Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about carrying a purse

Individual
    Lori, that was brilliant; describes my purse pretty well. But then, if you use it, the detritus will come... (To paraphrase Field of Dreams.)

Gold Member
    I guess I started with the wrong purse. Once I move everything from my guy pants into the purse and add a small brush and the touch-up make-up, my purse is bulging. Maybe I need something with a handle and two wheels....

Gold Member
    Also if you carry a tampon, if you REALLY want to be convincing as a woman, then every so often in front of strangers just say "Oh shoot, I just started my period. But it is not a problem, I have a, (and pull out a tampon and hold it to the sky) TAMPAX to save the day! Yep no spotting in this girls undies!"

I do this a lot and it helps me pass as a woman.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    It's amazing what ends up in there! In addition to all the stuff mentioned I also keep a couple of panty liners. It helps to keep the bits tucked up. What I can't get the hang of though is keeping it on my shoulder the way all the GG's do

Re: Pepper spray. I that has been on my 'things to buy' list for ages. I guess I really should follow through on it before I need it. BTW: Have you ever had the stuff in your eyes? OUCH! I sprayed some in the air once when I was younger to see how it worked. Just the vapor that the wind carried back into my face made my eyes sting enough that I had to flush them out.

So in my purse:
    Lipstick, foundation and powder along with some application brushes and pads. Small mirror. 'Touch up' makeup for whatever I'm wearing at the time (eye shadow, liner, mascara, etc). Tissues, moistened wipes (for makeup removal). Cell phone and keys, a collection of misc. bobby pins, hair clips and scrunchies, and probably a few dollars in change in various pockets resulting from just dumping it in when shopping.

After reading this post, I'll be adding pepper spray and a spare pair of PH (good ideas). I PROBABLY should also add a spare car key. One of my nightmares is closing the car door and realizing I've just locked myself out of the car.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    One of my nightmares is closing the car door and realizing I've just locked myself out of the car.
    That is why I keep a wire hanger in my trunk
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    So in my purse:
    Small mirror. 'Touch up' makeup for whatever I'm wearing at the time (eye shadow, liner, mascara, etc).
    I've been waiting for someone to mention the all important mirror! I usually also have a 10X mirror (damn these old eyes of mine!). I also never leave home without my Purse Brite light. Great for touching up the makeup or putting contacts in when in the car. It clips to my visor mirror and works great!

http://www.amazon.com/Purse-Brite-Li.../dp/B001066XR2

Of course I kept the pink one and gave my daughter the silver one! lol
    Sally

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Not to be logical here but if you WERE locked out of your own car, wouldn't it be kind of hard to get in the trunk as well?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Question about carrying a purse

make up, money kleenex and ID keys

And sometimes I try to fit my digital camera in there also. Add me to the list of those who carry pantyliners in their purse. If anybody is looking over your shoulder when you reach in to get your wallet out, seeing those throws them off.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

If the keys are in the car and the hanger is in the trunk, how do you get into the trunk to get the hanger?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Not to be logical here but if you WERE locked out of your own car, wouldn't it be kind of hard to get in the trunk as well?
    My thought as well, when I used that trick I always fastened it up under the rear bumper.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 02-06-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: merged posts.. no need for another reply when you have an edit button

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    You know - I started carrying a purse when I started to get sick of having to move all of my junk from one pair of pants to the other (or in winter from one coat to another) running out of pockets, and then invariably leaving something in my other pants, or on someone's counter.
    Hallelujah girl! This is exactly why I started carrying a purse, shoulder bag, satchel, or what every you want to call it. I like having all my stuff in one place and since I have started carrying a purse I have not had to ask my wife once where my keys are.

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    How about a small dog?
    Katie I never had you pegged as the Paris Hilton type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Also if you carry a tampon, if you REALLY want to be convincing as a woman, then every so often in front of strangers just say "Oh shoot, I just started my period. But it is not a problem, I have a, (and pull out a tampon and hold it to the sky) TAMPAX to save the day! Yep no spotting in this girls undies!"
    . That is too funny. I think I may slide one in my purse just to see what my wife says.

I carry a smaller purse just so I can't weigh the darn thing down, that kitchen sink is heavy to carry,and also so I don't forget something that isn't supposed to go through security at the airport. My purse always has my wallet, cell phone, keys and spare keys, gum, klenex, lipstick, shadow, blush compact, bronzer, brush, sunglasses, lipbalm, small tube of mosturizer, and an emery board in it. I am sure that if you looked in it now there would also be the obligatory business cards, mints, toothpics, pens and a snack bar of some sort. Now I am going to add in a tampon just for the fun of it!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Crossbody bag with adjustable strap, and lots of zippers and compartments. Doesn't fall off, even on the dancefloor.

Don't forget the LED mini maglite flashlight with emergency flasher. Spare batteries, too.

Let's mine loaded a little differently being a professional driver driver I carry my wallet, Brush, makeup maybe, two knifes and a Brick for protection
    [SIZE="3"]"All I Know is that the choices we make dictate the life's we live, to thy ownself be True." Danny DeVieto Reinassance Man[/SIZE]

Ashley Lynn

This link was removed as we do not allow personal business websites without permission

and that can of mace which is at the bottom, where you have to dig for it,
    How big is this purse ?anyway
    Don't forget the brick in the bottom so you will have something to give it weight when you swing because you can't get to that mace.
    Last edited by Staci G; 02-06-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: My sentences were screwed up as a football bat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Aspiring Member
    You might to carry some sanitary napkins as well, not all women use tampons. You never call tell when someone might need a sanitary napkin.

If you have a brick in your purse you break the passenger window, climb in through the window and open the trunk with that little button in the glove box, then get the hanger and pop the lock on the drivers side ....c'mon and people think I'm blonde.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    keys to something you don't remember, half a stick of gum, .37 in change, a wadded up tissue, the other half of the gum wrapped in the foil but still sticking out enough to gather fuzz, a flash light that doesn't work anymore, an extra pair of pantyhose,now with gum stuck to them,{...} and that can of mace which is at the bottom, where you have to dig for it, so IF you ever are attacked by someone who might be bigger than you are and you are in a neighborhood that you probably should not be in after dark dressed as a woman in 4" stiletto heels that you cannot kick off and run away, which as you pull it out and accidentally press the nozzle will spray you and the two CD's you are with rendering all three of you helpless.
    How big is this purse anyway?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I just read the replies and there's such a wide variety and yet some common things we carry. I do go for some cash, credit card, Driver's lic., keys, insurance card, cell phone, touch up items and my snubby. I don't make it a practice to go to seedy places, but one never knows where and when things can go from great fun to critical in a big hurry. Say what you want but I go to have a great time but this gal ain't goin' to be a helpless victim.

Actually, a spare car key isn't so far fetched. I was at a full service car wash and the idiot who finished cleaning the inside of the car slammed the locked door with the motor running. That's another story. Maybe a clean pair of panties for when that happens or your mother-in-law sees you in the women's restroom and recognizes you. LOL
    Last edited by az_azeel; 02-06-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: merged posts.. please use the edit button
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

This is a really interesting thread because it speaks to both what we carry when en femme and what we carry in drab. I dont go out en femme but I would carry a proper handbag in a heartbeat on a daily basis. I do use a messenger bag on a daily basis at work and it is used as a combined handbag and business bag. I really enjoy keeping all my stuff NOT on my body. In my bag I carry everything - wallet, keys, blackberry, sunglasses, kleenex, lip balm, ipod, notebook etc etc. In the summer and when travelling I have an over the shoulder bag I use that is canvas.

Its not all about being feminine. There is just so much damn stuff that I need and I hate being all lumpy. I have a nice booty even en drab and I dont want a silly lump on my butt.

For you Canajun gals out there. I recently read an article in either the Globe and Mail or National Post that spoke to how Stockwell Day (yes Stockwell Day) carries what he calls a "murse". Google murse and his name. For all the things I dont like about him, I gotta thank him for that....Dee

In my purse

what no leatherman, jack knife, duct tape, miniature can of WD-40......................

Looks like maybe I have a long ways to go...............

Just kidding, been one of those days.....
    And I need help.

But I have carried a uni-purse since forever

I just cleaned my purse out today for the first time. I have my keys, wallet, drivers license, debit card, credit card, cigarettes, lipstick, my cell phone and some gum.
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 02-21-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: read the rules!

cisgender gal
    What's in my purse right now? Wallet (with ID's & $$$), comb, a couple writing implements, vasiline, some candy. Headphones, a flashdrive, an SD Card reader, cell phone, a nail file, and nail clippers.

beside the obvious ( keys, money, ID phone ) basic make-up: eye-shadow, eye-liner, lipstick, foundation, a small brush.A hand-mirror, if you ever need a quick touch-up, you can do it instantly rather than having to spend extended time in the restroom.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Not much at all really apart from keys, money, lipstick, powder, eye shadow & mirror, spare earrings, nail polish remover, manicure set, work Id, credit cards.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity