Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Guy Name (ftm)

Ronaldo Explosivo halfman_halfamazing's Avatar

Your Guy Name (ftm)

This has been done so I hope it doesnt get killed.
    Maybe it could be a sticky. I wanna try to get as many guys as possible.

My name kinda chose me. I used to be very active in Harry Potter Chat Rooms. Especially Role Play. Thats how I met my fiancee. I used to be Ron all the time and people just assumed I was a boy which is what i wanted. I was asked once what my name was and I just said Ron.
    I used to get so annoyed by my fiancee and her bff calling me Ronald McDonald that I added an O to make them stop and to be Mexican lol.
    Ronaldo Hector John.
    Hector cuz I just like it.
    John.. can you guess? *points to siggy* Also Lennon though. And its a sturdy name and if i choose it as my main name it still sounds like Ron for my fiancee.

Its not official yet. I have sent my mom on a task to find out what they were gonna name me since they all thought/KNEW i was gonna be a boy. I might change it around who knows.
    My given name is Denise. Which hasnt been so bad lately. When someone says my name they say Denise but as soon as they see me they say Dennis. Which is cool. That happened today at the optometrist. =)

So..
    Your given name.
    Your chosen name.
    ???????????????????

oohh justin bieber vid!
    Last edited by halfman_halfamazing; 01-19-2010 at 08:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~Ron is like, like...half man half amazing...no doubt ~
    it's okay Justin Bieber, I'm 21 and my voice is barely changing too.

Given name... no.

Chosen name: Spencer. When I originally chose it, 1) Transitioning had crossed my mind many times, but I was still living as a butch lesbian 2) I chose it because I felt it was unisex (people have told me it wasn't, but whatever) 3) I didn't give much thought to it, I just heard it and liked it.

This one time when I was 15, my mom sent me on a student exchange sort of trip to Australia. (to this day, I have no idea where she got that kind of money I still think she sold drugs) On the application for the trip, there was a line that said "preferred name". I've never seen an option like that before. I didn't really understand what it was for. But, I thought it was an interesting inquiry, so without much thought, I inserted an interesting answer: Spencer. When it came time to go on the trip, I got an official name tag back that said "Spencer". I went 2.5 weeks touring the continent, having people refer to me as "Spencer" the whole time. It was great, and that's how I got used to the name and later picked it officially.

However, after officially picking "Spencer", I realized a problem with it. It's an English name. I have a all the males in my family have completely French names. So, I thought of an alternative name to remedy this problem: "Sebastien". The problem with this is, I've become too used to everyone calling me Spencer. Everyone else has gotten too used to calling me Spencer. It would be unfair and quite frankly annoying to start all over again with "Sebastien".

But, I haven't officially changed my name yet. It might be, that I make "Sebastien" my first name, make "Spencer" my middle name, and just have everyone keep calling me Spencer.

Yeah, the story of Thorny's name.

Also, your avatar photo kicks ass, Ron.
    Last edited by Thornton; 01-19-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: comment on halfman's full amazingness
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

My name was chosen for me by a family member. I wrote a post about it I think.

Nicholas. It’s a Catholic name, I’m Catholic and it’s a saint name. All my other siblings are named after saints. Makes sense.

Alexander is my father's name...[edited to remove the insult]

I get called NiCo cause i hate people shortening my name to Nicky, it's too feminine. It’s either Nic or NiCo…
    Last edited by NiCo; 05-31-2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Offensive statement.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

I picked Trey because it fit Me....It's close to My given name, but definitely masculine....My middle name, Aidan, was chosen for Me by a friend....He said it suited Me because it reminded him of an artist who would live in SoHo and I have that kind of personality (a bit hippie-like)....Anyway....I liked the way it sounded together, tried it on for a bit, legally changed it a little over two years ago.
    Ever The Opportunist

I've liked the name Walter since I was little, after being friends with a very smart, very blond kid named Walter. Don't have too much memories of him beyond being friends with him and him being smart. Just liked the way the name sounds and flows, I guess.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    My name at birth was Courtney Paige. Ugh. Always seemed to have some connotation of a cheerleader bimbo or something, which I was definitely NOT.

So anyway, Benjamin, my first middle name, came about when I was on Eddie Izzard's website. For those not familiar with Eddie, get familiar. But anyway, he has this bit (he's a comedian) about Jesus being Buddha's baby brother Benny or some such. And a buddy of mine on the site always called me BB, for Baby Brother. Eventually she tacked Benny onto there and it stuck.

James, my second middle name, doesn't really have a special meaning, per se. I love the name... Also, I'm distantly related to James Mason and James Coburn... And it's Hugh Laurie's first name, and, well, I'm a Big Fan. So I stuck that in there.

My first name (I like doing these things out of order. It makes more sense to me that way) is Roderick (everyone calls me either Rory or Benny). I was watching this show Fortysomething that Hugh Laurie starred in and directed six or seven years ago, and in the show he's got a son called Rory. And I just freaking adored the name. But I've got this thing about things that can be shortened versions of names being used as proper names (my bio dad's given name is Bobby and that drives me slightly insane... it should be Robert, dammit! lol). And Rory is a full name in its own right, but Roderick has a lot of options. I could go by Rod, Derick, Eric, Rick, Ricky, Rory, whatever. Although people who don't know me and see my name and want to shorten it, always call me Rod. I think it's funny.

So the full thing's Roderick Benjamin James T. Super posh, haha.

Anyway, that's all. I talk too much.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I'll be officially changing my name soon. My first name, Damien I picked for 2 reasons, one my sister said it suits me and 2 I liked it because alot of people think of a horror movie. A little background for those who are new when I was about 15 years old my mother took me to a preacher to exorcise the demons from me becasue I listened to Iron Maiden. I know it sounds funny now and alot of people snicker but at the time I was NOT laughing and she WAS serious. To make a long story short, I never stopped listening to metal so i figured I Damien would be the perfect name and its kinda stuck. I use it online since I'm a web designer.

My middle name is actually a family name. Maurice will be my middle name. It was my mom's dad's middle name. He has since passed away and so has my mother.

My last name I choose myself because I just like how it sounds and its an interesting name, its [...]. Sounds magical to me and I'm a pagan so that suits me. I'm changing my last name becasue my father disowned me about 15 years ago and I have not heard from him since, so I do not want his name nor do I want it to live on past him. So I chose something different and all my own.
    Last edited by Ze; 01-21-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Removed last name for security reasons.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

LOL thanks thorny!

wanted to mention how family has to tie in with your name. Spencer you have to make it your middle name cuz its not french. Nico you now hate your middle name. And Damien you changed your last name.

I have an uncle Ronnie so thats why I chose John for another middle name. Oh, Hector belongs to two uncles. One on each side. Bummer.
    I'm also waiting for my mom to find out my male name because I just think it'd be nice to hear it. Maybe I'll choose it maybe not but I think its important to have my parents rename me.

I started by writing/sounding out names until I found one that fit, so I was Derek.

Then I wanted a transitional/androgynous name, and I settled on 'Drew' which could be short for 'Andrew'. So then I was Derek Andrew

I'm not really satisfied yet, and I'm not sure if I want to keep my last name or change it. My mother once told me if I was born a boy my name would be Matthew or Michael. I might just add an s and make one of those a last name, or take a second middle. I don't know. It's kind of a work in process. It would make my initials D-A-M and that's funny, so there's a bonus.

My given name is Jennifer. It was the most popular name for girls born the same year as me and extremely popular from like 82-86. I always hated having a popular name. I once was in a class with three other jennifers. It was crazy. Like I needed any more help feeling invisible.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Great thread, Ron. Even though I'm pretty girly, even I have a boy name. When I was about 10 years old one of the neighbor kids just couldn't get my name right, and would call me Andy instead of Anne. I kind of liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Chosen name: Spencer.
    Just curious, where does the name Thornton come from if your name is Spencer? Both names are very cool though.
    Also, your avatar photo kicks ass, Ron.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Just curious, where does the name Thornton come from if your name is Spencer? Both names are very cool though.
    The "Thornton" comes from Billy Bob Thornton. I'm not a huge fan of the man or his acting; I just think he has the greatest name in the English speaking world.

So, I took the surname "Thornton" to be the last-name for my alias: Spencer J. Thornton. (The "J" stands for "Jay", a tribute to The Simpsons.) The "Spencer", I just liked.

Why did I want an alias? I was 14 and felt, "I'm going to have an alias." I ended up making 2: Spencer Jay Thornton, and Col. Prof. Rev. Sen. Dr. Larry H. Pumpernickel XVII1/2, MD, Div, SW, Esq.

For a while, I felt I would change my legal last name to Thornton if my parents rejected me. They did, but, I still don't want to change my last name, just because I think it sounds fancy...

And, that's the story of "Thornton"
    Last edited by Thornton; 01-24-2010 at 02:11 AM.
    The ZP Poem

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Col. Prof. Rev. Sen. Dr. Larry H. Pumpernickel XVII1/2, MD, Div, SW, Esq.

That's hilarious, I love it!
    For a while, I felt I would change my legal last name to Thornton if my parents rejected me. They did, but, I still don't want to change my last name, just because I think it sounds fancy...
    Aw, sorry to hear that. You seem like an awesome kid.

Col. Prof. Rev. Sen. Dr. Larry H. Pumpernickel XVII1/2, MD, Div, SW, Esq.
    If you're not using that one anymore, can I have it?

I was planning on using that name when I single handedly fought off the alien invasion in 2023 and won the nobel peace prize....If there is no alien invasion, the name is yours.
    The ZP Poem

I guess I'll stick with "Ze." It's a little easier to remember.

I haven't been around much so I'm a little late to this thread, but I didn't choose my name - it chose me. When I first came out and cut off all my hair and looked in the mirror, my reaction was basically "oh, hello Daniel - so that's who you are and where you have been hiding!" and I just knew that was my name. It wasn't till afterwards that I remembered the connection with the story of Daniel in the lion's den (which is kind of a very apt metaphor for my life), and also the character of Daniel in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" - Daniel is the manifestation of the Dream (which is also very appropriate for my situation as a transguy). And Daniel Jackson is one of my favourite SG-1 characters, quite a lot like me personality-wise (although my son would argue that and say I am more like Jack O'Neill ) Oh yeah, and of course there's Daniel Johns from Silverchair (I have liked Silverchair's music since they were little 14 year olds LOL, now I feel old!)

My middle name, Ciaran, was another one that chose me - I had to fill out some paperwork for something and it asked for a middle name. At that point I hadn't chosen one (I knew I wanted one though, because both my brothers were given middle names and in girl mode I didn't get one, and I was pretty ticked off about it lol). So when I went to write my name on the forms, I just wrote something down and saw that I had put Ciaran, and liked it And considering that it means "little dark one" or refers to having black hair, I thought it was kind of apt because I'm definitely the black sheep in my "family"

As for my surname, I changed it completely because I wanted absolutely nothing to do with the people who call themselves "family" - that's why I kept my married name for years even though I was separated, and continued to use it even after I was divorced - I would rather have that than the name I was given at birth because the animosity is so huge. Being a pagan, a Druid and a Flamekeeper (servant of Brighid), and having on numerous occasions said that I don't have a mother and that Brighid is my mother, what other surname could I choose but MacBride ("son of Brighid")? I used to go by the feminine version (niBride) for a while in girl mode, so it was kind of a natural choice.

I don't know what it is with people who expect me to choose a name that sounded like my birth name - why the HELL would I want anything that even remotely reminded me of HER name? But apparently they do - the number of people who knew my girl name and when they hear my name now, say "oh, it's nothing LIKE your girl name, I thought you would have picked Tony" or similar comments makes me go "huh?"
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

I dunno if I can comment since the thread was "explcitly" entitled FTM only, but I just wanna make some comments, (I hope no one gets angry)

Quote Originally Posted by halfman_halfamazing View Post
    I used to get so annoyed by my fiancee and her bff calling me Ronald McDonald that I added an O to make them stop and to be Mexican lol.
    Ronaldo Hector John.
    Hector cuz I just like it.
    lol, you did not say that you added an "o" to be Mexican. There are lots of people in Latinamerica who are called Ronaldo. According to the last survey there were 2,265,895 so you'd make the 2,265,896.

The pronunciation would be /ronaldo/ the final sound like the o in horse and not /ronaldou/. Hey, if you want to be Mexican you need to learn how to pronounce your name. And hector would be "ector" no "h" sound cuz the letter "h" and its sound in Spanish are mute. That's what we're taught in school.

Dennis is a cool name.

Quote Originally Posted by WalT View Post
    I've liked the name Walter since I was little, after being friends with a very smart, very blond kid named Walter. Don't have too much memories of him beyond being friends with him and him being smart. Just liked the way the name sounds and flows, I guess.
    You look like a Walter, I don't know what they look like but you look like one. If I don't know what walters look like and you happen to look like one, then walters look like you. (tonguetwister). I like how the name sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    My name at birth was Courtney Paige. Ugh. Always seemed to have some connotation of a cheerleader bimbo or something, which I was definitely NOT.
    lol. Glad you're happy with your new name.

What does "Ze" stand for? I looked it up but found no entry. I opened a similar thread in another section but can't remember where Ze came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    I guess I'll stick with "Ze." It's a little easier to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    I haven't been around much so I'm a little late to this thread, but I didn't choose my name - it chose me. When I first came out and cut off all my hair and looked in the mirror, my reaction was basically "oh, hello Daniel - so that's who you are and where you have been hiding!" and I just knew that was my name. It wasn't till afterwards that I remembered the connection with the story of Daniel in the lion's den (which is kind of a very apt metaphor for my life), and also the character of Daniel in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" - Daniel is the manifestation of the Dream (which is also very appropriate for my situation as a transguy). And Daniel Jackson is one of my favourite SG-1 characters, quite a lot like me personality-wise (although my son would argue that and say I am more like Jack O'Neill ) Oh yeah, and of course there's Daniel Johns from Silverchair (I have liked Silverchair's music since they were little 14 year olds LOL, now I feel old!)
    What about Daniel The Menace? This is a cool story of how your name chose you and not the other way around.
    "Solo hay dos d?*as en los que no se puede hacer nada, uno se llama ayer y el otro maƱana."Today is the day.

Quote Originally Posted by sexotik View Post
    I dunno if I can comment since the thread was "explcitly" entitled FTM only, but I just wanna make some comments, (I hope no one gets angry)
    This is one thread where I'm actually not sure. Per rules, if a thread says "FtM only," that means only FtMs to reply and posts from anybody else get deleted. But, the original title hadn't specified, and I'd assumed Ron added the distinction of "FtM" simply to make sure everybody knew where they were (i.e. the transman section rather than, say, MtF, which is a recurring problem here).

So, Ron, let me know and I'll act accordingly. Sorry about the confusion.

What does "Ze" stand for? I looked it up but found no entry. I opened a similar thread in another section but can't remember where Ze came from.
    Ze actually isn't my male name. At the time of joining here, I didn't have a male name yet and thought I might be more genderqueer than transman, so I picked "ze," which is the ambiguous form of "he/she" originally invented (I'm pretty sure) by Leslie Feinberg. Since then, though, I've identified definitely as strictly male and have picked out a name.

But everybody seems to like "Ze," so I'm keeping that as a nickname of sorts.

i am mexican!
    thats why i put the 'o'.
    I also got to thinking maybe my family could just call me Aldo. Like in this soap opera my mom used to watch a while back.
    My main goal when I was little was to make sure you can say my kids' names in both english and spanish or atleast have a middle name that can do it. For the sake of my grandmother and her sister.
    My online persona is Ronaldo Explosivo.
    I actually dont like Dennis too much. I never liked how some transfolk chose the male/female version of their female/male name. You now have a pletohora of names. Get in there! My family calls me Dennis as a nickname. I might have considered it in the past but I've been traumatized by this perv psychiatrist i had about a year ago.

Thorny, I thought your parents were ok with you especially after your Christmas present?

Oh and Ze..
    I actually didnt specify! I had just put "Name" as the subject and some magical elves put in "Your Guy Name (ftm)" It doesnt even say the post was edited!

Androgyne Dyke-Boi
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    ... As for my surname, I changed it completely because I wanted absolutely nothing to do with the people who call themselves "family"...
    I'm actually back in touch with my family, though I doubt I'll take the surname back.

I'm Ryan (firstname) by the way. Nice to meet you ^.^

Platinum Member
    okay i'm gonna do this backwards cos thats how i came by my names, my middle name was decided upon first...a number of years ago i had a friend named Andy, who was like a father to me...and was also the first person i told that i liked women and also that was Trans, one day we were having a rather morbid conversation and he asked me if when he died would i like to take his name for my first name...as it happened he died some years later and i had completely forgot this conversation, until...it came to choosing a male name, i had wanted to keep my initials that my parents had chosen for my birth name, so i knew any names i chose would have to start K A...so i was playing around with names one day and someone said to me how about Andrew for my middle name...and thats where the memory of that previous conversation came in, and also i felt really glad that i had chosen my initials because there was no way i could have taken Andrew for my first name...so my middle name was born...my first name was a little harder to come about...i wanted a celtic name because i have cornish roots but didn't want something that was spelt the same as everyone else, out came the baby books and thats where i found Kieran/Kieren/Ciaran....I played with it for a while with Andrew to see how it would fit, and tried a few others but nothing else felt right, so i just changed the spelling to Kieron

Quote Originally Posted by halfman_halfamazing View Post
    Thorny, I thought your parents were ok with you especially after your Christmas present?
    Nah...my parents stance is: "You can do whatever you want...outside our house, with your own money, without us having to associate with you at all" So, yeah, not exactly accepting.
    The ZP Poem

eeekk... =/ sorry thorny *hugs*

I disliked my birth name almost from the get-go -- one of many things that felt wrong. While in University I legally changed it to Alex.

Elric is merely my online personae and a name I've taken a shine to since high school.

But I am... me.
    Elric

[SIZE="1"]"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field."
    -- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

Elric's here! Hi, Elric!