Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You Could Live Anywhere?

As a fellow Canadian,...

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    Hmmmm -- the recent addition to my sig sums this one all up!
    ----------------------
    CANADA!
    We love thee
    CANADA!
    Proud and free
    North! South! East! West!
    There'll be happy times!
    --lyrics to CANADA - a centennial song!
    ----------------------

My dream will be coming true very soon. That said, I had a fantasy of having a little A frame cabin somewhere in the area bounded by a triangle of Sudbury, North Bay and Timmins Ontario. The snow would be deep, but I'd have nice wood stove to stay warm, and my sweetie and I would live and love our lives as we wanted to.

Real life is different and while we'll end up in BC, and no doubt closer to civilisation, its still going to be a great life!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

PS - Tonight on TV in my house -- Kids in The Hall on CBC!
    I appreciate the enthusiasm, Toni, but if you really wanna become one of us, you're gonna have to dial it down a notch .

Remember, we have a reputation to uphold for being those nice, quiet, polite, modest, self-effacing, and middle-of-the road guys who see themselves as being the peace-keepers on the international scene. Hell, we don't even jostle, push or shove in a long and slow-moving line-up to get our daily Tim Hortons coffee and donuts "fix", and we don't usually jay-walk or cross the road against a red light either, even when no one is watching us. Hasn't Red Green taught you anything .

All kidding aside - welcome aboard

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    I appreciate the enthusiasm, Toni, but if you really wanna become one of us, you're gonna have to dial it down a notch .
    Ooohh---good advice. Sorry.

Hmm-- does the fact that I said sorry just now mean I'm learning my Canuckian lessons well?

Let see -- zed not zee, colour and honour with a u, chesterfield not couch, oh and rrrrrrrroll up the rim ....

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Well, O.K., but...

...it only counts if you say you're sorry even when it's not your fault .

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    someplace with a nice climate, low cost of living and tolerant of alternative lifestyles, any ideas?
    While our interests may or may not be totally compatible with the GL community, you may find this list interesting:

The Gayest Cities In America
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Smile Big Apple

[SIZE="4"]Though it is expensive I still love New York City. I would consider San Diego, Washington, DC and New Orleans.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

That's an easy question...

"Disneyland".
    But you can only visit, they do not allow you to "live" there.

Well, I could live anyplace I want, and I live in Denver (sort of).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't lived in San Francisco or Miami or London, but it would be hard to imagine a more lifestyle friendly place than New York. I love it here. The hardest part was giving up my automobile, and the second hardest part was signing the apartment lease for $4400 per month. But, comparable wages are much higher, too, although the minimum wage here is the same as in the rest of the country, only $7.25 an hour. No one really cares if you're a TV prostitute, a woman with a hairy lip or an iron worker who likes to wear pink panties, there are a zillion artsy gay people, and the city literally never sleeps.