Thread: Here's one for the books :-)

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar

Here's one for the books :-)

I live in South Jersey, not far from Philly. I am a member of a reasonably local Triess group and often set up events, functions, shopping trips, etc. for the members.

I have been toying with the idea of staging an event that would be FUN! FUN! FUN! (perhaps unique) and also raise a few bucks for our chapter....

Now please don't look at me like I have two heads (one blond and one brunette).

The event I'm thinking of is a "Crossdresser and Friends" golf outing. If I could get 144 girls/golfers and friends to participate we could have complete use of the course for the time of the outing. A scramble format (perhaps shotgun start) and, of course, there would be prizes and a buffet dinner afterwards.

I could arrange to have the outing go off later in the day so there would be very little contact with the "outside world." For all intent and purposes (with a shotgun start) we would be the only people on the golf course except for course employees. And, as part of the arrangements with golf course, NO PUBLICITY....

New Jersey is one of the few states protecting your choice of gender identity so it would be the logical choice for the outing. A course hasn't been picked yet, as I am just trying to find out if there would be any interest.

If, by some slim chance, this gets off the ground accommodation of out of area participants in motels or inns is very do-able.

I would love to see this come off but would absolutely understand if reception to the idea was cold. This would be a tough nut to crack <- but with this stuff it would be a cake walk

P.S. This would also be a great opportunity for a little outreach.

Hugs,
    Becky

Note: Since this is not an upcoming event yet I didn't think it appropriate to enter this thread in to that forum. Since this deals with crossdressing in that we would be crossdressing I though for now, at least, I could place this in this forum. If it is in the wrong place I'm sure the mods will put it in the right place

Becky,

You have an interesting idea. I love to golf and I visit the Philadelphia area often so I could arrange a trip.

One of my biggest disappointments with this whole gender thing is our inability to do the things we like as ourselves. I mean I can go to gender groups for dinners but that is a little like going to a private club where you avoid the rest of the world.
    I would love to spend a day as Lisa playing golf and then socializing with others.

I think I would do everything possible to make your event.

Great idea!

Hi Becky, I think tat is a great idea. I only wish I lived closer so I could attend. I hope you get the response you are looking for. Good luck

Becky,

That is a unique idea....you don't attend tri-ess in bordentown do you?

will they have stations every 2 holes to powder our nose? can't have shiny face...

I would hate to drop a breast in my back swing.

Seriously, it sounds like an interesting idea. keep us informed as to how it is moving along...we have sisters in bordentown and washington crossing group....you never know

hugs,

msniki48

Thank you Niki. I really would love to see this get off the ground.

I am a member of the Chapter in Bordentown, Sigma Nu Rho

Hehehe, we could have a room available at the turn where we could "freshen up!"

Hugs,
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by msniki48 View Post
    Becky,

That is a unique idea....you don't attend tri-ess in bordentown do you?

will they have stations every 2 holes to powder our nose? can't have shiny face...

I would hate to drop a breast in my back swing.

Seriously, it sounds like an interesting idea. keep us informed as to how it is moving along...we have sisters in bordentown and washington crossing group....you never know

hugs,

msniki48

I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to returning to the Moorestown area. The jerks I use to work for might cause me to go postal.

If you figure out some of part of the country like during SCC or something. Count me in.
    Michelle

Well...I'm in PR and have done quite a few events. I think you should make it a high profile fundraiser for a women's charity...breast cancer or something. Team up with a local charity, sell sponsorships, generate lots of press, tie in an after party, set up a tent for make-overs and glamour shots, merchandise the whole thing. It could be fun and done in the right spirit could generate a ton of good will and could be an annual event, maybe. Or go big and do it here in Vegas and get some of the local entertainers involved. Probably more than you were thinking about, but I love the idea!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's certainly not that big, but each year there is a golf tourney for the golf-girls who attend Diva Las Vegas. I'm not a golfer but it always seems to be a very popular activity.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I like star girl's idea. Make it a public event to raise funds and invite regular folks to take a walk in some else's shoes...provide free makeover's etc. Provide a large prize with large matching donation and allow only people presenting as woman to play. You could invite a lot of local businesses (thrift stores, makeup, nails, etc) to sponsor it and provide help. Just make it a fun event where anyone is welcome.

I don't play "Cross Country Hockey", but if this was on in area I could get to, I would just come along for the day out. It would be nice to get out en femme with other CD's and relax in a nice friendly atmosphere. Good luck with it.

Great idea but......

I think you are doing not just for fun but for charity reasons and that's so lovely but me like other sisters here may just join you for the day since golf is so boring maybe we find a new way to enjoy it.

Love Ericka
    She's back

Becky: that's a good idea. I have a sister in Voorhees so I could make it a family trip. One thing though, I don't golf and would need avery large handicap like 70.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Seems like a lot of effort just to get to hit off the ladies tees, ;-)
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Great Idea

I live in Wisconsin and please let me know when and where if you get this off the ground. I was thinking you might consider a cooler ( not too cooler still might want to wear skirt) time of the year, for us girls who have to wear a lot of make up.

Connie

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    I agree but then I might be able to break 80, That would be worth the trip to Jersey. I hope it's during the school break because I cant miss any classes for golf, enfemm or otherwise. BUT I Love the idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I would make every effort to attend, and probably could, but I also agree that a "shoulder season" date might be better... dripping sweat and crossdressing don't go well together... and spring or fall means cute golf sweaters!

Of course I know what will happen... golfing with "breasts" will force me to turn my torso, cure my chicken wing, and lower my score by 10 strokes. Then I'll have no choice but to go golfing en femme all the time!

Neat idea....though now you got me searching for the right outfit.

Smile

the game of golf is explaned this way:

a good walk trashed.

just a joke...ok.

this event sounds great, i do not golf, and living in california, could not make it, but if i could i would sit on the side lines and shout out when some one swings the club at a ball

hope this event get off the ground and works out for you, nomatter weather for fun or for something else.

Becky,

I live just outside of Philly in the Western Suburbs on the Main Line plus my Aunt lives in Palmyra(she doesn't know about Felicity)and I might be interested if its on a weekend when my wife is off. If I would be staying in Palmyra the night before, I would need a place to change before and after and sure a lot of gurls would need a or want a changing room on premises.Please keep us imformed of this because it would a great event.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I like the idea. I won't be there living in the mid-west as I do but I would suggest that keeping the event hush-hush and outreach don't go together. I tend to agree that it should be a much bigger more public event... Doing charity work would put a great face on your Tri-Ess chapter even if it means that the closeted folks couldn't attend.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post

Now that is a response i didn't consider!.....lol

how true.

do i have to take my driver out of the bag?

hugs

msniki48

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I like the idea. I won't be there living in the mid-west as I do but I would suggest that keeping the event hush-hush and outreach don't go together. I tend to agree that it should be a much bigger more public event... Doing charity work would put a great face on your Tri-Ess chapter even if it means that the closeted folks couldn't attend.
    I think you're right, but I do wonder if some of the suggestions above-- onsite free makeovers and the like-- and proper framing and promotion of the event couldn't make it the kind of thing where theoretically non-crossdressing guys are encouraged to cross the line, making it a somewhat safer situation for closeted or semi-closeted sisters... kind of a "Be Lady for a Day for Breast Cancer" kind of message.

I could see that not working too, unless handled with extreme deftness.

What a great idea! That might be my ultimate fantasy - playing golf in a skirt. My two favorite activities combined. Plus, I live in NJ.

Becky, I hope you can get this planned. I'll be looking for your updates.

You've got me intrigued - should I change to pink grips? Can I possibly use the guy stuff (black and blue bag, white and brown shoes, etc?) How will a 40C affect the swing plane? Oh, and a new outfit is definitely required!

If this gets off the ground it would likely take place the first or second Saturday of October and mid to late afternoon. The weather would still be warm enough to wear a pretty skirt and top and perhaps a light sweater but not so warm as to cause a melt down of our makeup :-)

The idea of doing this for breast cancer research or another worthy cause is very tantalizing. I was thinking that by starting in a non-public fashion the first year I would get a much better idea of sponsor participation, actual attendance vs promised attendance, how much assistance I could count on, what our dressing room needs would be, caterers etc. Plus, if it comes off, that first event will allow us to develop a name and reputation for our event, which makes it easier to gain participants and sponsors. And, if this works, this absolutely has to become an annul event, getting bigger an better each year.

Many girls say they would participate but, in order for this to come off really well I would need to fill all 144 slots.

Your feedback and suggestions are invaluable. Thank you for your input!

Hugs,
    Becky