Thread: GG and Crossdresser Mannerisms!!

GG and Crossdresser Mannerisms!!

I'm kind of curious, but don't really know how to make this a question, but here it goes. I'm kind of curious on what kind of similarities you have noticed in yourself and your SO when you found out?. Do you or did you apply makeup the same way? Do you buy something and then notice that you're SO bought the same thing? etc... etc...

Hannah~~

Smile

single here so nothing to compair to.

now if there a couple gg out there who would like the spot

then we can find out if right or wrong.

Aspiring Member
    Yes my sweetie & I share a lot of the same ideas on styles & make up.....In fact we'll often buy clothing intentionally to share. We don't however share makeup and underwear.

Hi Hannah, My gg and I do everything the same, we have the same complextion and all. We also are the size in cloths and shoes. So you see we have a lot of fun. The biggest problem we have is I was going to wear that . JO

We spend money on clothes at the same rate now!

Gold Member
    I think early on (well it is still kind of early on now) I took on some of her styles along with trying some of my own. Some of that is from hand-me-downs and some is that we do choose casual items that are the same styles.

My early attempts at make-up were from her lessons and make-up she was no longer using. This didn't quite work well as she is very fair complexioned and I am darker with darker, greying (sob) hair. So at her suggestion, I got a make-up lesson, so we are now different in how we do that.

So I think that there was a lot of commonality in the beginning, but as I grow, there will be more differences as I explore and find out everything that is really me.

Unfortunately my wife is a complete tom boy, and is more often in cleats than makeup. It's a fact, I'm more feminine than my wife. By a lot.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

My wife and I are total opposites. I like dresses, skirts, nylons, ;umps and all the feminine stuff. She is constantly in jeans, only gets dressed up and made up when we go out and does a very nice job. Wish she would do it more often.

Aspiring Member
    I've watched my wife with her makeup and tried to emulate her but with not much luck. Going for my first make up lesson/makeover this week. I do however tend to buy the same kind of makeup as she does (Covergirl).
    Sheri

Quote Originally Posted by june58 View Post
    My wife and I are total opposites. I like dresses, skirts, nylons, ;umps and all the feminine stuff. She is constantly in jeans, only gets dressed up and made up when we go out and does a very nice job. Wish she would do it more often.
    Same here. She never wears skirts or hosery. She has some nice heals but rarely wears them. I would kill to have size 6 feet!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I would say there are some similarities between me and my wife for the simple fact she is my role model and so I tend to copy her. I watch how she sits and stands or holds her hands when she is talking, how she gestures when she is describing things etc and I copy her. At first it's contrived and feels weird but if you keep doing it long enough it becomes natural and you end up doing it all the time without even thinking about it.

It was my wife who gave me my first makeup lesson and I copied her style there too, except that I just can't seem to get any good results if I apply eyeliner like she does.

As far as clothes are concerned we have a similar style there too. We share tops (she's bigger on the hips that me even when I wear my padding) except she thinks that my style is a little more "girly-girl" and hers is more "urban chic".

Personality and interests .. well, yes of course, that's one of the reasons why we are married. We both follow a low fat vegan diet, we like strong coffee, love 80's music, sy-fi and zombie movies, and curling up on the sofa together in our girly pjs to watch a movie or read a good book
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I pay careful attention to what my wife does when she shops for clothes, cosmetics, accessories. I get a lot of ideas from her, but I also try to express my own sense of style (though often inspired by choices she makes). I also look in magazines and at GGs whom I notice when I'm out to find mannerisms and apparel that seem appropriate to my female presentation.
    I have a lot to learn, and good observation is a way to learn it.
    warmly, Linnea

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysten View Post
    Unfortunately my wife is a complete tom boy, and is more often in cleats than makeup. It's a fact, I'm more feminine than my wife. By a lot.

Ditto, cept not married!, and split now anyway.

Recently, my SO and I realized that we had been wearing the same brand and shade of lipstick, cherries in the snow by Revlon.
    I guess great minds think alike.

It is so fun reading some of the similarities that couples share when there is a CD in the home. I found out the other day that all the nail polish that I bought was all the same brand and colors that my wife already had!! I also bought a few of the same colors of lipstick and a few shirts that she said she would love to own, but since they are mine she will respect me and let me have them!!

My wife dresses up for work but on the weekends and after work, much like above.

As far as style we share a lot of cloths and makeup. I have my own but if one is looking for something we can rummage threw each others.

She will pick out a shirt and I will tell hew that might look good on me.

I am sure that I have unconsciously copied my wife's mannerisms in many ways. I know when applying lipstick I hold the lipstick in exactly the same way she does and that our lipsticks wear down in the same manner. I carry a purse or shoulder bag the same as she does. Even the contents are about the same. Our methods of putting on a bra are about the same though she does not have to do the pulling of side flesh into the cups. She has taught me and makes sure that when sitting casually on a couch my legs curl under me in a feminine manner and are demurely covered. One thing in which we are not the same is that I love to flip the cheek curls of my pageboy bob away from my face all the time, while she prefers a lot of hair pins or even a bun to keep her hair out of her eyes. But I just love the feel of my hair on my cheeks and to expose my earrings from time to time. One thing she would love for me to master that she does tremendously is eating from a fork or spoon with the lips not touching and messing up my lipstick. That has been very hard for me to get in the habit of. Though it does make me feel very womanly.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

My SO has never really been a fashionista preferring more sombre styles hence my borrowed wardrobe has always followed her choices despite my hinting and subtle pushing.

I am hence always dressed in a quite conservative knee length skirt with a limited choice of lycra tops or occasionally the one satin blouse she has as it is my favourite to feel on me. I would love to be able to experiment more freely but am quite happy to look and feel like a classy business type.

I try to emulate my movement on the women I admire in real life so as to complete my own experience and always observe style and movement where I can without being a letch! and try to replicate these mannerisms into my own time.

When we were just married she did have a wonderful wardrobe, wonderful but far too small for my 34" waist, so it was elasticated skirts and partly open zippers. Now however she has expanded slightly and size 12 has grown slightly with her so I fit quite well some of my chosen outfit's so happy days!

Not the same at all..

Quote Originally Posted by june58 View Post
    My wife and I are total opposites. I like dresses, skirts, nylons, ;umps and all the feminine stuff. She is constantly in jeans...
    Us too. When dressed I'm a lot more fem than my wife. She doesn't even use makeup, but then she doesn't need to cover a beard !
    Mina Lost aka Lynda