Thread: Getting used to higher heels!!

Lightbulb Getting used to higher heels!!

First an aside: Someone posted a subject re longest time spent in high heels a while back and I just wanted to query a few things: How do you compare like with like? I mean, how high were the heels? Were you sitting down most of the time. My own record is walking around a city centre in 4.5in stilettos for 3 miles! (even though I often spend over 9 hours wearing my high heels around the house)

Anyway, back to the central issue. I have been wearing stilettos since age 13. For the first couple of years I was wearing 4inch heels becuase well that's all my mom had. Then I had a desperately agonising heels famine for about 4 years until I bought my first pair of stilettos on the web (4.5 inch heels). At the time I was living on my own in an appartment and so I used to wear the high heels from the very minute I came in the door in the evening until I went to bed (and of course again in the morning while I was preparing and eating breakfast). A few months later, I bought two pairs of 5 inchers and at first found them difficult to walk in but gradually acclimatised to the new heights. Later my circumstances changed, and I found myself sharing an appartment with two guys (one who used to work from home...) and so I had absolutely no opportunity to dress up

Six months later when my financial affairs ameliorated I was able to once again get an appartment entirely for myself Almost the second I got my key I rushed to the appartment and dressed up. Now, after all that waffle, here is my two-parted point: Firstly, after a long (enforced) abstinence from wearing stilettos, I gloriously rediscovered my fetish again (I actually highly reccommend you girls who love your heels to try this!!!!). It was just like the first time all over again! And secondly, I was suprised to find that I found it difficult to walk in my 4.5's let alone the five inchers!?!?! Yes, I know it's probaby to do with the weaking of those tendons and muscles etc in your foot from not wearing heels for a long time. SO, it is true what they say about practice and I am prepared to put the required hours of ardous practice

Actually, do any of you remember reading last year about a woman in the UK who escaped community service because she was unable to wear shoes with heels lower than 4 inches!!!!! I must be very near that threshold as I think I spend more time in heels than en drab and I am starting to find flats quite painful !???!
    You are NOT crossdressed until you are wearing high heels!

the erotic black patent stiletto heel... surely there is no greater aphrodisiac??

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Laura, sounds to me like you have a heel thing going on.

Kathi

I'm begining to think so too Kathi?
    You are NOT crossdressed until you are wearing high heels!

the erotic black patent stiletto heel... surely there is no greater aphrodisiac??

I love stiletto heels

They make me feel so light and graceful. The longest walk I have ever taken was about 2 miles in London, wearing 3-1/2 inch stiletto heel pumps. They were totally comfortable and I could have gone further.

I often wear 4 inch heels all day, from when I get up until when I go to bed. I have never had any pain or discomfort, provided that the shoe fit well. My rule is that if the shoe does not fit when you first get it, it never will.

I dont wear stilettos because of my weight and knees but I do wear some 1 1/2 heels. It seems I'm the only one in a house hold of 3 women who wears anything but flats.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Laura, the longest "drought" I've had between dressing up (including wearing high heels) is about 2 weeks, when I go on vacation with family & friends. I've had no trouble getting used to wearing heels all over again. But yes, there is a feeling inside me that something is missing during the time I can't wear them.

karen

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    I can't say that I ever did like wearing heels. On occasion at a business meeting I will wear them BUT I always have sandals in my bag ready for after the meeting. To me heels are just not comfortable.

Katie

I have a number of pair that are so comphy but nothing over 4".... I tried on a 6" pair once and hell I can't even get my feet to bend at the angle required to slip them on.. Out and about I'm usually wear 1 - 2 " pumps but if you want comfort.... Nothing beats a pair of custom molded CCM 1052 hockey skates!! . But then again they are over $500!
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-20-2010 at 08:11 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I like 3" heels the best, but it appears that you grew up wealthy - you are so well heeled.

Gosh! Did you see Meredith Viera's shoes on the Today show this morning, Jan 20? Extremely thin tall heels on tiny sandals.

I am happy that I have achieved a lot of things I wanted to do as a crossdresser. Not far-out unreasonable fantasy stuff, mind you. But I like the look I have with clothes, makeup, wigs, etc., and that includes the wearing of very high heels. But my disappointment is that as I get older, I can't comfortably wear heels as high as my cd-drive tells me I must have (I dress for pleasure). I still have them and wear them, but not for walking or long-term standing. My addiction to high heels is the same as always, but my activities with them has unfortunately diminished some.

3 and a half I can walk in , fours force me to take small steps.

This is an interesting topic explored many times.

Most GG chose not to wear too high a heel and most will tell you or you will hear in conversation (even from young GG's) "I cannot wear a heel over X in hight' and so on.

I always want to say something but don't.

I wear from 3" & up to 5" with no problems, a five inch heels is not for long walks folks be reasonable.

I wear 7 inch platform boots sometime for posing and beside need to walk a bit smaller step than usual, I have no problem at all

The best part of dressing up is wearing 4" heels.

A 3 inch heel is the most comfy for me. I have got a 4 inch pair which look great, but I can't walk in them for to long.