enjoy wearing as there is so much choice. If I was had to wear tights all the time it wouldn't be me, I'd feel like I was just fulfilling a role.
    Exactly. Some crossdressers complain that they don't have the choice to wear skirts when they want to, and then complain when women exercise their choice to NOT wear skirts.

You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.
    I've said that before, in this thread and others, but some just don't get that their "fetish" or "love" or "obsession" blinds them to the impracticalities and downsides of certain things.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Respectfully disagree

... You also have to understand that GG's don't or at least rarely have fetish's towards certain items of clothing.
    I know many women that love clothes as much as the typical participant in this forum. They shop, they follow trends, and they wouldn't be caught dead in non-matching lingerie. Some never go out without hose, others love lip gloss. Some have shoe collections that would make Imelda Marcos jealous. The difference is that they are just considered girly, whereas a man with the same interest is considered to have a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by kay2 View Post
    I know many women that love clothes as much as the typical participant in this forum. ....... The difference is that they are just considered girly, whereas a man with the same interest is considered to have a fetish.
    No, they're simply not fetishists. Fashionista women "think" and communicate differently about their "obsessions" than CD's with a touch of a fetish do. There's more of a sexual link in the latter.

Consider the women who do like pantyhose. I doubt they shower in their pantyhose, or wear them 24/7 even to sleep, or wear them with shorts, like some CD's do. They also probably don't go online and talk incessantly about how much they like wearing hose. That's the difference

Veronica Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    This topic has been discussed ad-infinatum.

You have to remember, most women don't have the emotional (or in some cases fetish) connections to hose. They're simply a fashion accessory.

You also have to remember that:

1. Hose can be uncomfortable, they come in limited size ranges, and waistbands....oy what I could tell you about waistbands. Now the CD's are probably thinking: "my Wolford's/Donna Karan/Hanes hose aren't uncomfortable" And you're right, they more comfortable, but they are more expensive than the drugstore/discount store brands most women wear, and you wear them less. Imagine if you wore them every day and got snags and runs and had to replace them leading to:

2. Cost. Every dollar matters these days. Would you want to spend $100 a month just on hose.

3. Weather. Summers are warmer than they used to be and all but the sheerest hose are uncomfortable in such weather. And sheerer hose are less durable, leading to more frequent replacement, bringing up the cost issue.

4. More Casual, less formal workplaces, fewer skirts, less hose.

5. Sandals becoming more "in". Every woman under 50 knows about the no hose with sandals rule. Don't give me guff on this, I know CD's do it, but it's simply not fashionable. Just because it was acceptable and in fashion in the past, doesn't mean it is now. (I could bring up a few other well known "things" of some CD's, girdles, garter belts, bullet bras, crinolines, petticoats, ankle bracelets under hose, yadda yadda yadda)

6 Professional pedicures becoming more common, and people want to show them off...without hose.

7. Cultural changes leading to more choice for women in choosing what they wear, less restrictive dress codes and the like. Which leads to more of the people who are wearing skirts and hose, are because they "chose" to do so of their own volition, not because they were forced to, by some chauvinist pig of a boss or something.

Veronica Rogers
    So sayeth Veronica, well put!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Maybe I'm being Ms. Crankypants today, but that frustrates me too.
    Ditto. There's little that frustrates me more in these parts than to hear such babble.

Quote Originally Posted by bridget jones View Post
    I personally love pantyhose and would wear them as often as I could.
    A vast majority of natal women simply wouldn't share such sentiment. It'd probably get old to you as well if you were living 24/7.

As I have often said, hosiery has it's place depending on place, weather, outfit and the overall look you're trying to achieve. For most women, hosiery is not an everyday requirement.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Very feminine

I find panty hose are very comfortable. I would wear them 24/7 if I could. On the other hand my wife stopped wearing them when she left the work force five years ago. I find that strange, as I have always felt, panty hose and stockings are very feminine.

i guess i am a hose freak

Hello all i like pantyhose,tights,thigh highs and it back to personal preference and maybe i am wrong on this and maybe it has been said but i herd there are benefits to wearing hose varicose veins ? and i prefer pantyhose over boring itchy male long underwear (long johns).

Tiffanycd

I absolutely love wearing pantyhose! I have so many pair that I could probably open my own store. My girlfriend wears them for work on a daily basis because it's part of her dress code, but she has told me she would rather not. I on the other hand, wear hose everyday and love the look and feel on my legs.

I wesr hose as a fashion accessory. There are many times that I don't wear hose, and I wear thigh-tops more than panty hose. GGs I have known and observed wear them or dislike them for the various reasons that I've seen already posted.
    I find panty hose least convenient and comfortable, and that's what I hear from GGs.
    I think that it just comes down to is "look" and convenience--oh, and cost!
    warmly, Linnea

first time

Pantyhose are special for me because the first time I ever wore hose with a dress, I felt--normal! I had worn hose as a fetish on & off for years, and was progressing through lingerie. Finally got the courage to buy a dress, and found it very exciting to wear it when I could. Then finally got fully dresses in what a woman would normally wear, and felt normal, womanly, ladylike. I still love that feeling.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

My wife doesn't like pantyhose either. She never did. In fact, I'd say that almost all pantyhose she bought were for me because she knows I like them.