Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many of you like being a man?

Just Luv being a guy and a girl. I have the best of both worlds with out that monthly PITA.

Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I've grown to love, accept, and appreciate my male side. I also at times like being a guy as it does carry with it a lot of bennifts. Don't get me wrong if had millions of dollars I'd probably go 24/7, but since that scenario is not going to happen I'm content with the way things are.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I enjoy being a guy, for me going MtF has no interest, however if reincarnation were to exist or mankind was finaly able to perform brain transplants then I would definatly take the GG option.

Silver Member
    I'm kind of in the process of figuring out WHY I dress... but I don't mind being a guy... I just wish I was a girl sometimes :-D I do some guy stuff but I think I relate more to being a girl. But I'm not unhappy... sans the depression ;-)

These are all very interesting viewpoints on the question. Thanks for sharing everyone.

It seems like there is a distinction to be made at least between being a man, masculinity, masculine traits and mannerisms, and gender expectations of being a man.

Certainly most things (if not all) a man can do a woman can do just as well. I think the main set of considerations for my answer to this question come from self-reflections as a guy. When I'm just going about my business and doing my thing, whatever it may be, as a regular guy, most times I feel just great - I don't feel like something is 'off' or not right. I imagine that this is different for those of us further from the center on the transgender spectrum. So I suppose it's not that I am explicitly conscious of being happy as a man per se, so much as being totally happy when I am just a guy, not dressed at all.

Lately, however, I must say that I've been thinking about dressing quite a bit ('lately' being the past month). I think it has to do with my recent feelings of stress and worry (finances, job security, etc.). I suppose dressing acts as that nightcap or cigarette that one could use after a stressful day.

Yes, I also do fall in the category of "fetishist CD". So I find no issues of either of my sides, but like both.
    The Feminine Side of Me - Journey into the realm of crossdressing from my point of view.

I think this ones been around a few times before. For me, I like being a guy but also like dressing as a woman even if only in private. I'm home alone for 4 weeks and can dress as often as I like so I make the most of it. Probably once get the chance once a week at most when my wife returns. But hat's ok as my primary role is as a guy. I think the great thing for a lot of crossdressers is we can have the best of both worlds at times. So many guys especially are so hung up on acting out the macho thing that life becomes a struggle for them.

Some great points, especially about the expectations of a man. thank god I'm not expected to be the breadwinner (wife actually makes slightly more than I do), but at the same time I'm expected to fix stuff around the house, maintain the yard, and ironically the household chores (dishes, laundry, garbage, most of the cooking). As much as I like to be smart (so I'm told), sometimes it's nice not having to do anything (or think hard). It's like the other day at work, I've had this crazy hectic schedule for a project, and I finally needed a break from it so I did some mindless woodworking to improve something in my office, I didn't care if I got backlashing (did it during non-work hours).

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I have never really liked being a guy, I have always wanted to be a girl. Now, at last I am transitioning to become one and finally be happy.
    living the dream

"My dysphoria doesn't manifest itself in the physical,
    my dysphoria manifests itself in a store room window".

I'm 70% guy/30% girl.

I never let gender get in the way of my choice of apparel. I love being a man....just wish I could do it in women's clothes every day. Somehow I was never taught gender roles as a child, and I just went in the direction I did. I emcompass the traits of both my parents.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.

I enjoy being a man. Dressing is an important part of my life but not the most important.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

Interesting how this answer changes sometimes, depending on the crowd. I can ask the same question in a different way and most will say they hate being a man. Go figure.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm fairly happy with who I am, including my male body. So yes, I like being a man. I like to do a number of typical male things like: watch sports, program computers, go white water rafting, drink yummy microbrews, etc. I enjoy being a father and a husband. My biggest problem was that growing up as a boy, I was told that I wasn't allowed to like girly things. Also, I wasn't good at some of things I was supposed to be good at: I was never very strong, I had awful hand-eye coordination, etc. But that has nothing to do with "being a man" so much as being a "man in today's western society."

As I've mentioned in posts elsewhere, I recently gotten into ballet, and have realized that physically I have many of the characteristics that they look for in male dancers. So it turns out, the male body I was given was not "substandard" as maybe I once thought, it's just designed for something that our society doesn't encourage in men.

I think I would be quite happy if I could wear whatever I want, whenever I want; engage in any activity no matter how "feminine" it is; and be free to express my emotions when I needed to. I wouldn't need to be female or perceived as female. Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to be physically female, and if I had a magic power to change at will, I probably would use it frequently. But I would always go back to the original me. This is who I am.

Grocery Shopper

I like aspects of both. There are many advantages to being a guy in this culture and I have enjoyed them and taken advantage of the opportunities when they arose. I also like a lot of the male clothing, e.g., sport coats, tux, bomber jacket, bow-ties, etc. I also like skirts and a skirt and sport jacket actually work together pretty well.

I have always enjoyed making love to women as a guy.

There is also part of me that try's to distance me from my guy self, part of me that rejects it. I suspect I am rejecting the more blatant and over the top aspects that men exhibit like extreme competitiveness, arrogance, male "macho" and similar ilk.

I have never liked hanging out in bars and dance clubs, don't go to sporting events of any kind, don't watch sports on TV, don't like cigars or poker. I don't like anything about places like Las Vegas, the whole place just feels wrong to me.

So, I am a mixed bag with respect to guy-stuff.

Same goes for girl-stuff, some of it I like, other parts I don't like.

In the end, I am a grocery shopper, that is, I pick the parts of the culture that I like and adopt them for myself. I largely ignore or avoid the aspects I don't like. I don't feel the need to "fit in" with the culturally approved path of male or female. I am plowing my own track in the snow.
    -Meri

Central Ohio

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    i don't mind being a man but being a girl is more exciting having said that,if i was a girl then dressing wouldn't give me that excitement so who knows lol

Quote Originally Posted by joannemarie barker View Post
    i don't mind being a man but being a girl is more exciting having said that,if i was a girl then dressing wouldn't give me that excitement so who knows lol
    Yes! If I were a girl then I'd miss the fun of being a crossdresser
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Right now

At this moment I love the fact that I'm dressed and as girly as I can get. Later today I'll change back to male, then get together with my buddies to drink a few beers and go to an NBA game.

I used to compartmentalize it totally and that made it so much more difficult to appreciate either my male nature or my desires to share some of the rich feminine experience that crossdressing allows me to sample. I'm not interested in transitioning and although I thought about it shortly once or twice, I will attempt to integrate the two and be happy where and how I am in the moment. Zen fem I guess.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I love being a husband, father and brother. However I also like being Joanne. When I'm Joanne I'm completely Joanne, no part way. I don't know why but I love being a woman too. I'd like to be a bit more feminine and I hate my male patterned baldness, hairy body and giant hands-those things I'd change if I could, but I'd still want to me male. I'd judt like to female at other times.
    Joanne

I have to say it's taken quite a few years to get to this point.

I am usually just happy to be me.

Dressed male/female/whatever, being masculine/feminine (these don't always go with what I'm wearing ) doing whatever.

I just try to have fun.
    Just me being me

Dressing is a fun thing for me. Would I like to be a woman? I think not. There are too many bad things that happen to women. They often happen when women get careless and find themselves trapped in a bad situation. From what I have read they are often victimized by people they know and trust.

Vieja

Being a guy

While it is true that I love the clothes, love the way I feel when dressed, and enjoy getting out as a woman, I am happy to be a guy. I have a wive that I enjoy being with as a husband, and kids that I enjoy being father.
    So yes I am a guy. I guy that loves being a part time woman.
    Hugs Phyliss

I don't particularly like being a man.

Karen Sue

Platinum Member

It's Really True

Hi Jill

Yes it's really true
    ((you can have your cake and eat it too))
    I have the best of both worlds Mr. Drab and Miss Orchid

Orchid

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I remember looking at the evening sky as a teenager.
    "Starlight starbright first star I see tonight
    I wish I may I mwish I might have the wish I wish tonight.......
    I want to be a girl"

I still feel the same way.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Since childhood I have dreamed of being a woman as an adult.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud