Thread: Looking, Acting, Feeling.

Looking, Acting, Feeling.

With the three basic parts of cross dressing and a fourth i will add in at the end i was just wondering which would be most important to you if you had to pick one and then in what order would the next two come.
    Looking feminine, acting feminine or feeling feminine, i know you will say that they all go together but they can all be used separately for different reasons and in different situations,( i know it is a bit like putting 3 shovels against a wall and saying take your pick)
    And it would not be fair if i did not add the fourth choice which would be , nether of the above as you just enjoy wearing the clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Platinum Member
    I think as a practical matter, I first enjoy feeling feminine, second I like to look feminine - for myself and my wife, and acting would be third, because I really try not to modify my behavior whether I'm dressed or not. I hope that my femininity shows through in my attitude, interaction with others, even tho I don't strive to be "effeminate" to use a term hotly debated in another thread.

They are all part of the same thing. However, if you must it would be feeling feminine.
    Charlie

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Feeling feminine is first for me then looking feminine then acting feminine will follow.

For me it would be Look, Act and then Feel. Since I really do not want to be a woman, the Feel as a Woman is actually way down the list. Down the list means that I would also include what I do when dressed, such as interacting other people, going out to mainstream venues like restaurants, theaters, plays, public transit, shopping, dancing, being me, etc.

If it wasn't for looks I'd go find a new hobby....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

well for me its the fourth.. not changed my views ..dont think i ever will... something to be said about being content with ones self..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by joannef
    Looking feminine, acting feminine or feeling feminine, i know you will say that they all go together but they can all be used separately for different reasons and in different situations
    And it would not be fair if i did not add the fourth choice which would be , nether of the above as you just enjoy wearing the clothes.
    [SIZE="2"]If I had to pick one, I’d say feeling feminine, which leads to acting and (hopefully) looking feminine. Of course I LOVE to wear the clothes, the starting point for feeling feminine, the nourishing spring from which all feminine hopes (according to one’s own desires) spring forth…[/SIZE]

As someone new to it..

I'm still figuring this out. I thank you for giving me the 4 things to think about. It will really help me talk this out with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think as a practical matter, I first enjoy feeling feminine, second I like to look feminine - for myself and my wife, and acting would be third, because I really try not to modify my behavior whether I'm dressed or not. I hope that my femininity shows through in my attitude, interaction with others, even tho I don't strive to be "effeminate" to use a term hotly debated in another thread.
    a very considered response.....i, of course, agree!

For myself the order is feeling feminine(or what I think it feels like to be feminine),acting feminine (gets me in the mode) and finally looking feminine(by appearing as a female).
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Thank for your replies, feeling comes first for me as i can keep it inside of me and no one may never know , but i do understand the one`s who just like the clothes for you can enjoy those however you are feeling inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

The feminine feelings are already there, so that's not really a choice. The feelings motivate me to look more feminine and I wish I could do that better, so that would be next on my list. I'm not quite sure what it means to act more feminine, but if I allow myself to express my feminine side, and if I'm successful at looking more feminine, then I think just being myself will project femininity. I probably shouldn't answers theses deeper threads until I've had a cup of coffee. Thanks for listening.

Wendy

Being, surely? And that's being yourself.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Looking, Acting, Feeling.

feeling, looking and being my self

Mary Tyler Moore wannabe MarinaKirax's Avatar
    Looking feminine number one. Then acting feminine, because for me, passing is part of the feeling of femininity. So 1 and 2 facilitate the third.
    God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met. Farrah Fawcett

For me, it is really all about being feminine which I believe encompasses all of the other choices. When I first began CDing, it was about looking feminine. As time past it was about acting feminine and then I entered a phase where I began feeling feminine.

Now, I just consider myself as being feminine and as time passes I strive to be more feminine each day.

Nicole

Yes just Being is a good word as it means you can enjoy any of it at any time .

Thank for the replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Wendy's got it...

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendy View Post
    The feminine feelings are already there, so that's not really a choice. The feelings motivate me to look more feminine and I wish I could do that better, so that would be next on my list. I'm not quite sure what it means to act more feminine, but if I allow myself to express my feminine side, and if I'm successful at looking more feminine, then I think just being myself will project femininity. I probably shouldn't answers theses deeper threads until I've had a cup of coffee. Thanks for listening.

Wendy
    I don't think it's a matter of picking one first; it's more like an order they "naturally" come in. First, like Wendy said, is feeling feminine. That motivates the looking and acting. Of those two I'd say looking comes before acting. I need to look feminine before I want to act feminine. This is all subjective of course: It's all based on what we individually think of as feeling or acting feminine.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

It's the looking.....

That brings out the feeling, that brings out the acting for me. It would be impossible, for me, to look like a "duckling" and feel like a "swan".

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Feeling, looking, acting for me.

I would have to say feeling feminine. I like wearing the clothes but there has to be a part of me that feels like a woman.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

For me

Assuming looking is all encompassing top to toe then that would be my first choice. That would be the enabler for being able to carry off the clothes and the make up. That would then help to bring on the feelings of femininity which must then be the catalyst for acting womanly. A bit like if you feel lucky you’ll be lucky.

For me, it has to be feeling first, then looking, then acting. The feel is sooooooooooooooo important to me.