First an aside: Someone posted a subject re longest time spent in high heels a while back and I just wanted to query a few things: How do you compare like with like? I mean, how high were the heels? Were you sitting down most of the time. My own record is walking around a city centre in 4.5in stilettos for 3 miles! (even though I often spend over 9 hours wearing my high heels around the house)

Anyway, back to the central issue. I have been wearing stilettos since age 13. For the first couple of years I was wearing 4inch heels becuase well that's all my mom had. Then I had a desperately agonising heels famine for about 4 years until I bought my first pair of stilettos on the web (4.5 inch heels). At the time I was living on my own in an appartment and so I used to wear the high heels from the very minute I came in the door in the evening until I went to bed (and of course again in the morning while I was preparing and eating breakfast). A few months later, I bought two pairs of 5 inchers and at first found them difficult to walk in but gradually acclimatised to the new heights. Later my circumstances changed, and I found myself sharing an appartment with two guys (one who used to work from home...) and so I had absolutely no opportunity to dress up

Six months later when my financial affairs ameliorated I was able to once again get an appartment entirely for myself Almost the second I got my key I rushed to the appartment and dressed up. Now, after all that waffle, here is my two-parted point: Firstly, after a long (enforced) abstinence from wearing stilettos, I gloriously rediscovered my fetish again (I actually highly reccommend you girls who love your heels to try this!!!!). It was just like the first time all over again! And secondly, I was suprised to find that I found it difficult to walk in my 4.5's let alone the five inchers!?!?! Yes, I know it's probaby to do with the weaking of those tendons and muscles etc in your foot from not wearing heels for a long time. SO, it is true what they say about practice and I am prepared to put the required hours of ardous practice

Actually, do any of you remember reading last year about a woman in the UK who escaped community service because she was unable to wear shoes with heels lower than 4 inches!!!!! I must be very near that threshold as I think I spend more time in heels than en drab and I am starting to find flats quite painful !???!