Thread: shaving - hair takes too long to grow back!!

shaving - hair takes too long to grow back!!

"And that's a BAD thing?", I hear you wail. Well yes, in my case. As I am an incognito cd player. Before I go out en femme I fully shave my legs, but then I have to wait over 2 months for the hair to grow back! Until then, I have to hide my legs which is not always practical! Like in gyms, swimming pools, showers etc. I don't suppose you know of any workaround solutions. Then I really could have the very best of both worlds

Laura
    You are NOT crossdressed until you are wearing high heels!

the erotic black patent stiletto heel... surely there is no greater aphrodisiac??

You could always try Opaque, or higher denier hose and stockings, they tend to hide leg hair
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

It's a tough one as I used to shave my legs all the time and had a few comments from my brother at very awkward moments. I used to try and stick to activities where I could wear long trousers or training bottoms. Difficult when swimming tho. Sorry, I've been no help at all have I?

Well, since there is no way to make hair grow faster, my best advice is to care less about what people say and think. A lot of people won't even notice, especially if you're swimming. It's not like people stop to take a look to examine the status of your leg hair while you're doing laps. Tons of swimmers and bikers shave their legs to lower resistance.

And if someone asks, tell them you like it and move on. If they keep asking, throw it back on them and ask them why are they so worried about your leg hair? They may think it's weird that you shave your legs but it's also weird that they care so much about it.

If you act self-conscious about it, that will open the door for them to be nosy about it. If you're confident and casual about it, it will close that door.

Tell the people that have to ask that hairy legs look awful in a mini-skirt then laugh it off. They will laugh it off too. And think if they find out later that you CD you can tell them I told you months ago that I did so you shouldn't be surprised now. See it works out to cover for you now and later and you never lied about it. Thats what I do and have done for years.
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Wink

Buy a standard set of hair clippers and use a number 2 all over, you can wear thin, sexy tights, stockings, etc but can still get away with having hair in the event of gym, etc. but is very passable below stocking etc. Best of both worlds.

Stephi

It grows according to your individual genetics. You should know yourself better than anyone.As far as doing things, well you have to decide what you like better and make the choice.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Well since you are at the pool, you can always say that it helps you swim better as there is no drag in the water.
    If I'm not mistaken a lot of swimmers shave their legs for better speed in the water.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    I normally clip them (#1 or 2, but only with the directoin of hair growth - looks much more natural lthough not as short), and everytime I go a little bit farther. In that way, people around me gets used to it (the sport excuse)

The times I've completely shaved I've said that it's because I screwed it with the clipper and had to shave to get it even, or because I have a major sports event (like a marathon)

Shaving

I have been shaving legs, arms, and underarms for some time now and I wear shorts and tee shirts everyday at work, and some times clear nail polish. The one thing that I have noticed is that IF anyone has noticed they have never commented. I see lots of guys at the beach with no hair on their bodies and as the others have said lots of swimers and bike riders shave to reduce drag.
    So its up to you, I say go for it, but fro my experience it seems to be no big deal.
    Hugs Phyliss

Smile

i wish my hair would take that long to grow back.

shave every two days, and live with stubble.

Banned Read only
    Take up cycling. The guys that don't shave their legs stick out like a guy in a dress! Seriously - there are well over a hundred guys in Chattanooga, the Bible belt, that shave their legs regularly as they are regular cyclists. No issues! They can't all be CDers!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    If being a girl was so similar, why bother? I'm not the first to say that men & women are opposites in many ways. If you want to embrace both sides of your identity, be prepared to make some compromises. I once felt the same way as you. Now I have lasered my entire body and hate the site of hair on anyone. See how YOU feel in a few years.

Gen

Quote Originally Posted by LauraCassidy View Post
    "And that's a BAD thing?", I hear you wail. Well yes, in my case. As I am an incognito cd player. Before I go out en femme I fully shave my legs, but then I have to wait over 2 months for the hair to grow back! Until then, I have to hide my legs which is not always practical! Like in gyms, swimming pools, showers etc. I don't suppose you know of any workaround solutions. Then I really could have the very best of both worlds

Laura
    most guys in a gym working out shave there hair on there bodies anyway cause it shows the muscles better anyway and its easier to tan plus pro or semipro swimmer always shave there legs if any one asks it normaly a friend that is paying way to much attention to your body witch u can tell them that u dont like the hair on your legs and it looks cleaner this way or it easer to put the tanning lotion other than that suck it up, it your body and alot of guys shave there whole body and nobody thinks anydifferent of them so my answer is come up with some clever answers that will get them to stop asking about it or teasing, read my post on ( have u ever been caught in male mode whereing femmenin stuff ) it a few pages back

some men...macho manly, muscular men, don't have noticeable hair on their legs. They could have the hairiest furriest chest in the world and smooth legs and arms. It isn't a big deal. Why, why do we keep measuring things on body hair, or the ability to build or fix something, or how you present an image that really has no bearing on who or what you are in the real world? If you look like a troglodyte will you be a better man, father, husband or even just a friend or neighbor?

I don't care if my mechanic has hair on his or her legs? I don't care if my doctor looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Mikhail Baryshnikov or Bugs Bunny. What the person who checks me out at the supermarket wears under their clothes doesn't affect my purchases. And who the soldier in the trenches loves doesn't make them less valiant.

I know that this forum survives on the "What will the world think if they see I don't have hair on my butt." or "How can I demand respect if I wear women's under clothes?" But c'mon. If they are looking at your legs to see if you can freakin' be a man...they have more issues than you ever will have.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

i agree use the exercise excuse, for me shaving feels to good to stop. been shaving all my body hair now for a couple of years.

Wear sweat pants at the gym or just say, "I like it this way, you should try it" If they see it doesn't bother you, it'll quickly become a non-issue.
    Life's too short to not do the things that make you happy.

ya know this is a really easy thing to pull off, ALOT of guys shave their legs, surfers, swimmers, body builders, runners, many sports players and models, STERIOTYPICALLY AA men, and pretty boys (me). Also there are other guys that just do it for the hell of it. If you can pick a category there and explain with confidence that theres nothing wrong with it, no one will question you or care. Its not the old days anymore, in fact now a days theres alot of females that like guys shaved, and if your doing it for the females, whos goning to think its a bad idea? you might even change their mind.
    to make you feel better here is a link to a completly different website that asks a similar question from people who "apparently" dont CD and males and females all respond to the topic mostly positivly with pretty good ideas of why you shouldnt be afraid (only showing this so you can see that generally people other than us CDers really DONT care about it).
    http://personalitycafe.com/sex-relat...heir-legs.html
    Last edited by mylieanna; 01-31-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: wrong url

No big deal really. Unless you're as hairy as gorillia, most won't say much. I've been
    shaving for a quite a while and really, the smooth leg thing is great and the threat
    of somebody saying something is very small.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylieanna View Post
    ya know this is a really easy thing to pull off, ALOT of guys shave their legs, surfers, swimmers, body builders, runners, many sports players and models, STERIOTYPICALLY AA men, and pretty boys (me). Also there are other guys that just do it for the hell of it. If you can pick a category there and explain with confidence that theres nothing wrong with it, no one will question you or care. Its not the old days anymore, in fact now a days theres alot of females that like guys shaved, and if your doing it for the females, whos goning to think its a bad idea? you might even change their mind.
    to make you feel better here is a link to a completly different website that asks a similar question from people who "apparently" dont CD and males and females all respond to the topic mostly positivly with pretty good ideas of why you shouldnt be afraid (only showing this so you can see that generally people other than us CDers really DONT care about it).
    http://personalitycafe.com/sex-relat...heir-legs.html
    Interesting link.

I found there something that is very similar to my wife's objections to my leg shaving (she doesn't know about my CDing):

I don't care for the hairless look at all. To me, there's something kind of sexy about male body hair. I'm not talking about the hair itself but more like the attitude that comes with being comfortable in one's own skin. Just accepting yourself for who you are. The hairless look actually grosses me out, whether it's just the legs or the full body. I just get the impression that the guy is either really vain or really self-conscious and both of those characteristics are very unattractive to me, whether the person is male or female. It's like the people who fry themselves into oblivion just to look tan. I have never and will never find that look attractive.
    She said that she doesn't mind the look, but she does not understand why a guy would be concerned about his body hair. Actually I felt bad and a bit vain after her comment, but I think she is buying the sports excuse, or at least getting used. What I don't see working is keeping myself smooth all the time (I would really love it!!!), otherwise I'd go after laser treatment.

I really envy those whose SO asks them to do it because they dislike body hair. A perfect example of acceptance and excuse, all in one...

If you don't want to show hairless legs, try the trim and bleach method. As mentioned above cut the hair short, about 1/4 inch long with a hair trimmer (most around US$30.00 at pharmacies and electronic stores. Then get some Sally Hanson body hair bleach or cheap blond hair dye and go to work. I do that during the summer and it works great. I can wear or not wear nylons without worry of someone seeing hairy legs, while at the same time share a golf cart with my neighbor for up to 5 hours and still see some fuzz when the sunlight hits it. Good luck.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    A year or so ago I started using an epilator to remove hair from my legs, arms and chest. I didn't do it all at once, just a little at a time in a way that slowly changed me from being fairly hairy to not very furry at all. Now when I shave there isn't much visual difference for anyone who sees me. It's been a slow process, but not one person has mentioned anything at all.

If I do get asked now, I'm happy to tell them I didn't like the hair and feel much better like I am now. If they are unhappy with it, they don't need to look or worry about it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    Interesting link.

I found there something that is very similar to my wife's objections to my leg shaving (she doesn't know about my CDing):

She said that she doesn't mind the look, but she does not understand why a guy would be concerned about his body hair. Actually I felt bad and a bit vain after her comment, but I think she is buying the sports excuse, or at least getting used. What I don't see working is keeping myself smooth all the time (I would really love it!!!), otherwise I'd go after laser treatment.

I really envy those whose SO asks them to do it because they dislike body hair. A perfect example of acceptance and excuse, all in one...
    yeah there is the occassionall woman that really likes the body hair on a man, but hey if your able to pull it off even with a girl who likes the body hair, that says alot, its basically generally accepted nowadays for men to be shaven.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    If you don't want to show hairless legs, try the trim and bleach method. As mentioned above cut the hair short, about 1/4 inch long with a hair trimmer (most around US$30.00 at pharmacies and electronic stores. Then get some Sally Hanson body hair bleach or cheap blond hair dye and go to work. I do that during the summer and it works great. I can wear or not wear nylons without worry of someone seeing hairy legs, while at the same time share a golf cart with my neighbor for up to 5 hours and still see some fuzz when the sunlight hits it. Good luck.
    If someone was worried about appearing to be Gay (and that is what most people will think if you have shaven legs, not that you are a TV/CD) then I would hazard a guess that going from brunette hairy legs to semi-shaved blond legs might appear to be more Gay than totally shaved. At least with totally shaved you can use the bicyclist, swimmer, Metrosexual arguments.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Well, I'm not much help here as I just made up my mind, over wife's objections and more, to go ahead and keep shaved smooth. I have yet to have anyone, family or otherwise, comment on the fact that I have smooth legs.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.