Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite "girl" color?

What's your favorite "girl" color?

This is just for fun, of course. And I suspect we're gonna see a whole lot of "pinks" in the answers. But seriously, what's your favorite "girl" color? If you are looking at an outfit, what color always catches your eye?

For me, it would be a pastel green, often referred to as "seafoam". I've wanted a dress in this color for a long time. Actually, I have one, but it's a little formal for everyday wear. I don't want it real casual, but not overtly dressy either. And believe it or not, they are very rare, and hard to come by! But one day, I'll find it!

Gowns in this color are easy to find. Regular dresses, not so much. I included one here that Jennifer Lopez wore to the Oscars several years ago that I just adore. I also included the one dress I have in this color. But I want another one!

What's yours?

Attached Images Attached Images

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Your right, I'll be your first pink. I liked it even as a child and had my room painted pink. My brothers didn't like it, They shared the same room. I was a tough kid but still liked pink and because I was a little on the crazy side no one commented. At least not in front of me.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

You look awesome in that dress, Maria!

Most GG's tend to select their favorite colors to wear by what looks best on them and what goes best with their skin tones.

I probably look best in greens, oranges, and browns and wear a lot of those, but yes, I'm also known, particularly for exercise gear, in pink.

Oh, yeah, and then there's my pink Blackberry (is that an oxymoron?).

Lot's of pink accessories!

By the way, one popular way to determine your best colors is through the use of "color seasons." You can find out more at Wikipedia.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-28-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Wow! A favorite? Well, I can rule out any browns, yellows and darker greens. I guess my favorite would have to be red. There are a lot of contenders like blues, pinks silver, white and black, but red would be an all round favorite. My next outfit will be a red one for sure.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Platinum Member
    I like just about any pastel, but still I find that in my outerware, basic colors predominate. Among my fall/winter outfits, ivory, forest green, dark grey, red and bark/brown. summer tends towards linen and cotton...bright and pastel tank tops, sand and print skirts.

Black & red are so sexy !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

No pink for me...

Sorry, I know I may be linched or have my CDer union card pulled for this, but I'm not a big fan of pink. Don't like yellow much ether. My fav color to dress in? Red satin. I know, satin isn't a color, but I just love it so much! So defininately red, or black satin, ya, I like that too...
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I like a nice slimming black.
    I'm also a big fan of denum and animal prints

Smile

not sure if i have a favorite color? but not yellow,
    might get a cami in yellow. but then need many colors and styles of cami's for adding to something.

like right now i have on a multi color long top that plunges deep, i have a grey cami under it, fills in the bottom three inches of "the view" little lace trim on it.
    just looked at the hanging rack. mostly darker colors, some blues, reds, purples, some black, even a green top, etc. and a lot of white blouses, and one long white cotten skirt, (on loan from my mom)....but she is not getting it back just love it with a cotten blouses i have...need shoes for it. -flat or low heel sandles...maybe a pair of mules?-

Pink and purple!!!

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Chrome Pink with a metallic purple being a close second.

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    You look fantastic in that dress TGMarla realy suits you. Black & White is my colours togetter but if it girl color then have be pink and 2nd have be light blue.

Green is my favorite right now. Supposedly goes well with my hazel eyes (although they were once brown). However, that said, I do buy an awful lot of clothing in black and white.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Interesting, as I think about my transitioning (not gender!) from my previous appropriate for all situations black color, through some browns and now onto purples, which I never thought that I would like and could wear successfully. Remember success for me means that I feel successful in it, not what others may think. So for now it is the various shades of purple mixed with other colors, styles and fabrics. I can't wait to see what my next colors will be. I really like this type of transition and I feel adventurous as I try different colors, fabrics, textures and looks to go out on the town. It is kind of like growing up again and maturing into someone else. So much fun!

My all time favorite girl color is silver!! I have always loved silver. My second favorite would be pink and my 3rd a dark foresty green. Though I the color of your first dress; I think I will try to find one in that color!!!

Amee~~

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Nice Dress Marla

Or should I say "Another Nice Dress Marla"?

As far as colors go I'm looking at a closet with lots of colors, but it seems that Red, Maroon, and Tan are the most common. Yes there is quite a bit of Pink and Black in there as well.

I actually have more color on the guy side of the closet where I have my month supply of Hawaiian shirts to wear when I can't get girly.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

My favorite color is bright green....

im a fan of pnk as well, but i also like a deep purple, red, maron, and cream color.

I've become fascinated with leopard prints. Even with this pattern, I've found a variety of hues and tones. I have a strawberry blonde wig which brings out subtle pinkish hues in some of them, without being obvious.

Of course, lavender and pink are my classics, mainly lingerie though.
    Jinny

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I don't know about girl color, but I know for a fact that green looks best on me, aqua, teals, forest greens, just about anything green. And of course basic black, tho I like to mix in some solid reds as well.

Beige, however, I'm told doesn't work on me. I just get washed away in beige.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I like white but it's so impracticle. It's also not a colour strictly speaking but hey, sue me xx

Make mine yellow!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC]

i just love green
    RACHEL H

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I like a nice, deep red. Not quite burgundy, but a nice red with undertones of brown. My favorite example would be the sweaters in these pictures:

Like Persephone, I am a Fall, and look best in these tones of orange, red and brown. Still, I also like black and white, as they are so easy to coordinate and accessorize. As for pink? Eh. Too bubblegum for me. Hey, maybe I am growing up finally! At this rate, I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn any day now.

Kathi

Lilac, lavenderand peach. and my favorite boy colors are lilac, lavender and peach