Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testosterone side effects

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I agree it has to be the testosterone because I do remember my dreams in more detail too than before.
    I don't. If anything I get deeper into sleep than ever. It seems to have been an insomnia cure for me. Seem to sleep like a rock now…only time I remember my dreams is when I’m wearing nicotine patches to bed…crazy MENTAL vivid dreams!
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Dunno, thought maybe it would be helpful to have a thread (a sticky maybe) about T side effects and their 'cures' or things that help alleviate the problems? Stuff like acne (big problem), ridiculous sex drive (slightly less of a problem-- for me anyway, but still an issue), aggression maybe, increased appetite, all that stuff.

Any takers? Unless there's already a thread like this, in which case, someone can delete this and point me in the right direction.
    For acne, someone mentioned taking beta carotene. That's essentially just like taking Accutane. Accutane is essentially over-loading your body on a vitamin A analog in order to cause the desired effect, just like beta carotene is a vitamin A precursor that will cause the desired effects... in some people. Since Accutane doesn't require the same enzymes that beta carotene does, it's often a LOT more effective. There are the bad side effects, but you get bloodwork done every two weeks for it, so it's not a HUGE issue, though I still have lingering slightly-low HDL and slightly high liver enzymes because of it. Just means you'll have to watch your diet a little better if you do get the side effects. I highly recommend it. A lot of people are so against Accutane because it's so powerful, but IF IF IF antibiotics don't work and OTC creams and washes don't work, Accutane WILL do the job, even if it takes a couple of regimens. Some of the more annoying side effects: dry corners of your mouth, decreased ability to gain muscle mass, increased fatigue on exercise. Just be careful with it

As for the sex drive, aggression, and appetite, being a genetic male, I can say that the way I controlled all three was via exercise. It makes you tired, lets you channel the aggression, and in people who are either just overweight, normal, or underweight, it usually DECREASES appetite (while if you are obese, your body will respond to exercise with a huge CRAVING for food).

You could always take up masturbation to help with the sex drive, but I found that the key to controlling your sex drive is distraction and fatigue. Hard to do when there's a hot girl walking in front of you on campus, but hey, it works sometimes.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Thanks for the info, Katie.

See, that's another problem with Accutane-- the bloodwork. I simply can't afford it. I'm sure the Accutane itself is expensive as well, but if I'm getting tested every two weeks for who knows how long... I'm not exactly rich, nor do I have insurance, so it's not really an option.

On the other hand, I haven't had antibiotics for me, so there's always the chance that those'll work.

Although I've recently (about 3 weeks ago) switched to a different compound of T that's in a thinner oil suspension and it seems to have helped with the acne. But, on the other hand, I'm going to see about getting my dose increased soon, and with increased dosage typically comes increased acne, so I'll have to see about getting some antibiotics at the same time.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.