Thread: Style Influence?

Style Influence?

Where do you draw influence for your current style or preference in ladies fashion?

How about you ladies? Find yourself going back to anything in particular?
    Last edited by Di; 08-18-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: per o p

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I don't have a particuliar style, I just don't want to look like a street walker or call girl. So I prefer the longer skirts such as knee length or their abouts. SO I just want to blend and look like most everyday women.

I read In-style and Glamour magazines. I get on FabSugar and BellaSugar websites almost every day... Plus I participate I the fashion forum on makeuptalk. And I shop a lot! Don't buy a lot just shop..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I occasionally walk down 7th Avenue (in the words of Mick Jagger) down to Soho in New York City, and I'm reminded how out of fashion I am. Such things keep me in line.
    All I can say is that Debbie Harry of Blondie is what puts me in the mood.

My style

I think I draw my style from young moms out there that I see... I've always been told that I look like my mother, even from a young age. Young mothers have really neat style choices these days.

Style Influence

for me its not style but just to fit in looking nice and not like a hooker

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    My style is usually drawn from the girls I see walking down the street that just make me go, "Unnngh!" You know that feeling; they are beautiful, they are stylish, they look so put together that you assume that their entire life must be equally beautiful. Your heart stops, your breath catches. You are filled with desire - the desire to trade places with her, even for just one day. Sigh.

Anyway, I watch these wonderful women and pattern my styles after that. Although some of my clothes are a little bit "sexier" they never stray away from the look of a classy, well put-together woman.

Kathi

Gold Member
    Style? We are suppose to have a style?

Mine comes from a preference in women. I've always kind of liked the punk/goth look on a girl as it can make her look sort of "bad-ass" or simply not so innocent. I dress this way because I could probably never date someone like that! I like the look, but it's not who I am. Since I date a more "innocent" way, and am attracted to others, I get my "fix", for lack of a better word, by dressing in another style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Style? We are suppose to have a style?
    Having no style is still a style!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Mine comes from other older ladies, very conservitive, I love a knee lenght skirt tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I usually get my sense of style from the ladies at work and their business attire. I also get ideas from women I see while shopping. I like the more dressy feminine look.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

only one?

I can't say that I am looking for any one style. After all, isn't that the fun of being able to vary one's appearance for the occasion. One wouldn't wear a ball gown with full makeup to have lunch at a fast-food restaurant. On the other hand it's unlikely that jeans and a tank top will make it at a black-tie affaire.

I would define style as clothes that match my body type (yea ole inverted triangle). Within that I already have a formal black dress, an informal blue-green dress (nice matching wedgies!), tunic-dress and leggings, and some jeans and sweaters. okok...I have a short flouncy skirt as well, but I'm not sure where I might wear that one out of the house!

What's my yardstick...."That looks good on you" ... or ... "YUCK" from my wife. That makes it unanimous!

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar
    My mother was a stay at home mom, her fashion was not anything to emulate. I am fascinated by the business look, pencil skirts and bright and bold blouses with hose and heels of course. I just wish my bum looked as good in a pencil skirt as a GG's.

Childhood dreams, fantasies, oddiments.... Whatever feels appropriate.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Silver Member
    I wear casual clothes. Nice slacks and usually silk shirts as I have a thing for them and own many. I like sweaters, but in my climate they don't get worn a lot. I used to own a lot of t-shirts, but have moved on. Some golf shirts and golf skirts, but don't play golf even though I live on a course. Summers are shorts and tops. Women don't wear skirts here much and I have a bunch of women's shorts. I wear them in fem and drab mode.

I am very entranced with business wear. The sweet balance between work and femininity. Most professional women in my field do not fully enjoy the options they have . The administrative supportwomen do but because of their more supportive role they show less power and more softness. I read somewhere that the higher heels are worn by the less powerful women and that is true in our offices.

Still.. they are truly blessed to have the options they do while some of us are trapped in drab.

There is however a bit of the old hippy in me - nothing better for housework when the SO is away...Dee