Thread: International travel

International travel

Okay, here is the situation. Normally when I go out of town on business, I take my girl gear. I love being in another city all dressed up and free. This time I am going to Vegas. I know it sounds great. There is an international flight involved though. Since most of my skirts and shoes look brand new, I do not want to be questioned about it comming back through customs. I am just wondering if other girls take there things on these kind of trips and if you have had any problems doing so.
    thanks,
    Nikki

I think your question is about having a custom's officer want to tax you for bringing in a lot of new clothes of the opposite sex purchased in a foreign country. I have travelled internationally quite extensively in the past always in drab mode with really no female articles for me in my luggage. I have had new clothing ion my bags especially after a trip home to teh USA and restocking my male wardrobe. I have never been stopped on either end for having new clothes. Most countries have a maximum limit for bringing in new purchases from a foreign country. That limit is usually high enough so that you never reach that limit when in fact you have bought new things in the foreign country. Plus, since from your post it appears that they really are "used" clothes (hardly worn with out the price tags) I do not think that you will have a problem. I say go for it and enjoy your trip. Be sure to write about it and what happened at customs.

Very low risk

Unless you have tons of obviously new clothes nobody cares. Customs people know the difference between brand new and used clothing, even if it has been well cared for.

They are looking for really nasty stuff, usually food, illegal drugs, weapons, or lots of cash. In the U.S. and most European countries, the customs people have better things to do than hassle you about clothing, even if they ever ask to see inside your bag (which almost never happens).

Enjoy your trip.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Don't worry about it. Customs could care less about your clothes. Besides you can by and enourmous amount of new clothes on your trip and not claim them.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I've traveled the world with my wardrobe with out a problem at all.... the only Issue I ever had was a breastform "exploded" in my luggage..... only once..... very messy

wow

Wow Jocee, I bet you did not see that coming. Thanks for all your help girls. I did have a problem with some new ski equipment crossing a border once.

o0O{wonder what a wig looks like on one of those x-ray scanners}

My wife and I travel overseas a lot. Never ever had any problems with clothes. We carry new clothes for the grand kids so does that mean we are 'into' kids? Nah, customs have far more to worry about. But if you stress about it and start sweating then that may draw attention and then they may look.

Just act normal and take all the prety things your heart desires.

Customs pawing throught my lingerie

On a business trip to Mexico, the customs official directed us to open our bags. I had my breast forms and lingerie distributed throughout my bag. The female customs official felt the contents of my bag and I don't think she noticed my girl stuff. I have had the TSA look through my bag and I would not be surprised if the noticed my lingerie. I try not to put all of my girl stuff in one area. I just pack like a girl would and haven't had any problems. I was unpacking at home after a trip and my bra was visible when I was unpacking. My wife was standing right by me when I unzipped the bag. My heart went to my throat, but my wife apparently didn't see my bra.