Thread: Guilty Spouse

Aspiring Member

Guilty Spouse

Hi Girls,

Yesterday my wife and I were lounging on the sofa and having a normal conversation. She turned and looked at me and said "I feel guilty sometimes about you doing the housework, fixing the meals and doing the laundry. She asked me if I resented doing all this "female" work....I batted my mascared eyes....Un-crossed my stockinged legs....stood up smoothing my skirt and said.....Oh, boo-hoo a "Mans" work is never done!!

God I love that woman
    Last edited by Danielle Gee; 01-29-2010 at 04:12 PM.

I know what you mean. Since I retired last year, I have taken on all household tasks that my wife had done up to that time (cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, and so on). Since she is still working, I felt it only fair. After about six months, she said she was not comfortable doing nothing. I suggested she could do the yardwork, but that wasn't well received . So, she took back the laundry. That's fine with me as all I was trying to do was give her more free time to herself or to spend with me. It did seem to make her happy, so for that I am glad.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    How cute. If ya want you can come clean my house as well. I dont mind guys or crossdressers cleaning it!!

Katie

Even when I was married to my second wife. We shared the housework, but I did all the cooking and dishes. She was an Italian who couldn't cook and I am an Irishman (to her) that liked to eat good food. I also took care of the baby at 2 and 4 o'clock because she couldn't get him to stop crying. She never said thank you to me yet it was my dressing (that she didn't see) that was the topic of our divorce.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

My wife and I share the household duties. She's better at it, but I do my share. A year ago my company reduced my hours. My wife somehow found a job -- her first in over 15 years. So, with her working and me off, I started assuming the laundry, house cleaning, cooking and doing the dishes. Since then I'm back on full time but the wife kept her job. Our schedules don't match up sometimes so I still do my share of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Hey, if it needs done -- do it.

The only thing she won't have anything to do with is the outdoor stuff. Cutting the grass, gardening, even hanging the clothes on the line. The good side of this is it makes me the undisputed 'King of the Grill'.

Glad to hear your wife is so accepting. It sounds like you're a good match.

The saying goes -- "A man will work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." So if I she needs help and it's "woman's work", I just have to dress for the part.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina_N View Post

Glad to hear your wife is so accepting. It sounds like you're a good match.

The saying goes -- "A man will work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." So if I she needs help and it's "woman's work", I just have to dress for the part.
    Tina: Yes I'm very lucky to have such a good match, and I realize how lucky we are. I try to never miss an opportunity to tell her either.

Danielle

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I have been doing nearly all household chores, cleaning, cooking, laundry etc. for about a year after taking an early retirement. My wife has a high paying jobs so, I have become the housewife I always dreamed of becoming. I completely dress about half the time and partially dress always. I love it..........Madilyn
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Platinum Member
    gosh, I thought it was just me! I have been doing most of the household chores for the duration of our marriage. I just love putting on a jog bra, some running shorts and getting after the cleaning and laundry. I guess it works out fine for both of us, because my wife really isn't a very enthusiastic house keeper.