Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Wear When It Rains/Snows?

Aspiring Member
    There are some very cute winter coats out there. I purged my own unfortunately because I was mortified that my wife would find it. Now she knows as of a couple of years ago and accepts, but I don't go out dressed any more - she worries.

see this is where u got to look and see what the ggs are doing, i find that most of them layer clothing thats lighter weight and then top it off witha sweeter and a nice vest or like pea coat or leather coat most still are fasion savy even when they go out in the cold or rain so

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Karren, when it freezes good, are you not, in hockey skates? No jeans! Two years ago, when i was staying where i could sneak out, and not be seen much, went out in the snow in winter wear: LBD and heels![/SIZE]
    I'll bet that melted the sidewalk!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

The big splurge in my wardrobe: a Jones New York trenchcoat I bought on sale at Macy's, it's gotten me through Chicago winters and many a rainy day...wore it today with a pencil skirt and heels, feeling the rain pelt against my legs through my nylons always makes me wonder why women put up with this, let alone us!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Pink!
    What else do you need! I grew up in Portland, Oregon, lived 15 years in or around Seattle, and now live near Atlanta, Ga. It can, or will rain anywhere. So get pink clothes and be ready!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I love winter!

I'm a winter coat freak! I own at least seven or eight. My favorite to wear out now is an insulated black leather anorak with dyed fox fur trim on the hood. It's really warm and stylish without being too far over the top. I've also gone out in a black down women's parka with coyote trim on the hood. The fur is very fluffy and looks really pretty. I haven't worked up the courage to wear my Vintage Mauve woman's stadium parka (JCP) with dyed fox trim out yet (do you see a trend here?). I really dislike faux fur. It looks just that--faux!

Renee

I have a fake fur coat I absolutely luv. One night coming home from Le Buzz it actually was snowing here in Atlanta and I had my fur on. Thats a lovely feeling.

Rain? I will admit more than once when I looked outside and it was raining I junked my plans for going out enfemme. Moisture is Deidra's Kryptonite when it comes to makeup. If I sweat or get a bit wet from rain my full coverage makeup looks like hell.

Strappy shoes are bad in puddles of water too...oh gawd I hate that! Plus the fuss and muss of carrying a purse and umbrealla.

It seems like you have been getting more than your fair share of rain lately. Sad. But for me when it rains or snows I stay in the house. We have just had almost two inches in the last 24 hours. A gift from the California deluge. In El Paso it doesn't rain very often.

Vieja