Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving legs!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by nylon boy View Post
    Ive noticed alot of crossdressers on here have shaved legs,how do you get away with it if your fave past time is a secret??
    Swimmers shave their legs for aero dynamics, and there are a good number of people who dont have hairy legs in their genetics, so its easy enough to get away with.

I do a full body shave once every week. I can no longer stand leg, arm hair.

Had the same fears

I had the same question and fears for a long time. Then one day, I just decided to do what I wanted to do. I decided to get them waxed. Well actually my entire body. Not as painful as one would think, but boy did my pocket book take a hit! I think it has everything to do with your own comfort level, and your own confidence. I know of some CDs who can not even shave their pits, let alone go out in public, while others remove every hair they can and go out all the time. It is what you choose, and when you are ready you will know.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfire Jade View Post
    Swimmers shave their legs for aero dynamics
    Actually, it would be for hydrodinamics

And bikers, runners, soccer players, etc also do

Smooth leggs r so sensual !!!!
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I shave my legs too. Sometimes I use a depilator. I own a silk epil by Braun, which works ok but is a bit painful. The problem is that I have sensitive skin and it can leave me with ingrown hairs. I've waxed before, but again, same story as the silk epil. I think in the end shaving is the easiest way to go (though it's by no means that easy!)

I've used the creams, like nair, which work well, but are a bit of a hassle (and they never seem to work completely - I always find myself having to touch up with a razor).

I still dream of a day when an over the counter balm or cream will be made available that permanently removes hair.

Easy. Just do it. Who cares what "They" think. I am completely shaven and it's a great feeling.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

I didn't have a lot of hair to start with. I have been shaving my legs for about six months and my wife still hasn't noticed. I am in the gym often and nobody has seemed to notice either. Just do it!

Jaydee

Some valid reasons!

I have shaved my legs and body for years. I now use a Philips bodygroomer, which is marketed for men to shave their legs and bodies.

Medical:
    Before my wife fully accepted my CD'ing, I had shaved my legs for a particular night out and after that found that I no longer suffered from ecsema on my shins after kneeling on carpet. Previously irritating fibres must have got trapped in my hairs. From that day, my wife accepted me having shaved legs full-time.

Sports:
    Lots of swimmers and cyclists shave their legs.

Hobbies:
    In the naturist world, many nudists like to be completely smooth.

The medical reason is perhaps the easiest to use, unless you want to take up a sport or admit to being a naturist, which I am proud to be, so my smooth body is seen by many people and is never questioned.

I prefer girls clothes or no clothes, then drab.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I don't hide it anymore . I'm praying folks have gotten used to it .
    Previously in the changing room at work I was asked once , my reply was cycling .
    BUT - I also noticed other relatives during the summer whilst wearing shorts outload at one point - " You shave you're arms and legs ?" I nearly died .My legs were so white . OMG. My excuse was my job .... composite dust ... a lot of the guys say it's better to be clean - it does'nt stick in sweat so easily .

Balderdash .
    Now , well , it's been 4 yrs since I sheared my body locks . I even use fake take to hide the moon tan a little .
    One things for sure ...even if I ceased dressing tommorrow , I'd not stop shaving . It feels so clean .

Shaved legs

I shaved my legs for the first time this month. I hate having body hair and I love having smooth legs; however I can't let anybody know. Right now is more dangerous for me that when I was smooth shaven because I now have stubble. Its one thing to have smooth hairless legs, but it's another to have stubble. Stubble gives you away.

I love to shave my legs. I keep mine clean and smooth as long as i can until summer. I usually let them grow back a little and keep them trimmed. Maybe this year i will try and give it the clean look all summer.

bron
    when i first started shaving it was just my pubes....then my chest. Legs came next....then whole body shave. and that means EVERYWHERE. my arms and fingers too.......underarms of course.....feels divine. Been doing that now for many years.....

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar

Love my smooth legs

I love smooth shaven legs, gotta have them. I first shaved in 6th grade and once during middle school. Then again about 20 years ago and every year since. Normally I let it grow alittle during the summer as I play alot of golf. I am always surprised at the number of other men who have nearly or completely smooth legs. They can't all be CDers, can they ?
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

My wife doesn't like that I shave my arms and legs. She thinks that if people see me with long hair, shaved arms, chest and legs that they will automatically think I am a crossdresser.

Well, besides the fact that I am, most people don't really think that way. One guy asked me if I shaved my arms because I was a runner. I occasionally get jokes about wearing a skirt or something (I laugh to myself thinking, been there done that).

My mother (who doesn’t know) said “Oh! Look how pretty my son is with that long hair. Just get that nose fix you could be a pretty girl.” My wife was there and gave me this glare. I had to hold back a big smile.

If you want to shave your legs or whatever, just do it; if you don’t like body hair, then good for you; if others don’t like you not having body hair, tough luck for them. And the heck with what others think or say.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Lucky

It is a genetic thing for me. Don't grow lots of hair, and my leg hair has always been very thin. I am also a cyclist so did not have to explain that to my wife. My father on the other hand !
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

Sure, hairy legs are unpleasant. It does not look all nice on me either. Rather gross actually.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Ny-

As many of the other girls have said, it kind of depends on who you're keeping your other self a "secret" from. If it's your wife or SO, then you really should let them know about it, but that's a seperate discussion. If it's anyone else, then it's none of their business. If someone should ask, you can either be upfront, who knows, it may open up a dialogue that allows them to find out a little about what being TG means, or you can just respond with, "Why in the world would you want to know?" and walk away. No matter what, it's your bod and you can do what you want.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Unfortunately for many.. We think ' ah Hair.. As they are not pleasant! ' It restrains our female half.. The Most awful, really it is necessary to hide it... To enjoy in loneliness to touches of stockings or pantyhose to a body.

No matter how many times it's recycled, we all love responding to this topic! It's my contention that people do in fact notice shaved legs on a man, I'm very certain of it. Just because people don't say anything doesn't mean they don't notice. But not once have I had anyone comment on mine, let alone make an big deal over it, and friends/family don't seem concerned in the slightest. As for strangers, who gives a rip? But if it's an issue for you, there are numerous good excuses you can use, as some have suggested in this thread.

Just do it -- it takes the dressing to a whole new level and you'll absolutely love it.

I have been shaved from neck to toes for three years. I have yet to have anyone ask or even give me the sideways look.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have never had much hair on m y legs to begin with so I just managed what I had and now my legs are about 95% hair free without shaving very often. I think more men are doing full body shaves now as it is in. Most of the Hip Hop community has bare legs if you look close at the guy with the shorts you will notice no hair.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    It's my contention that people do in fact notice shaved legs on a man, I'm very certain of it. Just because people don't say anything doesn't mean they don't notice.
    I agree with Sherri here. People mostly don't care enough to comment. I started shaving my legs and my daughter commented on it positively. Friends and strangers will probably just let it go with a shrug.

Such a hastle

This should not be a big issue.

I have always said, to the very few people who bothered to say anything, that I live in Florida. I wear shorts (I do not mention skirts usually) most of the year. And I hate the sight of hairy legs. I am not a gorilla. It is not that unusual (shaved legs, not the fact that I am not a gorilla).

"L'audace, toujours l'audace."

"Life should be led like a cavalry charge."

etc. etc.

Smile

and there is a hygene reason for shaving also.

if one has bad "bo" no hair = no "bo", no place for the stuff to grow that makes the smell.

so shave away, yes it is a pain to keep this way. but worth it.
    and who is to know. most guys out there never will notice, and some of the gg out there love a clean man.