Thread: Going out shopping in heels

Question Going out shopping in heels

As I am about to go out shopping en femme for the first time over the next few weeks I am wondering if any of you girls [GGs included] have gone shopping in stilettos with 4.5 inch heels or higher ???

Laura
    You are NOT crossdressed until you are wearing high heels!

the erotic black patent stiletto heel... surely there is no greater aphrodisiac??

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Yes, but only for a short (Hah! That's a pun! Get it? Oh, never mind) time.

Kathi

I have gone out wearing boots with stilletto heels but only between 3 1/2 to four inches. Certainly not the most comfortable no matter how sexy they look.

No I like to be comfy when shopping, not walking around with sore aching feet.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    This one reminds me of going to Southern Comfort and watching girls walk around all day with heels on. By the end of the day you can sit and watch many of them waddling along because thier feet are done for.

SCC is truely entertaining I do have to say!!

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I always do my shopping wearing 2.5 or 3 inch heels and I can walk for ages before my feet start to hurt. I am not sure about 4.5 inches although last summer I saw a GG with similar sized heels at my local supermarket.
    living the dream

Careful girl! It takes time to walk on such high heels and, ven if you practice, its much more dofficult on the concrete than in the house. Leave the high heels for clubbing
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Smile

not sure about shopping...but i did see a gg hobbling along on crutches going into the hospital with one leg all wraped up.

she went to a club in High heels, not sure if broken or just spraned.

get your ankles up to it first.

Shopping in heels

Went out for the first time in new pumps and after a couple blocks they started to grow and my foot would come out. I've always worn shoes with ankle straps and wasn't prepared for the walk back with my feet slipping in and out. You might want to take along another pair of known comfort heels just in case.

No. Stilettos (meaning a very small heel area) are hard to walk in. In addition, they get caught in grates, seams in the pavement, and tricky little cracks. And stay off the grass!

I see GG's shopping in heels of all sizes, but they have more heel cross-section area.
    I find 3-3 1/2" perfectly comfortable for long wear, provided the heel area is big enough.
    Last edited by dilane; 01-17-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Laura,

I love heels, but when shopping, unless you are in a beautiful 2 piece business suit....you are not blending at all...not to mention the pain...if your doing some serious shopping

Now if blending does not matter, and you are just hitting a store or 2 then going to lunch...then knock your stockings off and have a ball!

When i shop i like to wear a casual skirt and blouse with a wedge or small heel pending on the season... sometimes a sandle in the summer.

good luck to you and i hope you have a wonderful time.

I envy you, as i have not been out in quite a while.

hugs

msniki48

Smile Heels?

Sure I've been out in 4'' heels a few times. Only on special occasions, though. I did, however, spend most of the time sitting down, and they were the first thing to come off when I got home.
    Hi-heels are great for people my height... 5' 3''. They make my legs look longer. But you can't wear them all the time.
    I don't know about you, but my legs begin to hurt in a short while during walking or dancing in anything over 2.5''.
    The younger gals here may be able to go longer in them, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heel thickness, not height...

is what matters to me. Stilettos are just too dangerous unless you go to an indoor mall. I usually wear a delightful pair of wedge sandals with 4" heels. They are more stable and still very sexy.

I like heels even when shopping but stiletto's are too classy for shopping.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I never wear real high

heels when out shopping. About a 3 inch is the most that one can wear for any length of time it seems. But there are those that have better feet than mine I would suspect.

I am a bit of a shoe nut ,when out I always take three pair of shoes .A pair of flats ,mid heel and 3 or 4" pair . When shopping I use the mid heel and the higher when I stop for a night cap on the way home .I would love to wear the higher heel when shopping ,but I draw less attention with the lower heels .

Banned Read only
    in contrast to the other posts, I often shop in stilletos. Although most of my heels are 4+ inches, i prefer platforms, which are much easier and more comfortable to walk in. For example, I wear this shoe

http://www.jessicasimpsoncollection....sponsor=000001

which has a 5 1/4 in heel but a 1.5 inch platform - so really a 3.75 in heel. This shoe is my all-time favorite (I am on my second pair):

http://www.bebe.com/dp/B0026P0SCW?extid=sf_froogle

In contrast, I am just learning to walk in this one:

http://www.bebe.com/bebe-Liza-Platfo...search-results

Another tip: tall flare jeans (Gap Long and Lean) and flare slacks really work well with really high heels - very sexy

When I travel, I take my "driving" boots; they have a 4 1/2" heel with a platform. The other day my wife wanted some Bare Minerals, so I stopped by a mall in another state. No one knew me, so my "driving" boots became my "mall" boots (under my jeans). It was amazing; I got a few looks but most never noticed.

I love it!!