Thread: Your sooo sure you can pass but !!!

Arrow Your sooo sure you can pass but !!!

Hiya
    Is anyone having the same problem as me ... you have finished your make up ...your hair {wig} looks terrific ... you've found the perfect combination of shoes skirt and top ... you take one {or several} last looks in the full length mirror ...smile {see i do } ... you are verycertain that you are the women you want to be and will pass without out a doubt ..boldly grab your purse and car keys {or truck } eek ... and out the door and off to anywhere ... hmmm maybe the mall ... as u park u then open the door step 1 then 2 of your shoes.out the door ,,mmm hmmm uh ..start walking in your best femme style .. u get a stare or passing glance .. u think omg .. i was noticed as not a female .... quickly iturn round and back in the vehicle and zooooooom ... home again god i think i need a cd friend with me ever sooo bad ..
    well just thought i would share that
    Sherlyn

Smile The Trick Is To Leave Your Self-Consciousness At Home

Hi Sherlynn,

When you are in the mall, do you look at other people? Guys and gals? When you see an attractive woman, does it cross your mind that she might be a man? When you see a not so attractive woman, do you immediately assume she is a man?

The point of my questions is that we all look at other people and other people look at us all the time. Just because they look at you doesn't mean that they are "reading" you. They might just think you are an attractive woman and are looking at how you are dressed and how you carry yourself.

The trick is to not read into other people's glances that they are "reading" you. You have to leave your self-consciousness at home. When you are in the mall dressed as Sherlynn, that is who you are, not Bruno dressed as Sherlynn. If you have the confidence to believe you are Sherlynn, I assure everyone else in the mall will accept you as Sherlynn. Women come in all shapes and sizes. Think about it: how many times have you been in the mall and seen someone you were sure was a crossdresser? I know I haven't seen that many myself, hardly any I even wondered about.

Of course, this is all so much easier to say than do in real life. But I do think that is the trick to "passing." Just believe in yourself as a girl and the rest of the world will not dispute you.
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

oooh!!!!!!! Erica ... maybe a chick but not a HOT one nuh uh .. ty .. : ]
    Jenny you make so much sense and you are so right about confidence. It takes time that would be for sure ..and you are absolutly right about ppl looking at ppl ... hell i m guilty .. next time i have a outing ..your thoughts too me will definately make it easier : ] >>>>this is not Buno {o god bruno nice touch too the male description}.. I am **** Sherlyn ****... : ] TY Jenny i always enjoy your posts .. glad that you read mine : ]
    Sherlyn

HillaryArtemis

Just tilt your head down a little shyly

Actually believing that you are who you are dressed as is everything. Just shyly tilt your head down after all being too bold is not ladylike.

JodiArtemis

Under cover!

Here in Pa, I find that those who CD are actually some of the best and most femme. Not to say there aren't any good looking girls here but they don't seem to care how they look. I guess they just run out the door and say the he!! with it. It is probably for us like putting on a show like an actor or actress. How do we look in drab daily? For me alot of the time who cares I'm that way most of the time.
    If you check everything in the mirror and it looks ok then I say your ready! What a rush it will be! Go get a companion for support the first few times is good.

Danielle

Departed
    Sherlyn,

It's all in you. How others see you depends on how you see yourself. Think of the insecure teenager who looks away when you lock eyes. Think of the underage buyer who is trying to purchase alcohol. The eyes are the window to the soul and people react to you just like you tell them they should.

Be confident but don't attract attention. Walk proudly but not like your shit doesn't stink. Smile kindly and be thoughtful. Most of all don't make a mockery of women. Dress appropriately.

Do this and the world will change before your eyes.

Sherlyn

With those poughty lips I would think HOT is the correct reply. Jenny has it right. A look is a look. Take it for that. You were noticed. It does not matter one hoot what they thought. Just relax and have fun fun fun.
    Just my opinion.
    Huggs
    Summerrr

Marda

Wink "Ears" Lookin' At You Girl !

Hi Sherlyn,

All *Great* replies here so far (don't blow it now Marda)

Once coming home from "across the line", along with a bunch of routine stuff, all declared, I had a box of beer in the trunk I "completely forgot about" ... not exactly an offence punishable by death ... but "cheating is cheating" ...

when I got to Customs, I looked and acted "normal" as I figured I "was" ... blah, blah, blah ... "OK ... Way ya go" ... I got home, opened the trunk to get my stuff and just about "Croaked" when I saw the case of beer ...

I'm sure if I'd been "Trying" to look "normal" ... I'd have been "Read" ... Lucky for me, I *didn't know I wasn't* "normal" :-)

Two things ...

1) What if you wear some good looking *shaded* glasses to *help Others* "See" the *overall you* ... rather than be *attracted to your eyes* which may *dart around a bit* ... Julie M. is quite right about your eyes being the window to your soul ... just wear "tinted windows" in public for a while 'til *you get used to the lights* :-)))

2) Give yourself a break and go to a few less *intensive* places than malls, where especially *teenage Ggirls* go to scope other girls and women ... they're not there just testing their ability to attract guys in a relatively safe and impersonal public environment ... they're *very* busy looking for fashion statements and role models to emmulate ... take some of the heat off yourself :-))

Anyways ... what would I know ... a blind racoon could read me in my raincoat at 3 in the morning :-))

Love / Marda

San Francisco Here I Come

The comments about shades and teenage girls are right on! If you wear sunglasses, you can stare at people without them knowing it, and once you realize that they are NOT staring back at you it will boost your confidence. And teenage girls are notorious for "reading" crossdressers, their radar must be fune tuned.

I have always wanted to go out and about in San Francisco, which has been a mecca for me since Finnochio's (anybody remember it?) But the one time I was there and had the chance, and got dressed and out the door of my hotel room, I could just feel that it wasn't right, and so I beat a hasty retreat to my hotel room. Sometimes, when you chicken out, it may be because you know that you aren't passable. Happens to everyone.

Next week, I am going to be in San Francisco, and I am bound and determined to make up for that lost opportunity. Windy Cissy is going to ride a cable car in a skirt, or she is not coming back to Chicago! Ask Windy