Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Wear When It Rains/Snows?

What Do You Wear When It Rains/Snows?

"Seems it never rains in southern California
    Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
    It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
    It pours, man, it pours" -- Mamas and The Papas.

Well, it's certainly pouring this week in southern California!

Which makes me wonder, what do the "out and about" girls on crossdressers.com wear when it rains/snows?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Same clothes, maybe change to boots. Carry an umbrella. Waterproof mascara helps
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Large black plastic yard debris bag with head and armholes cut out. I prefer a crew neck style along with a Walgreens plastic bag tied under my chin for a rainhood. Urban chic.

Oh alright, not really. It depends on just how ugly it is out there. Remember I live in Seattle where rain is a way of life. I've seen girls in shorts and t-shirts toting umbrellas. Go figure. If it's way nasty, like raining sidways, then it's a long (below mid-calf) leather coat and boots, or my powder blue parka. And tights and maybe even jeans.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 01-20-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: add
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Pink!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Well, I have plenty of cute sweaters (duh!), and a few cute jackets. Plus, I love my boots! If only boot season was longer. Sigh.

Kathi

Hey Kathi the boot season over here is very long ,what you need here is Wellington boots, rain coat and at least 1 umbrella

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Well, I have plenty of cute sweaters (duh!), and a few cute jackets. Plus, I love my boots! If only boot season was longer. Sigh.

Kathi

Right there with you Kathi. I was shopping today and boots are sooooo on sale! I almost bought a couple of pair at nine west but I decided against it and went for heels and sandles instead because boot season is almost over

Almost all of my outerwear are womens coats anyway so I just go to the closet and grab something. My fave is my wool peacoat.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Gold Member
    A umbrella first, then some 5 buckle Trojins. LOL
    IN the snow, just start shoveling. You stop when it stops. Rader

I love going out in rain. With a nice big umbrella you can be totally anonymous.

Wellies are good too.

All the Best,

Ann / SS

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Right there with you Kathi. I was shopping today and boots are sooooo on sale! I almost bought a couple of pair at nine west but I decided against it and went for heels and sandles instead because boot season is almost over

Almost all of my outerwear are womens coats anyway so I just go to the closet and grab something. My fave is my wool peacoat.
    I love my black pea coat! It's very tailored and, dare I say it again, cute.

I would get the boots, sis! I always do shopping a few seasons ahead. If you buy some classic pieces now from the winter sales, you will be ready for next year.

Kathi

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    When it snows, my bathrobe... I usually stay in when the weather is non-cooperative...

What Do You Wear When It Rains/Snows?

I wear about the same things, maybe boots and a umberla

Since in bad weather the only time it really effects me is between covers (house to car, car to venue, etc.). With this rainy weather here in northern Califorina too, I use an umbrella and I try real hard not to get my shoes too wet. It makes getting inside a special moment.

Just like a Barbi doll..I'm complete

An out and about girl has to have outfits for inclement weather of course!! Rainboots,Raincoat,umbrella,even a rainhat to match!! And for snow,snow boots,coats,Fur hat,Gloves,etc.And an outfit for inbetween rain and snow..all weather insulated coat,etc...I am like a Barbi..complete with clothes.Now,I just need to get the girl car to match! Can't let a little wether keep a girl from shopping.

Trenchcoats, Woolcoats, Peacoats, and Jackets

One has to be ready for anything here in Michigan. My wardrobe has all the above, plus an umbrella, and boots, or should I say boobs. just a little inside joke. Please see a previous post of mine.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    I would get the boots, sis! I always do shopping a few seasons ahead. If you buy some classic pieces now from the winter sales, you will be ready for next year.
    Says the thrifty shopper. This is the only way I can survive. Maybe it is time for some boot shopping. Hadn't realized it was end of season time.

I am still a frugal shopper because of necessity. And I am still a beginner here. So for rainy days, my black umbrella can be used by both of me!

Not to be picky, but to check my fading memory....wasn't it Albert Hammond who sang that song?

Whatever DearSweetWife would wear...I have my own bad weather boots, but we share coats, raincoats, mittens, hats and umbrellas!

I tend to be a little more girly-flirty than she is. I claim the pink (breast cancer awareness) umbrella.

-jj
    Last edited by jenniferj; 01-20-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added cuteness

A smart girl always packs a foldable umbrella in her purse.

They make them small enough nowadays.....a necessity on the east coast US, and probably in the UK.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I stay inside. I'm made of sugar and would melt in the rain.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

[SIZE="3"]Karren, when it freezes good, are you not, in hockey skates? No jeans! Two years ago, when i was staying where i could sneak out, and not be seen much, went out in the snow in winter wear: LBD and heels![/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Says the thrifty shopper.
    Oh, I'm not always thrifty! Sometimes something is so cute that I have to pay full price for something. Usually, the enjoyment I get out of it is more than worth the expenditure!

Kathi

the heavier the coat, the more feminine whats under it...

Jenn

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I have a pink quilted jacket that I wear in the winter time along with a beret and boots. It's not really enough to ward off a blizzard, but it's fine in a minor snow flurry.

As for rain, I just always have an umbrella in the back seat of my car. Nothing special but if it keeps me mostly dry.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

weather bad

I wear my red hair down over my ears, and add a plaid furlined coat. Oh, and cute boots of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thinking about the puffy down coat. Who knows which gender is under all that.