Thread: Did anyone have a mentor or "big sister"?

Did anyone have a mentor or "big sister"?

It seems to me that when one starts to crossdress the whole experience is rather solitary and scary. You have to sneak around and hide your second wardrobe. You are very afraid of being found out. I was wondering if anyone here had either an older CD or "big sister" type to assist them in the early stages. I often wished I had found someone more experienced to help me during my teenage years when I first started dressing.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Well not in the early years. I was pretty much on my own, but after I started going out and appearing in public I made several friends who helped me in various ways, in everything from teaching me make up to having the confidence to go out on my own. One in particular who helped me out a lot. We did many things together. She helped me start a local Trangendered group and help me buy my first corset and my first pair of silicone breast forms. We even got our ears pierce together.

These days, I don't really need as much assistance and have no problem going out on my own, but I honestly don't know where I would be without the friends I have made.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    There is one younger, very beautiful CD on this forum whom I will keep confidential who has allowed me to be herbig sister or "mentor". Its an arraignment that works for both of us , and she asks and I answer her many question based on my years of experience and age difference.
    She is just a real sweetheart, and i love her dearly as a friend. I have helped her know more bout herself and about CDing and its invlovement in her personal life. I hope I can be there for her for a long time because some of the advice I've given is very well taken.

She's my beautiful mystery gal.

Megan70 l
    Last edited by Megan70; 02-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.

I've been influenced by GG's mainly. I figure they are the masters, after all

Early on, I remember overhearing a GG in a Lesbian bar saying about me "Pearls???" in a withering tone. Believe me, that made an impression!

Also my wife gave me many a "That top doesn't go with the skirt" before things like that finally sunk in.

My oldest friend, a GG I met when I was 11, is also a very honest (and tough!) critic. She'll compliment me when I deserve it, and she has no compuctions critizing me, either.

Recently a GG friend I was chatting with in a straight club chided me for my outfit, saying I looked like a banker: "Girl, you've got to sex it up a bit!".