Thread: Coping With Chest Surgery In Stages

Coping With Chest Surgery In Stages

Just thought I'd write a few thoughts on how I've coped with having my chest constructed in stages.Initially I was really excited because I never dreamed I would get it offered this way due to me being a 38c to start with. The consultant told me it could take two years because it involved liposuction then three months in between for skin shrinkage then more lipo then another three months and possibly a third lipo depending on how things were going.

The first lipo went really well and he took 750grams altogether that was great I thought . The problems started when I got home and the first time I took my binder off. Before I had the surgery I knew that I would still have my moobs but when the reality hit and as illoogical as it was I was still devistated and it kicked my dysphoria in big time, to the point where I didn't want to return to work. The irrational thoughts dominated as I thought stupidly and it was, that people could see my moobs and it would stop them seeing me as male. This was rediculous because you couldn't see anything except what looks like pecs. So I just had to kick myself up the back side and get on with it trying to focus on the finished product and the fact that I would have minimal scaring.

After a rather horrible attack by a member of staff at work I took time out to get my head round things and it was only three days before Easter Break so not to bad but I got a sick note to cover me from doctors.

When I returned I had got my head into gear and was looking forward to the next lot of lipo which was unfortunately five months after the first lot. I feel much better after this second stage and now that he has taken nearly 1000grams of fat from my chest I feel much more at ease but still can't wait for the chest lift which has come within a year of starting the process much to the suprise of the surgeon.

I have had many friends, trans men say to me that they couldn't have done it this way and I really respect that because it is one of the hardest things I've done ever. I still have concerns about how it will look but I have confidence in the surgeon to do a good job. Any how hope these thoughts have given you some room for thought about chest surgery and which way to go all I know is less scaring is important to me so I have to be strong in order to achieve what I ultimately want xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Felix, I respect a man who knows what he wants and is not afraid to go after it. I'm happy for you and proud of you!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Felix; your doing fine and we are with you and happy that your going for what you want. There are many out there that want what you want but don't have what it takes to go get it. Kudos
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Hang in there, Felix. You are definitely not feminine. From what I see and read, you're more masculine than most guys I know. (In a good way.)

As I've said before, you will live with the results of this surgery for the rest of your life. I'm glad you are taking the time to do it right.

Aspiring Member
    Oh Felix, I wish you could see you, like I see you, one of the most incredible men I have ever known. You're more of a man than most men I know, because you have the courage and conviction to go after what you believe is true. And you are strong enough to show vulnerability. Why cant you realise how amazing you are?
    Felix I've been watching you, and you are like a gift to those who appreciate true value. I'm gutted to know of the pain you've been through. How could anyone hurt you? Look, one day you are going to be exactly how you want to look... remember that slow and steady wins the race. It cannot be easy, as you've articulated. But you've shaped up so well and it will only get better. You know that. Till then, we are all here for you to lift you up in our thoughts and prayers. It must be difficult of you to share this,but thank you for alowing us to get close to you.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Hey Felix! I hope you're doing ok after the yucky work thing. People can be awful... but that's their own inner ugliness... something they have to live with the rest of their lives.
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

That sure is a long process and I can definately see why you would struggle with it. I would certainly struggle with such a lengthy process. But the end result, woo boy, that would make it all worthwhile. Keep hanging in there, you're doing awesome so far!
    Come on goats, time to go home!

Aspiring Member
    how are you doing buddy? let us know..