Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone side effects

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.

Testosterone side effects

Dunno, thought maybe it would be helpful to have a thread (a sticky maybe) about T side effects and their 'cures' or things that help alleviate the problems? Stuff like acne (big problem), ridiculous sex drive (slightly less of a problem-- for me anyway, but still an issue), aggression maybe, increased appetite, all that stuff.

Any takers? Unless there's already a thread like this, in which case, someone can delete this and point me in the right direction.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

As far as acne goes in cisgendered males, it usually doesn't tone down until one's mid twenties... Best you really can do is try a bunch of different meds (over the counter stuff usually works fairly well) that will make it partially go away, but it will persist while the levels are fairly high in your body.

For drive and aggression, I really don't know =) I personally think that disposition constitutes at least half of this phenomena. Maybe the trick is learning not to roll with it.

Yeah... I've tried all of the OTC acne meds; it's really annoying. They all seem to work for a couple weeks and then stop. I had the same problem pre-T too, but it's only gotten worse.

I started taking beta carotene yesterday, so I'm hoping that will help. I want to stay away from accutane (the prescription med that's supposed to help the most) because of the horrible side effects (liver damage, kidney damage, extreme sensitivity to sunlight, and a bunch of other bad stuff). Next step is antibiotics, I guess.

I don't have too much of a problem with aggression, really, which is good.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I don't mean to be a dick about this - I really don't. But dealing with the extra joys of testosterone is just something every guy has to learn to do. You have to learn that you can't have sex whenever you want to - no matter how desperately; and that even looking at a woman for too long, or at all can cause you trouble. You have to learn that you can't simply punch the enormous number of people who so desperately deserve it. You have to learn that you can't even yell and scream at some jerk who really deserves to loose a couple of teeth. This is part of why so many guys sports involve fighting - it's a pressure release. But if you engage in any of them be prepared for the women who will tell you all about how barbaric the sports are - which of course only makes you want to punch them.

And it isn't so much that you have to learn these things. Most people know they are not allowed to just punch whoever deserves it, or have sex with whoever they would like. But you do have to learn to not act on these impulses, or even give the impression that you might - not even for a second.

Only in very rare circumstances will a guy resort to some sort of chemical means to alleviate the effects of testosterone - and in most of those circumstances it is done unwillingly or unwittingly.

Perhaps this is a part of why male emotional life is so restricted. It has to be.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Yeah... I've tried all of the OTC acne meds; it's really annoying. They all seem to work for a couple weeks and then stop. I had the same problem pre-T too, but it's only gotten worse.

I started taking beta carotene yesterday, so I'm hoping that will help. I want to stay away from accutane (the prescription med that's supposed to help the most) because of the horrible side effects (liver damage, kidney damage, extreme sensitivity to sunlight, and a bunch of other bad stuff). Next step is antibiotics, I guess.

I don't have too much of a problem with aggression, really, which is good.

yeah, tell me about it. I'm doing the antibiotics rout myself. works best if you combine it with an otc med. In addition to accutane's long term stuff, theres also a lot of short term unpleasantness that you'd get to deal with, or so I've heard. But the trade off is it _does_ cure the damn stuff.

Myself, I'm just gonna wait until either age cures it, or I go on 'that other hormone' =)

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I don't mean to be a dick about this - I really don't. But dealing with the extra joys of testosterone is just something every guy has to learn to do.
    *eyeroll* FAIL. Way to be condescending...did it occur to you that maybe that's what Abraxas was asking, ways to help us LEARN to deal with the effects of testosterone? At what point did he say he wanted to AVOID the effects of testosterone? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of BEING on testosterone in the first place when you're FtM?

You have to learn that you can't have sex whenever you want to - no matter how desperately; and that even looking at a woman for too long, or at all can cause you trouble. You have to learn that you can't simply punch the enormous number of people who so desperately deserve it. You have to learn that you can't even yell and scream at some jerk who really deserves to loose a couple of teeth. This is part of why so many guys sports involve fighting - it's a pressure release. But if you engage in any of them be prepared for the women who will tell you all about how barbaric the sports are - which of course only makes you want to punch them.
    Wow. Way to make assumptions about the kinds of effects Abraxas was asking about and brand all of us as aggressive, oversexed idiots. Thanks, but none of us here are idiots and I think I'm pretty safe to say that none of us are the kind of chauvinist, misogynistic pig you seem keen to paint us as by making those assertions about what we "need" to learn and being so condescending and arrogant.

Only in very rare circumstances will a guy resort to some sort of chemical means to alleviate the effects of testosterone - and in most of those circumstances it is done unwillingly or unwittingly.

Perhaps this is a part of why male emotional life is so restricted. It has to be.
    Again, wow. At what point did Abraxas or anyone else for that matter say anything about resorting to "some sort of chemical means to alleviate the effects of testosterone"? That's a pretty damn broad and ignorant assumption you are making without any sound basis (and see my previous comment about it defeating the purpose of BEING on T in the first place).

So you are basically saying that no GMs use acne medication, or possibly take any sort of medications to help with overactive sex drives or aggression if they become a problem that interferes with daily life, or watch their diet because T makes your appetite increase, and that FtMs should just shut up and grin and bear it? I think not. That comes across as incredibly judgemental of FtMs who are learning to deal with testosterone later than GMs do and don't have the social conditioning or support around it to help us out that GMs do either. And that's a pretty sweeping generalisation about male emotional life, too - not all genetic males repress emotion or have issues with anger/aggression/too high sex drive, and neither do all FtMs.

OK, I'm done, or I'm going to pull out the big guns and REALLY let fly - and I don't want to spoil my so far impeccable record on this board by being banned because I have lost any remaining patience with this kind of crap that constantly happens, someone gets slapped, it quiets down for a while and then some other idiot (or sadly far too often the SAME idiot) comes and does the same thing again and again and nobody LEARNS anything or DOES anything about showing the boys any respect. That's exactly why I hardly spend any time here any more, and am considering leaving the board altogether.

/rant
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Wow. Way to make assumptions about the kinds of effects Abraxas was asking about and brand all of us as aggressive, oversexed idiots. Thanks, but none of us here are idiots and I think I'm pretty safe to say that none of us are the kind of chauvinist, misogynistic pig you seem keen to paint us as by making those assertions about what we "need" to learn and being so condescending and arrogant.
    Abraxas mentioned sex drive and aggression, and all I saw when I read this was Hope discussing the problems associated with those topics that the majority of males struggle with during puberty (if not for a significant part of their lives). The whole response made sense to me in a ‘been there-> still there’ perspective, as well as an ‘older-> younger’ one. It also made sense to me in a ‘thinking out loud’ sense, which can often be valuable for less informed individuals (pre-t, or early-t members who might read this thread for example). I also don’t see misogyny or chauvinism here. Males like to have sex, and often want it at times when the objects of their desire do not= fact. Males experience difficulty with aggression on some level particularly during puberty= fact. Sports provide a valuable outlet for tensions and emotions= fact. There are quite a few women that view sports as barbaric= fact. Keep in mind that we’re going off of a ‘vast majority’ definition of males here and I don’t really think you can find fault with those statements.

So you are basically saying that no GMs use acne medication, or possibly take any sort of medications to help with overactive sex drives or aggression if they become a problem that interferes with daily life, or watch their diet because T makes your appetite increase, and that FtMs should just shut up and grin and bear it?
    First: you're jumping to conclusions. Second: speaking of vast majority again, MOST MEN DO GRIN AND BEAR IT. Sex drive and aggression are issues in the majority of men’s lives at some point, and most deal with it by adapting and moving on. The problem needs to reach a certain degree, which is not experienced by the majority, in order for medication to be required. Hope allowed for that by stating “Only in very rare circumstances,” and when you consider the relatively low amount of men who experience difficulty to that degree, paired with another common male trait - attempting to handle problems on our own – then yes it does become rare in a relative sense.

That comes across as incredibly judgemental of FtMs who are learning to deal with testosterone later than GMs do and don't have the social conditioning or support around it to help us out that GMs do either.
    Daniel, the only one making a distinction between FTMs and GMs seems to be you. Everything Hope said is exactly the kind of stuff I see discussed on puberty support boards (among other sources), and see/have experienced expressed man to boy/young man. Hope’s entire response was perfectly conditioned and supportive towards young/pubertal males.

And that's a pretty sweeping generalisation about male emotional life, too - not all genetic males repress emotion or have issues with anger/aggression/too high sex drive, and neither do all FtMs.
    At some point in life, particularly during puberty, almost every single male in the world has to deal with even mild versions of these issues. How assertive it is ok to be, what level of aggression even through play is acceptable in what situations, how to react when confronted with upsetting situations or hostility from others, when it is and is not ok to make sexual or even romantic advances towards others, and also what particular advances are ok in those appropriate times (to name a few). I suppose it’s entirely possible that not all males deal with those issues at some point... but damn it’d be interesting to meet one who didn’t! Lol

In reference to your final paragraph I would like to echo a statement you made to Ze recently (although slightly altered to remove any reference to slapping): “You’re creating so much unnecessary drama for yourself. Even just READING your thought processes makes my head hurt.”

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    *eyeroll* FAIL. Way to be condescending...did it occur to you that maybe that's what Abraxas was asking, ways to help us LEARN to deal with the effects of testosterone? At what point did he say he wanted to AVOID the effects of testosterone? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of BEING on testosterone in the first place when you're FtM?
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what he asked for was - and I quote - "T side effects and their 'cures' or things that help alleviate the problems?"

Now - I will grant that I did not offer any sort of techniques, and that might be construed as a failure on my part. But that is because I don't think the OP was looking for techniques. Maybe he is.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what he asked about was - and I quote - "Stuff like acne ..., ridiculous sex drive ..., aggression maybe, increased appetite, all that stuff."

And I believe what I addressed, and you are getting huffy about, is acne, ridiculous sex drive, and aggression. I admit I failed to address "increased appetite" and "stuff." Boo bad me.

Also, I don't really know how to say this - but addressing someone's concerns does not mean that anyone is painting anyone as a "chauvinist, misogynistic pig." Though I would advise you (from experience) that to be male in the west today is to be seen as a "chauvinist, misogynistic pig" until proven otherwise. Also, guys generally don't use those terms - except for sarcastically.

Bill (from the other room): "Hey Ted, on the way back would ya'll grab me a beer from the cooler?"
    Ted: "Bill, you chauvinist, misogynistic pig, you come git your own damn beer! I am not here to wait on you hand and foot!"
    Bill and Ted (together) HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Seriously, if you want to be taken seriously as a guy, in most communities, you have to stop saying things like "chauvinist, misogynistic pig" in earnest.

Again, wow. At what point did Abraxas or anyone else for that matter say anything about resorting to "some sort of chemical means to alleviate the effects of testosterone"? That's a pretty damn broad and ignorant assumption you are making without any sound basis (and see my previous comment about it defeating the purpose of BEING on T in the first place).
    Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what he asked for was - and I quote - "'cures' or things that help alleviate the problems?" Perhaps by "cure" the OP was not referring to some sort of medication or other chemical means to control what he referred to as "T side effects," but Ironically - you made the same assumption that I did:

So you are basically saying that no GMs use acne medication, or possibly take any sort of medications to help with overactive sex drives or aggression if they become a problem that interferes with daily life, or watch their diet because T makes your appetite increase, and that FtMs should just shut up and grin and bear it?
    So lighten up a little huh?

But let me answer these issues too:

So you are basically saying that no GMs use acne medication,
    No, some GM's DO use acne medications. I personally know some who do. But I know a LOT more GG's who use acne medication, and it's not because they are taking testosterone that is making them break out. It's because being concerned with their appearance, to the point of seeking a prescription, is seen as a pretty girly thing to do...

or possibly take any sort of medications to help with overactive sex drives or aggression if they become a problem that interferes with daily life,
    I can safely say that I do not know, nor have I known any GM who has ever taken any sort of medication to reduce his sex drive or aggression. Virility is something that is seen as a positive by the overwhelming majority of men.

I DO know retirees, men in their 60's who refuse to take medications for prostate cancer because they are afraid of it affecting their sex drives.

I do know of guys who smoke a lot of pot, or drink excessively who are unwittingly affecting their sex drives through the use of these substances. I have known guys who have stopped smoking pot when they realized it was affecting their sex life - but I have never known a guy who smoked up in order to achieve that as a goal. And of course, we have all encountered a frat guy or alcoholic who insists the alcohol has no effect on his ability to perform. Ahem.

There are occasionally threats made (by politicians) to include "chemical castration" as a means of controlling violent criminals, but as far as I know - very few volunteers are found.

So... Yeah... Only in very rare circumstances will a guy resort to some sort of chemical means to alleviate the effects of testosterone - and in most of those circumstances it is done unwillingly or unwittingly.

or watch their diet because T makes your appetite increase,
    Yeah - dieting is not a big male activity... and I don't know of any guys who blame testosterone when they are compelled to do it. Doctors, wives, girlfriends (or the increased potential for girlfriends) are reasons I have heard for controlling caloric intake - but not testosterone. Sorry.

and that FtMs should just shut up and grin and bear it?
    Well, if you say so. I suppose that is what GMs more or less have to do... but I wouldn't suggest that as a terribly helpful suggestion. You have a better one?

What I generally say to folks about hormones is that if you don't think of the "side effects" as desirable... they may not be right for you. That goes both ways. If you are considering taking estrogen and you don't think that a loss of sex drive is a good thing, or if you are worried about shriveled testicles, and you are worried about loosing your ripped pecks... maybe HRT is something you should reconsider? But that is an individual decision... and the side effects will be there wether you want them or not.

That comes across as incredibly judgemental of FtMs who are learning to deal with testosterone later than GMs do and don't have the social conditioning or support around it to help us out that GMs do either.
    Seriously?

What is this "social support" of which you speak?

And that's a pretty sweeping generalisation about male emotional life, too - not all genetic males repress emotion or have issues with anger/aggression/too high sex drive, and neither do all FtMs.
    You are right. But "anger/aggression/too high sex drive" ARE the issues the OP asked about. Not the emotional repression, I DID posit that as a possible reaction to living as a man in a world that refuses to let you behave the way testosterone encourages one to... but seriously, is my half baked theory a reason to get all huffy?
    Last edited by Hope; 02-01-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: excessive blondeness
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

None of these multi-quote dissections are particularly constructive, nor was Hope's original 'live with it' sentiments.

Alright?

Let it go, or take it elsewhere.

Being as this is my thread, I think I have the right to clear up a few things.

I gotta say, Hope, that I agree for the most part with Daniel. And no, I'm not trying to be a dick either. I just don't have the patience or the verbal eloquence to put this super-delicately.

I wasn't necessarily looking for medical 'cures'-- I only used that as a term in jest. Look, boys ARE brought up with social support to help them learn to deal with these things. This social support is called 'other males.' Their dads take them fishing and to games, they watch their older brothers grow up and learn to deal with things that way. It's in the media, in schools, everywhere.

Now, I was just looking at this as a discussion topic, not for someone to come in here and say 'you just deal with it.' This thread was not for you, it was for us, hence it being in this section. That said, I'm not saying MTFs can't offer some real, helpful advice. But what you said was neither helpful nor appropriate, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I think we all know most of what you said in your first comment, so I don't think we need to be told not to punch peoples' teeth in. I realise that you mentioned most people already know this, but then what was the point in saying it at all?

For another thing, I've been on all sorts of 'acne' boards and suchlike, and the majority of people posting their advice/experience on there have been males. It is an issue that men have to deal with, and most of them (the ones I know) do seek treatment of some sort. If that doesn't work, they seek out another. So don't call us girly because we don't feel like being plague-riddled. That's an outright insult. As far as 'being taken seriously as a guy,' maybe we don't all want to be stereotypes. If you do, fine, that's your prerogative. But I don't plan on changing my entire personality to fit in to the machismo that comes with being a stereotypical meathead football playing 'dude.' I'm taken quite seriously as a guy, and have never had anyone who didn't know I was trans (or even who did know) imply that I was anything other than male. Compared to me, my 6'5" tall, 275 pound, ex high school wrestler, car-obsessed, can fix anything with a screwdriver and duct tape, boyfriend, is practically a woman. Yeah, he does all that and he still cried like a baby at the end of 'In the Gloaming.'

Also, the majority of males I know (my boyfriend especially-- even though I've told him numerous times, and he believes me, that I don't give a crap how he looks; I want him to be healthy and happy) like to diet, keep fit, exercise, etc. How about all those bodybuilders out there? Way more than half the people I see at your average gym, out jogging, and on bicycles, are men. So don't give me that 'men don't diet because they don't care' crap. And of course guys don't explicitly think 'well the testosterone in me is obviously making me ravenously hungry, so I'll diet because of that, or do something about all that man juice that's ruining my life.' They're thinking 'I'm hungry. I'm fat. I should watch what I eat.' Testosterone is a part of them, naturally, and not something that they take supplementally, so they wouldn't consider it in the first place.

All medications come with side effects, and we know this going in. We weigh our options (hopefully; I know I did for more than five years) but that doesn't mean knowing what may happen can fully prepare you for dealing with what does happen.

Now. Can we have some real discussion?

Now. Can we have some real discussion?
    Sure!

For over the counter Acne stuff, I recommend something with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. The idea is to dry up the acne and the oil on your face. Be aware though that 10% is kind of strong though, and may dry your skin out. I on the other hand find that it is the only thing that works. I usually put it on at night and in the morning after I've washed my face, and that keeps it mostly manageable.

I hope that helps.
    Red Heels!

I am going to recommend soap and water. In any pubescent person, the hormone levels are fluctuating badly and until a rather "normal" level is reached your immune system will go haywire. This allows what is otherwise ubiquitous and common flora (or are bacteria fauna?) to grow mostly unchecked. Staph is fairly susceptible to soap, benzoyl peroxide is a topical antibiotic that can be irritating but it is the common ingredient in most OTC topicals.

As for the other side effects you are seeing, man I miss being able to eat all day and not gain weight. Official answer on hunger, small well balanced meals. Truth...Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

Also sports...sports, all day long, anytime, always. Work those hormones out of your body...a boy busy with sports won't have time for anything else. Well that's what I was told 45 years ago anyway. Fast cars if you can afford them and...(don't listen to this part NiCo) booze when you are old enough. Truthfully, exercise can be helpful and beneficial. And you can work off Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

testosterone side effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno, thought maybe it would be helpful to have a thread (a sticky maybe) about T side effects and their 'cures' or things that help alleviate the problems? Stuff like acne (big problem), ridiculous sex drive (slightly less of a problem-- for me anyway, but still an issue), aggression maybe, increased appetite, all that stuff.

Welcome to the male world! Strong sex drive is almost the definition of a teenage boy (when testosterone is strongest)! And agression is a trademark of testosterone also! (Ever hear of 'Roid rage?). Acne is a direct result of hormones causing your body to produve more sebasious (sic) oils. There are bacteria that live on the skin that consume these oils that originate in the sweat glands and hair folicles. When the folicle gets clogged with dirt and dead skin cells, the excess oils and feeding bacteria will iritate the skin and cause a pimple. Excess washing with soap and water can further iritate the skin and make things worse. You might want to try Proactive! For best results use faithfully twice a day and you will see results within 2-3 weeks. There is no cure for acne (caused by hormones) but your body can even out in future years (with occasional beakouts). For prevention of acne there is only 'treatment'. Hope this helps. I've considered some more extreme actions for agression - which will also change my sex drive, but haven't taken those steps yet!

So, is the sex drive bit *really* tied to hormones? I always figured that was a stereotype, one that comes from the cultural conditioning that a man's measure is virility, but if a woman has sex, she's a *****.

Case and point, a guy who gets laid a lot and is open about it is a "player", and is seen as a positive thing to his peers; a woman who gets laid a lot and is open about it is a "*****", and is seen as someone to avoid sexual encounters with. Also, its fairly common with high schoolers and younger college students; the males are more often than not in a hurry to lose their virginity, the ladies usually are in a hurry to keep it. (sort of evens out after a year or so in college)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeva View Post
    So, is the sex drive bit *really* tied to hormones? I always figured that was a stereotype, one that comes from the cultural conditioning that a man's measure is virility, but if a woman has sex, she's a *****.
    Ohhhhhh yeah, it is. Definitely tied into hormones.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've tried Proactive and all sorts of benzoyl peroxide, as well as plain soap and water. I'm sort of losing hope, but I think the new regimen may be working *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Ze; 02-06-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Merging posts.

Good luck! I think for me, the only thing that really makes any of it work is diligence.

I've been on TRT for some months due to a hyponogadism diagnose and the side effects I had is that almost killed my already low sex drive along with increased acne and one side effect that I noticed is that prior to the TRT I had no recollection of dreams during sleep now with the TRT everynight is a secure dreamland sometimes good but most of the time bad dreams anyone of you had this side effect

For me honestly I've been off my T for almost 2 months now. I'm waiting on possibly getting my prescription again. But I can tell you I had less "side effects" while on it than off of it! I feel much worse now, I get a headache everyday. I eat more, I'm always hungry now. I'm way more irritable. Once I'm back on T I'll be just fine. LOL
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    I've been on TRT for some months due to a hyponogadism diagnose and the side effects I had is that almost killed my already low sex drive along with increased acne and one side effect that I noticed is that prior to the TRT I had no recollection of dreams during sleep now with the TRT everynight is a secure dreamland sometimes good but most of the time bad dreams anyone of you had this side effect
    That's interesting. T doesn't give me nightmares, but I do remember my dreams slightly more often/in more detail than I did before I started taking T. My boyfriend always remembers his dreams in great detail, but he says that's because he trained himself to lucid dream.

Gee, I hate walking into a firefight.

Let me just tell you the adverse effects of T are not just confined to young people. And though acne can really be devasting to a young person, being a more mature sort and having pimples is no laughing matter either.

I will offer this about acne. I have had two children (18 and 22) under a dermatologist's care for a number of years because we did realize acne had the potential for short term and long term problems (physical and emotional). Both took doxycycl hyc (oral), tazorac (cream used nightly) and oscion cleanser. The dermatologist said the pills would not be as necessary if the topicals were used consistently but kids... My daughter (22) has progressed (I think) to Accutane but that is wicked stuff and there are lots of safeguards in place if you use that. I was under the impression that anything with RetinA was really helpful (I tried that stuff years ago when it first came out.) Our insurance company covers alot of these medications, which is helpful because they can be terribly expensive. But I believe there are generics for these and the dermatologist often has coupons to defray the additional cost.

I would also suggest this about acne...clean skin is important. And how you respond to it may have lasting effects (potential scaring).

Lorileah also mentions the other common-sense items like diet and exercise. I agree with that. For me, I always thought chocolate was bad but people have told me that's an old wives tale.

I do know that some pharmacies now do hormone testing/counseling. Frequently they can suggest alternatives that might be helpful in correctly hormone imbalances. (Once the body gets over that "hump" I think things will get better...until the next time, frequently a lifestage.

One further thought. Just know that there are plenty of people with the opposite problem: they are tired of having the monkey of aggression, drive, and diet: they want to get rid of T.

Good luck

Smile

as a gm it might just be a good thing I do not carry my .45 with me.

learn to live with just wanting to bash someones skull in. becoming buba's new wife (male wife that is) is not a good thing.

Mod mode

This thread's lucky I was absent during certain days. Any more outbursts, negative assumptions, or insults as already given, and I'm closing this sucker in two shakes of a lamb's tail. I'm in no mood. This is why we usually can't have a thread like this in the public area. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by rachael j. View Post
    Welcome to the male world!
    What world were we in before?

Anyways ----------------------------

I haven't had much acne thankfully...only really at the beginning of starting T. It's settled right down now and i only get one or two occasionally. I find that this works for me, for when I do have a little problem going on.

Oh and as for being “girly” for using prescription stuff…nah, it’s called [imo] being *vain* which I am not ashamed to be known as thanks.

Hope this helps if you haven’t already tried it, or similar.
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I read somewhere that male pattern baldness can be a problem for FTM.

but yeah the crazy sex drive and acne, those are things adolescent males go thru.

I wonder if they stop, I mean the acne and sex drive.

For curing male pattern baldness, well, I think millions of GM's would love to know that one as well.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

That's interesting. T doesn't give me nightmares, but I do remember my dreams slightly more often/in more detail than I did before I started taking T. My boyfriend always remembers his dreams in great detail, but he says that's because he trained himself to lucid dream.
    I agree it has to be the testosterone because I do remember my dreams in more detail too than before.