Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A change in airport security ahead? / There goes the neighborhood

A change in airport security ahead? / There goes the neighborhood

I'm sure we've all heard that terrorist orgs are making increasing use of GGs for suicide bombings. I was sickened to learn recently that their latest tactic may be to implant explosives in the breasts of their misguided GG agents in order to get by security screenings.

I don't mean to make light of such an awful thing, too horrible for words really. It just breaks my heart to think that people can be so awful and abused. Our concerns about traveling en femme pale to insignificance in comparison, but still, I'm wondering if wearing breastforms onto a plane may become a problem because of this new threat, and if perhaps we have an ethical or practical obligation to forego the practice indefinitely so as to not cause concern or disturbance unnecessarily.

Breast Forms

Sherri,
    You are correct, they will be a problem. When this change comes in, we will be required to remove our breast forms along with our shoes and place them on the belt to be screened.

It's really not much of a problem, however, just wear a nursing bra and you can buckle them right back in!

-Meri

Central Ohio

I have nothing to add to this except to say that I've often wondered about it.

If the TSA really was on its toes, why WOULD they allow a GG (or crossdresser) to fly with as many as a few hundreds ounces of some unidentified liquid? I've been waiting for somebody to exploit this 'loop hole'.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Approximately a million and a half women (1.5 million) have had breast implants in the US in the past 30 years. This does not include women who may have had breast implants in foreign countries. If airport security intends to subject women with breast implants to heightened scrutiny it would be a logistical nightmare and would cause severe delays everywhere. Personally speaking, considering the relatively small number of transgendered m2f travelers, I doubt that travelling enfemme would have any serious impact.

I do agree with you that anyone, male or female, who is so misguided by whatever political or religious motive, that they would murder innocent people in order to advance their cause needs to be dealt with. Sadly, though, there is no way to guarantee 100% security anywhere.

Speaking for myself, I would not let it stop me from travelling as my girlself if I chose to do so.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I have dealings with the TSA on a daily basis because of my job. I can't imagine them handling anything discreetly. If I were to travel with my "other" wardrobe I would have to check the bags. Otherwise I just KNOW my bag would be singled out for explosive residue examinations.

Confident as Jen? Yes, but not in the airport environment!

--Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Speaking for myself, I would not let it stop me from travelling as my girlself if I chose to do so.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I suppose what it really comes down to is just how much of a necessity is crossdressing and the related paraphernalia to some people? If they are willing to be searched and exposed I guess it's not much of an issue then.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

New Oldbie
    I'm glad I don't have to fly! I love airplanes but nothing much bigger than a bi-wing and haven't been on a jet powered bus since 76!
    The headlights blinded me!

Personally, I believe it has more to do with freedom of expression and the liberty to be ourselves. Nothing about being TG is illegal, immoral, wrong or bad. Our rights are slowly being eroded by the climate of fear we currently are living in, the sad fact of the matter is that no matter how intensive and intrusive security measures become there is no guarantee of safety.

As far "searched and exposed", I just hope who ever does the cavity search is cute and I at least get a free drink out of it.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I suppose what it really comes down to is just how much of a necessity is crossdressing and the related paraphernalia to some people? If they are willing to be searched and exposed I guess it's not much of an issue then.
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Sherri, I agree it's just dreadful. Have to say, It never occurred to me that I might have any less or more revulsion towards female suicide bombers than the male talibs but was moved by this news item this morning on the BBC world service:

'Bombs and Beatings' life amongst the Taliban

As for airport scanners and the transgendered, I just got my female passport a few months ago and after one delightful trip to France this new level of security has kicked in. Like so many other posters here on the air travel subject, my treatment by staff was entirely sympathetic and courteous, and I don't see this changing much. Their security concerns are elsewhere. I guess it might be different for transgendered folk with Asian ethnicity.

Platinum Member
    a friend of mine has a titanium hip - and carries a card that he provides when he goes through the scanner. I suppose they could do the same thing for implants. Maybe they could create a similar registry for both breast forms - to include women who've had mastectomies and TGs.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Half of nothing

Sheri,

That ain't the half of it. What about those cancer survivors that wear breast forms?

Did you see the post recently where a CD/TG was at airport security and put into a scanning area that could tell the gender of the person and then subjected to intense searching and scrutiny?

Until they quit playing "politically correct' games and start profiling the small percentage of travelers who are the most likely to cause acts of terrorism, then the rest is just a ruse to restrict people and their freedoms, supposedly guaranteed by the founding fathers.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Smile

best bet is do not fly, just drive.

takes a bit longer...sometimes not. and you can see america at see level.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    a friend of mine has a titanium hip - and carries a card that he provides when he goes through the scanner. I suppose they could do the same thing for implants. Maybe they could create a similar registry for both breast forms - to include women who've had mastectomies and TGs.
    That card is worthless, people would show it to us all the time. Come this way for additional screening.

I agree with Brandi, how degrading to pull out your prosthetic in the airport, it would be humiliating to pull that out and flop it into a bin.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    If airport security intends to subject women with breast implants to heightened scrutiny it would be a logistical nightmare and would cause severe delays everywhere.
    I don't think the issue raised would be about internal implants, more with enhancers, forms and things like 'water bras' (remember those?)

Basically, if you think about it a GG can put any liquid in a bag, stick it in her bra and have it, up until now, be basically 'off limits' to search... while having to delcare anything more than a few ounces of shampoo.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

let me get this straight. There is talk of using GG's implanted with and explosive so they will only intend on checking ppl with breast forms? that alone does not make much sense.

if GG's are being used would it not make sense to x-ray all gg's
    as well as forms? i know it would be logistical nightmare to do so.
    but if they used that as an excuse here atleast there could be discrimination problems if they only checked forms.

ok i dont think this is comming out right sorry.
    If they use the excuse that GG's have been implanted with explosive, therefore all breast forms have to be examined that is a crock, especialy if they leave gg's alone..
    i mean if that is a genuine practice (implanting gg's) then everyone should be checked not just cd's with forms:|

Actually, if you do a search for "terrorist breast implant explosives" you''ll find several articles claiming that surgeons in the employ of terrorists are supposedly implanting explosives into women's breasts as well as abdominal areas on men. How accurate these reports are are anybody's guess. So this would not only include inserts, forms and enhancers but also women who have had actual breast implants. As far as I can tell there have been no incidents to date of explosives being found or of any explosions onboard an aircraft using this method of deployment.

Hugs...Joni Mari

I cant tell you to much as to protect my clearance

However the internal explosive would be a tough sell. I needs oxygen to detonate, or a catalyst/chemical reaction to detonate. Both of those would not be easily achieved inside the human body, not to say it cant be done but it would be difficult. Especially considering the toxic shock effect anything like this would have inside the body. You cant sterilize explosive as it would explode during the process or rendered non effective. Most likely the person would be trying to travel ill or running a high fever. The suture or staples would be a problem too.

Virus is still the number one thing we are scared of!
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

A change in airport security ahead?

thayt really is going to be a problem for us

I assumed something was going on when I saw this parody today:
    http://gizmodo.com/5464262/the-tsas-...pset-travelers

Liquids?

I have not flown underdressed (including breastforms) since they brought in restrictions on liquids in carry-on luggage.

With the security staff defining things like peanut butter and thick set yoghurt etc as liquids and confiscating such items, would you now want to risk losing an expensive set of breast forms because some ill-informed job'sworth considered that they are liquid?

Not that I plan to fly any time soon, if I do then Rachael's wardrobe will travel in the hold, apart from the knickers and hold-up stockings that I will be wearing
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Surely we could ask to be taken aside for a private search rather than right there in the security line? Or maybe it might be best to leave the forms in a purse or carry-on bag so we don't have to take them out in front of everyone? Then we could put them back on after we went through security.

Gold Member
    If you fly en femme, you are pretty much wearing clothes.
    Couldn't one forego the breast forms and hip pads? I mean being cramped up in a plane cab is uncomfy enough as it is.

Maybe just gyod I don't know, do people love their forms THAT much?

and for planting explosives in breasts, that is just wrong. I dont know if it happens though... wouldn't a terrorist have specific targets instead of just randomly wanting to take down planes?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

There goes the neighborhood

I saw a news report on msnbc.com website that terrorist are trying to use breast implants as bombs. Now when flying someday in the future, I guess we just have to plop our breast forms on the scanner as well before we board a plane.

So if you had to do something extra to prove the breast forms weren't a bomb would you still go through a screening station?

At this point in my life I think I would still if the breast forms had to be checked for explosives. I also think that I would fly on a plane.

Reason: Most people know that we are crossdressers. So what difference is going to make if TSA makes us stand out as a sore thumb. Many of us already do, but that isn't going to stop me from being me! <PERIOD>
    Michelle

Wow... Guess Hooters could someday be considered an al-qaeda safe house??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos