Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just how far CAN "The Boys" migrate northwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    In case you can't tell, I'm pulling a page from Suzanne's book on using juicy titles to "draw the reader in."
    She borrows your posting style, you borrow using cute titles...it's all fair.

Knowing that Kathi is going to have to be packed away for awhile (we listed our house this weekend, and the realtor told us to put excess stuff into storage),
    Kathi, could you put a few things wrinkle resistant things in a duffle bag or somesuch for easy access, just in case? Or maybe get a cheap used suitcase to keep a few things in: basic makeup, skinny jeans, wrinkle resistant top, Nine west stilettos.

There is a big jetted tub with a gas fireplace next to it. Can you imagine sinking into a nice scented bubblebath on a cold night with the fireplace going and some pretty candles? Ahhhhhhh!

There I go, chasing rabbits again. Sorry.
    Nothing wrong with chasing rabbits.

Anyway, I went home, did my makeup and hair, and waffled between outfits for awhile. "It's cold! I wanna wear boots! Boots are cute!" my petulant inner voice said. Well, my black boots that went with the outfit I was wearing were already packed,
    It's January! You shouldn't have packed the boots!

Wow, once again, I have to ask - how do women keep track of all this stuff.
    MySQL, it's got to be. :-)

It was really "bad dye-job" dark though.
    While we were having fun, I mentioned something I had said last time, about advertising their services to our community in a local alternative newspaper. They had actually thought about it, and were almost ready to submit the ad. I looked at what they had and helped them with a few things (like adding "discreet" wording, talking about after-hours appointments, etc.). They were quite appreciative. Heck, since I sold my ad agency, what else am I going to do with this knowledge?
    What an awesome thing to do for them.

and two of my shopping outfit.
    Which looks great, as always.

My next stop was my travel agent. Anyway, I had told her about Kathi before my Vegas trip, and showed her some pictures. She made me promise to come in dressed sometime. I'm a woman of my word, so come in dressed I did.
    Wow, you're really becoming open about "This thing of Ours".

She told me that she loved my shoes and asked to see them. I showed her and she said, "Don't you just loooove heels?" I agreed, saying that I did, even though I shouldn't as I am already too tall and people notice me that much more. She accused me of thinking like a girl and said not to worry if all the eyes in the room were on me. She said that my height wasn't the reason they were watching me, it was because I looked stunning.
    And she's right!

Part of it, of course, is accepting yourself. I think that people instinctually understand and accept that.
    I think so too.

My next stop was my local bank.
    You're REALLY open about "This thing of Ours"

She said, "Shopping again, my little trophy wife?" I laughed and said I certainly wasn't pretty or young enough to be one of those. She replied, "None of us are, are we? You come pretty darn close, though.
    If the duck looks like a trophy wife and shops like a trophy, then the duck is a trophy wife. :-)

Maybe one with kittens! Everybody likes kittens, right? Cute, fluffy kittens?
    Everyone loves kittens!
    OK, here's the deal; In many of my posts, I have bemoaned the fact that I have UMA - Ugly Man Arms. They're bulky and brawny and totally unlike the rest of my skinny body. usually, I hide them in cute sweaters and shrugs. This picture will definitely let you know why.

Once again, look only if you dare!!!!!!
    Those aren't Ugly Man Arms...these are Ugly Man Arms:

:-)

So, I gravitated to the electric blue scarf, and noticed that it happened to be draped over the collar of the perfect jacket. The one I was looking for!! In my size, even!! The owner came over and said, "That's the last one left! It would be very cute on you."
    And it is very cute on you!

Gee, if only I hadn't already packed away my black boots, it would have been a totally cute outfit!
    Go! Unpack the boots!

Here are the pictures from the front and side. I usually don't show myself in profile because you can see how pathetically skinny I am.
    Can I borrow the skinny? Just once I want to wear single digit sizes and shop at Bebe and WHBM.

Oh yeah, I'll also throw in a "bonus" picture of a zipup hoody I tried on. It was cute, but not cute enough to buy. I think it made me look too "guy-ish."
    I don't think it makes you look guyish at all, it's so snug and girly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post

While it looks OK with skinny jeans, leggings would absolutely make the outfit. Wear it with boots, heels or ballet flats. The fit of leggings will flatter the fit of the top much more than jeans ever can.
    I agree...of course. :-)

I see the same thing with yours, don't think you have so much to worry about. So do what I do...avoid manual labor & heavy lifting.
    My job involved that, though much less so now.

Oh yeah, I'm totaly with you on that one. As I was packing, I saw both my leggings, and the new pair of pants I bought in Vegas (might as well be leggings, they're so form-fitting), and thought, "Ooooohhhhhh, these would look adorable with that top! Great minds, and all that.
    We ARE Fashionistas! Qapla!

I'm sure I'll catch hell from Veronica for not buying it as cute as it was (it is the Fashionista way, after all ), but since I'm planning on moving in a few months, I need to keep my expenditures down a bit (as my wife reminded me last night.
    I am just going to have to codify the rules. But I can understand moving expenses and the troubles of packing and unpacking.

"You realize that you've spent hundreds of dollars on girl stuff in the past year or so, right? You know that you can't continue at that rate, right?" My reply is, as always, "Yes dear."). Sigh.
    You could always try: "Well dear, it would be easier to justify the purchases if I wore only girl stuff." :-) I am so naughty.

It was a cute purple sweater. Yeah. I know. Purple! Me!! It was very cute though, and not too gaudy.
    I like it!

I went back in to change into a purple and gray argyle crop top. I liked it. It was really cute, and fashionable - for now, at least.
    Yes, very cute.

During this, she said, "I'm going to have to ask you for technical support again." In the past, as she had gotten to know me, she found out I was a geek (geekette?), and I had helped her with computer problems in the past.
    Geekbabe is what I usually use, and the geekbabe.com domain is owned by "one of us" as you probably know as it's the domain of the Diva Las Vegas website.

Windows and computer problems - they go together like peanut-butter and jelly.
    Heh.

"You know what? That's perfect, because in this outfit, I look just like a cute young college girl!" I came out and got a "Wow!" out of her. She was right. The short crop top seemed to bring in my waist and made me look almost curvy.
    Wow!

It wasn't until I stepped in a pile of snow and got a little bit into my pumps that I realized what I was wearing outside.
    Snow! You shouldn't have packed away your boots! Go, shoo! Unpack them! Keep a suitcase of Kathi stuff handy

I helped her with her computer problem and she said, "Wow, you're good at this. You should go into business. You could dress the way you like, and make those lonely computer geeks drool over you." I said that would be a great idea, and even had a name - GeekBabe - with the slogan, "The closest thing to a real girl you'll ever have!"
    Bwah ha ha ha. But you'll need the regex skirt from thinkgeek. There's enough of us that there could be franchises!

She said, "Honestly, your body is fabulous! I know that I'm envious.
    Me too!

I gratefully paid for my jacket and scarf (both on sale for $48.00 after a "technical support discount". Score!!) and was off to meet J at her new salon.
    You have to go back and buy the purple sweater and argyle one too. I'll wait. :-)

I then went back to the place where I got my brown sweater dress - Plato's Closet.
    I'm too insecure (and fat) to shop there.

It was a girl from church - and not just any girl, a member of the Gorgeous Gossip Patrol (GGP). The ones who have accepted me into their little women's clique. I saw her - mostly with my peripheral vision - but I don't think she saw me. Quick as a bunny, but with extreme ladylike deportment, I sashayed my skinny hiney out of there! I had always wondered what would happen if I was "caught" and this was the closest to it I've come.
    Personally, I think I couldn't resist coming out to the GGP (at least in a private one on one basis) if I was a part of it. If any of them are "aware" they might have guessed "something" is up.

(I don't have a choice - even men's small shirts are too large, and don't get me started on men's pants!!)
    Oy, don't get me started. For some years when I was young, late teens/early twenties I was a skinny lil thing. 5' 5.5" and 125 pounds. Yeah...ouch. and I didn't go out in public. And my best fitting and looking oxford shirt was one my mom had pointed out to me at a thrift. It was a women's shirt in the wrong section. 100% high quality cotton, soft, billowy and a soft pale pink.

I asked her how she felt now. She said, "Oh, I am totally comfortable with you. It's so easy to relate to you as a woman. I usually have trouble thinking that you're a man. Even now, in those clothes, you are, in my mind, a woman. It's weird. I guess it's just your pesonality" she said with a smile. She said she could see why I did this and then wondered if I was going to be like another customer of hers. I knew who she meant. She has a customer that had, as she put it, ". . . had the operation." I told her no, and told her more about the spectrum of people that did this, and where I fell on that. She told me not to rule it out as she could tell that I was "obviously a woman on the inside" and, of course, how fantastic I looked.
    [/quote]

She's right.

I told her that the qualities that I had in me enabled me to be a better man, a better husband, a better father. She said she could see that.
    Yep.

Enough rabbits for now. Back to my day:
    More rabbit chasing! Don't stop chasing the rabbits!

I then went on my way home to put Kathi away - for what could be a long time. Gulp! I feel that I can make it through this "dry spell" knowing that it is not only for a good cause, but that it is not forever.
    I really think you should keep a few Kathi things in a suitcase/duffle that's easily picked up/moved.

I will now be living vicariously through you! Don't let me donw, girls! Get over your fears and your feelings that you're not pretty enough. get out there and have some fun in this world. Happiness awaits! Don't let the minutes, hours and days go by without grabbing some if it for yourself.
    Tell you what...I'll "try" to get to the salon in the next few weeks if I have the cash to spare...and get my color and highlights done. and I'll "try" to go en femme. Just for you. :-)

And thank you for another great thread.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Gold Member
    I tried the first one on. It was a cute purple sweater. Yeah. I know. Purple! Me!! It was very cute though, and not too gaudy. Depending on where I was, I might even blend in a bit. Kathi
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    You have to go back and buy the purple sweater and argyle one too. I'll wait. :-)
    I agree. I think the purple sweater really accentuates your shape. It looks really nice on you. And if you want to step out from black and white, purple is a very nice color that certainly isn't loud. I hadn't noticed that before about your color selection. I will have to talk you into pink some other time.

You're REALLY open about "This thing of Ours"
    Oh she certainly is, isn't she. Before going out with Kathi, I felt acceptance was 100% inside the other person. Now I believe it is only about 10% or so and the rest is accepting yourself.

A quick postscript. I just received a Facebook e-mail from J. Part of it said, "The girls thought you looked so beautiful - a real natural. They asked if you did shows " Awwww. See Sue, going to a new place is as simple as going to a new place. As long as we're sincere, everything will just fall into place.
    Kathi
    You are getting me to not worry about any of the women. But the guy getting the short haircut looked funny at me in my t-shirt and jeans getting getting my hair styled.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    This is where we have to draw line. I can do the shopping and trying on clothes. I can't pull off the look you can, but that's ok. It took you a long time to perfect your look as it will me.

But I can't write like you. You keep people reading. I guess the guy in me says what I want and thats it. Short and to the point.

Loved reading your story. You sure take awhile to tell the climax to the story. I think I got a whole year older just reading your story. Good luck with your move. Hopefully it won't be for long and then we will be back to the long stories which keep us on this website.
    Michelle, you're right. It took me pretty much this entire past year to get my look down, my makeup looking, well, at least less clownlike, and my nerves dialed down enough to go out and do what I do (which is to have an absolute blast interacting with people!).

As for the writing, thanks! I've never thought I was that good. I'm a voracious reader, and through that, have learned how much I like a good descriptive narrative, and have patterned myself after who I feel are "the masters" of my preferred genre (Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, Heinlein, etc.). In my posts, I try so hard to let you guys feel the joy that I feel in getting to do this. I get to express something that is usually buried in this strange subspecies known as the common male. When I dress, I get to be effusive! I get to be emotional. I get to be pretty. I sincerely hope that you can go out and do it too. If I can influence even one of us, help even one of us realize that their fears are keeping them from happiness needlessly, all of my words are worth it. Plus, I like to talk a lot, in case you haven't noticed!

Sue, . . . aaaannnd the guys' strange look affected you how? Exactly! It didn't matter squat! Let him go back to his boring two-dimensional life. We're having fun!

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 01-29-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Kathi... thanks so much for posting your long story. I love hearing all the details and how you deal with unusual situations like checking on the accident. The receptionist who didn't read you at first until you told her your name was hilarious...and so many of your reactions just show that you have a look going that blends well and I think the fact that you are so comfortable with it helps a lot. I think it is really neat that you have so many friends and a whole female network.

For the dry spell, I think you can do it, as long as you know it is just temporary...and you can always act and think girly too!

The dark wig is all wrong, IMHO too!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Those aren't Ugly Man Arms...these are Ugly Man Arms
    You cannot be more wrong about yourself Veronica. You look very pretty in that picture and your arms look 110% feminine...and that's my final answer!!!

Tell you what...I'll "try" to get to the salon in the next few weeks if I have the cash to spare...and get my color and highlights done. and I'll "try" to go en femme. Just for you. :-)
    Please do Veronica!

Wow, scary time. Scary time!! Were you as paranoid as me though?
    There was a time when I wouldn't venture out without a turtleneck of some sort. Then up until the summer of 2008 if I remember correct, the arms HAD to be covered, or at least the occasional 3/4 sleeve. But it was the validation from my friend Kim which gave me instant confidence. We are very honest with one another, she'd never want me to present in such a way to "dumb us down"!!! Since then, my wardrobe options have of course increased exponentially. There's nothing like feeling the warmth of the sun on your shoulders alongside the wisp of your long hair.

...and even had a name - GeekBabe - with the slogan, "The closest thing to a real girl you'll ever have!"
    Ooooh, that's quite catty, I love it!!! You can advertise at Sci-Fi conventions!

My absolute ultra-favorite shrug is from White House/Black Market. It is a silk blend cropped shrug. It covers up the dreaded UMA while accentuating the waist. Bonus points!!
    I'm guessing I have the exact same shrug top but again, as cute as it is there has been no need for it since the arms came out from perpetual hiding.

I had always wondered what would happen if I was "caught" and this was the closest to it I've come.
    It's a test as to whether or not we're recognizable in girl mode. I've been told there's no way someone would recognize me but for any of us who have had a guy mug staring back at us in the mirror for most of our lives, it's hard not to see the guy underneath the girl. But chances are others don't see it that way.

I don't think you gave this woman an opportunity to get a good look at you. Great escape, indeed. BTW, I should have seen this coming, your title and all. Good one!!!

I have seen someone I know once while out. Long story short, I was going up an escalator and she was going down on the parallel one right next to mine. It was a woman who I have known since I was about 8, the sister of one of my best friends. We certainly made eye contact and she's the type who would have done an about face and chased me down if she recognized me. She didn't do so, nor have I heard a peep about it since. I'm 98% certain she didn't recognize me.

Moral of my story, I typically keep a 20+ mile radius around my home within which Sara doesn't make appearances. Still, you never know who you might bump into but the odds are in your favor the further from home you go.

I then went on my way home to put Kathi away - for what could be a long time. Gulp! I feel that I can make it through this "dry spell" knowing that it is not only for a good cause, but that it is not forever. I will still check in with all my friends here to keep in touch. I will also have a bit of "payback" if you will. I will now be living vicariously through you! Don't let me donw, girls! Get over your fears and your feelings that you're not pretty enough. get out there and have some fun in this world. Happiness awaits! Don't let the minutes, hours and days go by without grabbing some if it for yourself.
    Well said Kathi. I hope posts such as ours give others the confidence to get out there themselves if they are ready to do so.

As for you getting out, I think you have created the ultimate bargaining chip for DLV, putting away the girl for this extended time. Oh there I go again!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Wow, so many fun replies. Veronica and Sara, it took me almost as long to write my post as it did to read your reply. I love your replies. They cut to the meat of the issue sometimes, and make me laugh as well. Thank you for putting so much thought into them! Let's see if I can respond to a few of you.
    Kathi, could you put a few wrinkle resistant things in a duffle bag or somesuch for easy access, just in case? Or maybe get a cheap used suitcase to keep a few things in: basic makeup, skinny jeans, wrinkle resistant top, Nine west stilettos.
    That's an idea as I'll no doubt have to give up my "Magic Suitcase" containing most of my stuff for the move. Oh, and my favorite shoes I would have to keep out would be my BCBG's. Sure, they're stilettos, but they're very versatile stilettos!

Wow, you're really becoming open about "This thing of Ours".
    Guilty! It one of those, "I'm having so much fun being me that I want the world to share in my happiness" kind of things. Yes, it may come back to bite me in the butt, but if that happens, I'll face my consequences like a woman.

If the duck looks like a trophy wife and shops like a trophy wife, then the duck is a trophy wife. :-)
    Quack! Maybe it's just the connotation of being pampered and spoiled beyond what I deserve that turns me off of the label of "trophy wife." I do feel blessed. Does that count?

Those aren't Ugly Man Arms...these are Ugly Man Arms
    Yay! I finally caught Veronica in a falsehood! Girl, you know me. You know I speak truth. Those are NOT UMA's! They are contoured and smooth and pretty. My arms are bulgy and muscular, with veins popping all over the place. They're so skinny that when I move my fingers, you can see all of the tendons moving under the skin! Ick! Stop thinking like a girl and equating the lack of fat with pretty! Since I'm being truthful, the only thing I saw wrong with the picture is you're holding your arms like a mannequin. Loosen up! You're in a pretty dress! You look great!

You could always try: "Well dear, it would be easier to justify the purchases if I wore only girl stuff." :-) I am so naughty.
    Hmmmmm. Nice one. Although, since I still fit into most of my clothes from the 80's, I don't spend much on guy clothes anyway.

I'm too insecure (and fat) to shop there.
    ********, rubbish and other invectives! You are wrong on both counts!

Personally, I think I couldn't resist coming out to the GGP (at least in a private one on one basis) if I was a part of it. If any of them are "aware" they might have guessed "something" is up.
    Oh, they're aware (what woman isn't?). We're all playing the "I know nothing" game though, as it is church. I think they instinctively know deep down that there's something different about me. I don't know of any other guy who has been accepted into our group like this. Some have said things like, "Wow, you are such a girl, aren't you?" or "My God, I can't believe I'm telling you this, but it feels right."

Yayyyyyy! You can do it! I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I agree. I think the purple sweater really accentuates your shape. It looks really nice on you. And if you want to step out from black and white, purple is a very nice color that certainly isn't loud. I hadn't noticed that before about your color selection. I will have to talk you into pink some other time.
    Pink, huh? I dunno. Seems a little stereotypical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Oh she certainly is, isn't she. Before going out with Kathi, I felt acceptance was 100% inside the other person. Now I believe it is only about 10% or so and the rest is accepting yourself.
    Sue! What a great lesson to learn! I'm glad that you feel this way as it is totally correct. Like you said once, I don't give the people around me time to formulate an opinion about me. I just waltz in, and spread the happiness. Whether they're smiling at me or with me. I don't care - at least they're smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    Kathi... thanks so much for posting your long story. I love hearing all the details and how you deal with unusual situations like checking on the accident.
    Thanks, Sally! Responding to an accident isn't unusual for me. Running out to the accident site in three-inch heels, dressed like a cute college girl, with my fake boobs bouncing all the way is a bit different, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    The receptionist who didn't read you at first until you told her your name was hilarious...and so many of your reactions just show that you have a look going that blends well and I think the fact that you are so comfortable with it helps a lot.
    I think it's more my confidence more than my look. If it has anything to do with my looks it's along the lines of "There's no WAY that a guy would be that skinny. Ergo, it must be an ugly, skinny girl."

You cannot be more wrong about yourself Veronica. You look very pretty in that picture and your arms look 110% feminine...and that's my final answer!!!
    Ditto!! Listen to her, Veronica!

Ooooh, that's quite catty, I love it!!! You can advertise at Sci-Fi conventions!
    Welllllll, maybe a little catty. Oh yeah, I could advertise at Sci-Fi conventions, World of Warcraft conventions (I guess to compete with those avatars, I'n need much bigger boobs. . . . oh, and a sword. A metal bikini would be nice . . .)

It's a test as to whether or not we're recognizable in girl mode. I've been told there's no way someone would recognize me but for any of us who have had a guy mug staring back at us in the mirror for most of our lives, it's hard not to see the guy underneath the girl. But chances are others don't see it that way.
    I've been told the same thing, but like you have a hard time believing it. I still see the guy in the mirror as well. It's hard getting rid of the putz sometimes!

Thanks again for all of the lovely interaction on this site. Friends like you guys are what keeps me coming back!

Kathi

Sure, I wore it last in Vegas, but no one here has seen it yet, so I was safe. Wow, once again, I have to ask - how do women keep track of all this stuff. No wonder they say guy's heads are empty. They keep track of everything we do, and soooo much more! Ladies, I am in awe of you.
    With apologies to Danica Patrick, Shirley Muldowney, and the NHRA women, most women don't fill their available memory with stuff like "the 5.7 litre Chevy Hemi has sassafras spark plugs" so there's room for the really important stuff like when you last wore an outfit or what someone else wore to an event.

Also, (no offense to men intended here, they're just different), most men seem to be equipped with 1.2 meg cell phone cameras, probably very suitable for hunting wooly mammoths and sabre-tooth tigers, while most women seem to come equipped with 12 meg SLR's.

So a guy sees someone at a bit of a distance and goes, "Skirt! Woman! Legs! Woman! She's got legs! Boobs! (pant!) Boobs! (pant!) She's got boobs! Wish I could make out her face in this crummy picture."

And a woman goes, "Her nose is too big for her face, she ought to do her eyebrows, but that cluster ring of ¼ carat diamonds is kinda cute."
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephoneâ„¢ and Persephoneâ„¢ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Ah I just love reading your adventures!! I should be getting ready for my day but alas, I am glued to the screen.

So how can I find out about this fantastic wig shop??

Oh, and you have amazing style! I really need to find some good long sleeve tops for the same reason. big climbers man arms on a mostly skinny bod. I cant even find guy cloths that fit right.

Maybe some day Ill get to see you out and about and pick up some pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    . . . most men seem to be equipped with 1.2 meg cell phone cameras, probably very suitable for hunting wooly mammoths and sabre-tooth tigers, while most women seem to come equipped with 12 meg SLR's.
    Not only that, but men seem to have pretty bad short-term memory, while women's can remember details that you didn't even know existed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz1b View Post
    Maybe some day I'll get to see you out and about and pick up some pointers.
    Let's count on it, shall we? I've already met a few lovely Utah women, what's a few more?

Alas, since I just finished packing up my Kathi things to go into storage prior to a move, it'll be awhile. Sigh.

Kathi

Gold Member
    The title of Kathy's thread, was I the only one who pictured a coiple of guys in full winter gear trying to climb Mount Everest?

Ummm, yeah
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    A week away from this site and Kathi's adventures and everyone's entertaining and insightful comments was just too much to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    The title of Kathy's thread, was I the only one who pictured a couple of guys in full winter gear trying to climb Mount Everest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post

Ummm, yeah

Nicole I was thinking along the same line but somehow my mental image conjured up the Geico Cavemen trudging across the artic land bridge.

Kathi I loved this post. However, even though you are packing up the clothes for your move you are not going to be packed away. You said it yourself. You are you and the clothes don't make you who you are. Thats what I love about you.

Darling I have to agree with the girls. You are a blonde. I guess you are destined to have more fun! Stay away from the dark wigs.

Your conversation with the tellers reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy in a sports pub tonight. He was picking my brain about why I dressed. I kept trying to convince him how much fun it is to shop and dress and change your look, but he was convinced it wasn't worth the hassle. Its probably for the better. If more guys dressed it would be harder to find rockin clothes on sale.

Ohhh and get the house with the Jacuzi Tub and Fireplace in the bathroom. The mental picture you painted had me so relaxed I almost fell asleep.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful story. You are an inspiration to so many of us.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

When I read your thread title I thought Oh wonderful she's going to move to Canada and be my new neighbour. Oh well no such luck.

Originally Posted by Kathi Lake
    Maybe one with kittens! Everybody likes kittens, right? Cute, fluffy kittens?
    Ya I love fluffy Kittens. Guys love dogs we girl Love Kittens and Cats . I just wish My apt would allow them .

Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit
    Those aren't Ugly Man Arms...these are Ugly Man Arms:
    Now Kathi And Veronica

I have UMA's more them the two of you do. I just don't care anymore if people don't like them . Plus I have been told that there not bad girly arms but I think there just being nice. There fat and I am very very strong. I used to pull a 48 foot flat bed trailer and had to tarp loads and tossing the tarps around that weigh 130 lbs each , putting that on your shoulders and Sometimes having to Climb up the side of the trailer like a mountain climber with it give you a bodybuilders body, I have just insulated it from the cold......Insert laugh trax here.

Oh and Kathi if you think you can't wear pink here's a Pic from my 20th high school reunion. I had this dress made just for the reunion. It's 100% silk by the way...

So if a big plus size girl can were pink so can you. Plus I think I beat you two in the UMA's . So you both have it better then I do. The difference is I could care less what people think. So I wear what ever I like and to h*ll what other's think save for the girls and my family thinks of course. I love all you girls .

Oh ya the reason I am responding to you thread now is when I say you had a new thread I knew it would be that Cliffhanger story that kills me with that &*&#$^&g waiting that I hate so much. So I waited until I figured you would be done and THEN I read it. I am glad I waited.....I needed my Kathi Lake story fix. Ahhhhhh now only if you could put that drug on the market you would make a mint. Then we would all have you writing about your shopping everyday. I would never get off this Dam computer it that ever happened!!!
    Lets hope she never has that much time girls......We would never get anything done....EVER!!!!!

You know, you could try white wig like the one I just got. I tried it on as a lark and fell in love with it. Try something you thought you would never tey and see if you like it. YNK you might fall in love like I did. Not the red on , I do like it but it's just for clubing. The white one is my new Fav.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 01-31-2010 at 12:55 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Kathi I loved this post. However, even though you are packing up the clothes for your move you are not going to be packed away. You said it yourself. You are you and the clothes don't make you who you are. Thats what I love about you.
    Thanks Suzanne! You are so right. I am me and we are she and we are all together! Koo koo ka choo!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Your conversation with the tellers reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy in a sports pub tonight. He was picking my brain about why I dressed.
    Now waitaminnit!! Are you saying that you went to a sports bar dressed?! Wow, if that's true, you do have some serious boys!

Kathi

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Yup. See my post. Went to a sportsbar with two friends in snowy DC to watch the KU KSU game. It was a little tense at first but then it was fun.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Horton View Post
    When I read your thread title I thought Oh wonderful she's going to move to Canada and be my new neighbour. Oh well no such luck.
    Oh come ON, Christina! Two of us in the same country? That would not end well.

Oh and Kathi if you think you can't wear pink here's a Pic from my 20th high school reunion. I had this dress made just for the reunion. It's 100% silk by the way...
    Wow, it's very pretty, Christina! Hmmmm, my 30th reunion is coming up (have I mentioned that I'm old? ). This gives me something to think about - especially as the girl who first dressed me up in 10th grade will be going this year.

Oh ya the reason I am responding to you thread now is when I say you had a new thread I knew it would be that Cliffhanger story that kills me with that &*&#$^&g waiting that I hate so much. So I waited until I figured you would be done and THEN I read it.
    Smart girl! But the waiting makes it that much more fun, don't you think?

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 02-01-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Postscript

I just got an e-mail from the travel agent I spoke of earlier. I had sent her an e-mail asking some questions about my upcoming trip, and saying, "So, did you have some explaining to do to everyone in the office about my appearance? Were they curious?" Here is part of her reply:

"[SIZE="3"]You are awesome!! Actually no one even noticed untill an hour later I was talking about how gorgeous you looked and the girl next to me jumped up and said, that girl was XXXXX? I said yes, she said he looked awesome. If he can look THAT good, I want him to give ME tips...I thought that was great.. You looked great as Kathi, I admire you for that and its great you can pull if off so well.. [/SIZE]"

Sigh. Did I mention how much I like going out and about as Kathi? Can you tell how much fun this is?! ladies, do NOT let yourself be afraid of what may or may not happen. Get out there into that big, beautiful world, and make it a prettier place. Acceptance is waiting for you - you just need to take the first step.

Kathi

So are you going to go to your 30 th high school reunion dressed ? If so I want to here all about it. Oh when is it going to be this year? Next year ? When ? Come on hun your great with your stroys but on this you don't give us the poop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

So are you going to go to your 30 th high school reunion dressed ? If so I want to here all about it. Oh when is it going to be this year? Next year ? When ? Come on hun your great with your stroys but on this you don't give us the poop.
    No. I think that being me - the class geek, the ROTC guy, the choir dweeb - was traumatic enough for them. I wouldn't want to subject them to Kathi. Imagine, seeing a beautiful girl that you know you could never have . . .

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 02-08-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Wow is right Kathi. Color is good thing! The purple makes you stand out great! So when I'm not pulled into your blog posts about...well..anything, I'm dreaming for the day I'll be as well adjusted as you. :-) Your shopping excursions could literally be the basis for the next film installment of "Confessions of a Shopaholic".

Oh Kathi, you and your adventurs are so awsome. Way to go girl. Thanks for wrighting so well.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaV View Post
    . . . I'm dreaming for the day I'll be as well adjusted as you.
    Well thanks, Veronica! I'm not sure how well-adjusted I am in the world's eyes. Think about it. I am an almost 47-year old, 135 pound, gray-haired old man who dresses up completely as a woman. And not just any woman, but a younger girl. Not only that, but I blow away their stereotypes by not being a psycho-slasher, a drag queen, or anyone worthy of an appearance on the Jerry Springer show. Yeah, I'm the poster-child for normalcy in their eyes!

If, however, you mean well-adjusted in my own skull, then I would have to agree. I see nothing wrong at all with what I do. Well, perhaps I should dress more my age, but other than that, I'm as normal and bland as dry toast.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaN View Post
    Oh Kathi, you and your adventurs are so awsome. Way to go girl. Thanks for wrighting so well.
    Thank you Paula! Now, return the favor. Have some adventures of your own. As I said earlier, I have essentially packed Kathi away for a few months until this move is done. It's now up to you to have the adventures and write about them so people like me can enjoy!

Kathi