Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any rockers that are closet cd'ers?

Any rockers that are closet cd'ers?

Any one here in a rockband where you crossdress when you perform?

Do you think there are rockstars that are closet crossdressers?

Do you know any rockstars that perform on stage and are crossdressed?

Emmi

I stay in guy mode when I perform, but I have a friend in an all-girl band that will sometimes have guest singers that are boys dressed up to 'fit in'. I doubt they're really closet CDers, though. Even so, I'm sure there are those out there that do it, for sure, though I don't know any CD bands.

I never have dressed while I play in my band ,,,,but sure think of it...they guys would freak lol..... im outta the closet ..but will remain in there as far as my band mates are concerned
    Last edited by Sherlyn; 08-07-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Julie

same here

I'm in guy mode in my band, and enjoy the good ole boy stuff with those guys, so I wouldn't dream of it. If they knew of my occasional alter ego, I'd be out! I'd have to switch to a glam rock band! Actually I did come accross a crossdressing rock band somewhere on the internet!

Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to play in a band... that's what they keep telling me, anyway. But, I do have a rock band fantasy... I want to play lead guitar on Jeff Beck's next album... actually, I'd be satisfied just to take over for Jennifer Batten in Jeff's band... ok, I'd like to BE Jennifer Batten.

I don't know of any closet CD's in any contemporary bands, but there are a couple bands that are openly CD/TG/TS... "Lady" is an all boy band that turned all girl. Rainy told me about them, and I saw them on MSNBC the other day. Another band I've heard about is Lipstick Conspiracy... here's a link...
    http://www.lipstickconspiracy.com/
    (it may be the vodka, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned them in another thread a few days ago)
    Last edited by Sigrid; 08-08-2005 at 12:35 AM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

GypsyKaren
    I don't play in a band, not near good enough, but I'm a long time rocker. I play acoustic and bass guitar, and I think Alice Cooper really rocks.

GypsyKaren

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    Do you know any rockstars that perform on stage and are crossdressed?
    http://www.transcentralstation.tv/home.html

I don't know what you mean by "stars", but they do rock - and are fine and sophisticated musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid
    Another band I've heard about is Lipstick Conspiracy... here's a link... http://www.lipstickconspiracy.com/
    I had the good fortune to hear them jam with friends (including TCS) at a party recently. They are definitely worth going to hear.

Rachel x
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 08-08-2005 at 02:49 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Aspiring Member

Hmmm!

There was a rock band a few years ago where one of the members wore dresses and skirts on stage i know because i saw them on some of the talk shows he was a guy who crossdressed while proforming. can not now recall the bvands name now oh well!. Suzy!.

There was the video to Trashy Women that was performed by Confederate Railroad(not rock but still good)The guys in the band wore dresses and smoked cigars,most had beards also.It was a hoot.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Some Musicians off the top of my head:
    Marilyn Manson, Many Japanese Rock Bands (Malice Mizer, Dir En Grey, etc), Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances, the lead singer of Placebo is transgendered, David Bowie, Madonna plays with gender quite a bit, and there was a boy band turned girl band but I can't remember the name.

I imagine there are plenty of closeted crossdressers in bands who perform regularly. But being "closeted" means not advertising the fact, so locating closeted crossdressers would be quite a task.

Charlie
    Last edited by gender_blender; 08-08-2005 at 11:36 PM.

David Bowie is probably the most famous crossdressing rocker. His "Ziggy Stardust" character around 1972 was definately on the femme side of glam rock.
    Phoebe

insult

Charlie please do not insult a serious subject by mentioning the name of the worlds largest fake clown Marilyn Manson.

The rest is a pretty neat subject so please do not spoil it.

However it's seems those of us with a more gothic style and a rock music background find it easier to come out than others, purley because of the styles, for example I was able to grow my hair long 5 years before i ever came out.

So Charlie please do not be offended but I do have my opinion

x x x x x xx x x x x

Joanna
    I only dream in Black & White, I only dream 'cos I'm Alive. I only dream in Black & White, to save me from myself

Banned Read only
    Hello youngsters,

The one and only,

[SIZE=4]NEW YORK DOLLS ![/SIZE]

Love Angela XX

Banned Read only
    Sorry,
    mistake, you could never accuse the "Dolls" of being in the closet!

Love Angela XX

Yaaaa! New York Dolls!!!!!!!! David Johannsen!!! *I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy*

The drummer in one of my old bands used to dress in drag EVERY Halloween. I think he may have had a tich of CD in him but would only let it out on that night. Some of the getups he wore were AWESOME. And he would seem so delighted when people would come up to feel his "boobies" and comment on his clothing, which always looked great. haha Good times, good times.

Hey, anybody into the harder stuff.......is it true that one of the dudes in Type O Negative is a crossdresser? If so...... that would be to death!!

StephanieCD
    Quote Originally Posted by gender_blender
    Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances
    Really?! I so love his stuff... never seen him live though. Think he's just f-ing around or what?

I used to perform out a lot - never crossdressed on stage... wait, no, once I wore a skirt - but I think I was hallucinating and forgot to change Yep, that's what it was LOL But other than that - I just thought that someday I'd be famous and then I could get away with it. Then I quit. *sigh*

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLotus
    Hey, anybody into the harder stuff.......is it true that one of the dudes in Type O Negative is a crossdresser? If so...... that would be to death!!
    I love Type O, can't confirm that speculation but it would be interesting

Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle often does drag during his performances
    WHAT!!!!

I didn't think it would be possible for me to love Maynard any more than before but......Oh GOD I think I'm having the big one!!!!

*falls over in blissful swoons*

StephanieCD
    Ok - now we've talked about Maynard AND Type-O AND crossdressing... I think I'm - yep - getting chills.

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    Ok - now we've talked about Maynard AND Type-O AND crossdressing... I think I'm - yep - getting chills.
    That's my beer bitch! Give it back! :topic:

The first TG performer that I was familiar with was Jayne (Wayne) County
    http://www.jaynecounty.com/
    I wasn't a big fan of her music, but she predated Bowie, the Dolls, and everyone else that I'm aware of, and she was truly TG and not using it just as a part of her act.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Lisa Jackson is one of the great rockers. Here is a little glimpse into her music and lifestyle.

www.roberturban.com/GGWinterviewLJackson.html

and

www.myhusbandbetty.com?p=4

Emmi

Banned Read only
    Sharon,
    Although I thought Wayne/Jayne Countys' music was rubbish, you could never, ever accuse her of being "in the closet"!

Love Angela XX

...and there was a boy band turned girl band but I can't remember the name.
    You're probably thinking of the band "Lady"... I mentioned them earlier in this thread.

Another name from the past... Boy George. Although he once said "I am not gay and I'm not a transvestite" ... yeah, ok Geo.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanna
    Charlie please do not insult a serious subject by mentioning the name of the worlds largest fake clown Marilyn Manson.

The rest is a pretty neat subject so please do not spoil it.
    Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but I was merely answering a question unaware of the apparent stipulations you present. I define the criteria of this thread to be "rock musicians/band members who crossdress on stage during performances", which he has and therefore bears mentioning. He seemed fairly real when I met him at the Manray club in Boston last year.
    On a side note, is that you in your avatar? Very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLotus
    There is much evidence to support this. Songs entitled "I don't want to be me", "My girlfriend's girlfriend", "Angry Inch" (Hedwig cover), "Baby one more time" (Britney cover), along with the long hair and certain key phrases stated during interviews convinced me that at least one of them is transgendered to some degree, but this hypothesis has yet to be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    Really?! I so love his stuff... never seen him live though. Think he's just f-ing around or what?
    His central themes are "Think for yourself and question authority" and music retains the highest importance. I believe he isn't transgendered, but does it to place more emphasis on his music than the appearance of the band while questioning the "authority" of gender. I've seen Tool live twice and A Perfect Circle once.

Charlie
    Last edited by gender_blender; 08-09-2005 at 12:53 AM.