Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posing

Untitled

Posing

Why do CDers choose to use the classic "sexual connotation" pose when taking photos.

What is wrong with the simple everyday poses we all do, you know around the coffee table, lounging on the sofa, what is it with the legs bent a funny angle and the boobs being thrust out so they are seen an hour before the person?

Just curious
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I don't pose like that, but I don't think that answers the question.

Nigella,

I think it comes back to the fact that our minds image does not always reflect what the camera sees. i am sure the girls feel the pose is enticing. [ sometimes the camera agrees]...most times it does not... after several hundreds of these types of pics, as time goes on, and they try to venture out in public, they find a more realistic presentation does wonders. and so the picture poses change also.

it is all part of the evolution
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittykitty View Post
    This is quite similar to a thread you explored already.
    The similar thread you refer to was in relation to states of undress. This one is about posing.

Two different subject matters, unless of course someone is posing in the manner described in my question, whilst in a state of undress.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykitty
    Obviously something deeply disturbs you regarding these photos.
    Sorry I forgot to leave my cheque for your professional services as a psychiatrist. I didn't realise I was disturbed.

Perhaps calling the specific people to task by PM might be better,
    Sorry but did I refer to any particular person , I believe that the question is posed as being curious and is generalised.

or simply asking them respectfully.
    I don't think there is anything disrespectfull about the post , care to elaborate?

[SIZE="4"]OOPS[/SIZE] now I know what the problem is, my current location!!
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I asked a member that only yesterday, why they were bent over, because to me it makes no sense?

Some of the poses I've seen, well in all honesty, do you really know how silly you actually look? I mean I've seen some really daft poses and it's hard to even make a comment without it coming across as rude. I often think to myself, why would we want to look at you all bent over or all over the bed like that... would you show it your mother? if not, why do you think we all want to see it?? And before you slap me, these are my own personal thoughts as a member!!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 02-06-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I know the photos you are talking about. Could it be the sterotypical photo of an attractive female that got stuck in the back of our minds is one from Playboy or a starlet or model vamping for the camera?

However, I think there is a very large contingent of our people here who are attempting to be more realistic in their photos. But even then, we are attempting to hide the "guy" by accentuating the "girl" and that will create some odd angles and poses. And I believe there is a commonly held belief that what we do here is, or can be, fun. If you ask, the people who you are thinking about seem to be having a really good time, even if it looks a little odd to some.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Why do CDers choose to use the classic "sexual connotation" pose when taking photos.

What is wrong with the simple everyday poses we all do, you know around the coffee table, lounging on the sofa, what is it with the legs bent a funny angle and the boobs being thrust out so they are seen an hour before the person?

Just curious
    I think the answer is fairly obvious. Because to some, the act of crossdressing itself has sexual connotations. There are those that only do it (or at least primarily) for the sexual kick of it. And well...not everyone is highly adept at the art of feminine visual sensuality.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyJo View Post
    I think the answer is fairly obvious. Because to some, the act of crossdressing itself has sexual connotations. There are those that only do it (or at least primarily) for the sexual kick of it.

I agree. For those that get a big sexual rush from dressing, then that shows in the pictures, I think.

My pics are boring, just standing there, trying to look pretty! I'd be too embarrassed to attempt to be sexy....I know a lot of GG's who wouldn't post "naughty" pics of themselves online, maybe send one in a text message to their boyfriends, but other than that it seems like it takes a very confident person to post a revealing picture, IMO.

Well, since I don't have much in the boobs department, thrusting out my chest doesn't do much. And it leave me was SUCH a backache.

I have seen lots of comments about setting feet, not standing by a door, etc. I have enough to worry about to ensure my makeup and hair are ok and that I'm wearing clothes that don't make me look like I'm in kindergarten.

But having said that, I realize that people take pictures for different reasons. I try to view a picture without making judgments (including any envy over shoes). Fortunately pictures are usually of low resolution so I'm not envious about the makeup (and I'm clueless about Photoshop).

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda666 View Post
    I agree. For those that get a big sexual rush from dressing, then that shows in the pictures, I think.

My pics are boring, just standing there, trying to look pretty! I'd be too embarrassed to attempt to be sexy.... , IMO.

Amanda, you do a wonderful job of looking pretty! I agree with you... i'd be way too embarrassed to try to look sexy....ok ok ok...maybe 25 yrs ago...but then i didn't know niki yet.

hugs amanda

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I have often wondered the same thing. I often see mutliple photos of some where the "unusual" pose is nearly the same as previous photos. Another thing that I have noticed is that many pose in what I would consider "exagerated masculine poses", not feminine poses. I would guess that these unusual poses have something to do with how the people feel about themselves. It would be interesting to know the "Why".
    Hugs, Carole

I am the photographer in our home. I tell my husband where to stand ,sit. Those are the pix she would share. I then give her free time [ do whatever you want] Those pix are never ment for anyone but her and I. [ such as kissy lips photos] They are just too silly!

Presh GG
    I laugh at the pigeon-toe look. Women don't stand like that.
    Last edited by Presh GG; 02-06-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added thought

I understand your point, Nigella.

I don't get some of those poses, either. Which coupled with fishnet stockings, microskirts, unrealistic breast sizes, and what not, tend to produce a female pastiche that barely resembles women.

Carole posted an interesting comment also. Sometimes, the poses are way too masculine. I see frowns, shoulders hunched, etc. This reminds me of my first pics, your typical "boy in a dress" look. It was only with time that I was able to develop a more feminine stance, and I'm still working on it!

Guess people are trying to find their balance. Not everybody has the time or resources to work on their CDing as much as they would like to. So, if practice makes perfect, and they don't practice...

Oh well, in the end we all share a similar goal, which is to feel feminine and liberate the girl inside. That's all that matters. It's beautiful to see a world of plurality! (at least I like to think so).

[SIZE=4]I certainly see your point and have to agree with most of the posters. There is just something male in most of the posters that makes them think that their pose is attractive. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I can't pose that way because I feel it is too demeaning to most women, and I worship the feminine and do not intend to ever put any woman down or degrade her.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Oh yeah, Those short-short skirts and fishnets are so unrealistic! Thats a fast way to get "read" if worn in public.
    Or maybe the picture is from 1969?

Presh GG

Hmmmm

Although I don't understand why the poses are done like that, I do have a thought that maybe, it is because to the "poser" the sexy look makes them feel sexy.?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post

Just curious
    For many, the "classic 'sexual connotation'" stems from what KimberlyJo astutely pointed out: that dressing for some tends to be tied with sexual arousal or some sort of sexual fetishism. Also, dressing makes us all feel feminine, and perhaps for some, they only see some of those poses (legs bent, etc.) being done by women on certain magazines, etc. and, as a result, they feel more feminine doing poses that they would never do en drab.

Also, perhaps there is no implication from such poses that there is anything wrong with the ordinary poses.

I understand that the intention behind this question and the points raised by others who 'agree' are meant to be benevolent and motivated purely by curiosity.

I think Tamarav brings up an excellent concern, which I confess I myself ought to think about more.

Uhhhhh because when we dress sexy, we feel sexy, so we take sexy pics. When we feel pretty, we take pretty pics. When we fel cute we take cute pics. DUHHH

As a wannabe glamour photographer, I'm probably guilty of provacative posing. Especially with my leather outfit, but I feel that one calls for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    I laugh at the pigeon-toe look. Women don't stand like that.
    See attached photos. But fashion photography doesn't mimic real life. I've seen some bizarre positions recently at the high end clothing sites.

I kind of like seeing a woman in heels with a slight pigeon toe stance but I don't do it myself. I read in "Miss Vera's Finishing School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls," that the pigeon toe stance was one habit that she often had to break her students of when they posed for the camera.
    Last edited by Joanie_Shakti; 02-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.

I blame it on Madonna myself Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Amanda View Post

My pics are boring, just standing there, trying to look pretty! I'd be too embarrassed to attempt to be sexy....I know a lot of GG's who wouldn't post "naughty" pics of themselves online, maybe send one in a text message to their boyfriends, but other than that it seems like it takes a very confident person to post a revealing picture, IMO.
    Amanda I think you are right on the money with this one. When I first starting dressing for real I was all over the sexy outfits and poses. Then I realized how silly that was for me and that it really didn't reflect who I am. Some folks get a rush out of being sexy. Sexy isn't for me. I am satisfied if I can reach the cute level. Don't expect to see any crazy pics of me when I run for Senate
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    I would guess it's all about suggestion, these poses portray a skewed masculine view of feminimity, and whilst perhaps not acceptable to the accomplished CDer who has mastered makeup, the outdoors and actually sharing their secret, I think they may help those of us who aren't as quite "up to speed", with being a MAN in a dress.

Silver Member
    I think it's simply a growing up thing. As you grow up and experience things you will discover what works for you and what doesn't.

I raised two daughters. You should have seen some of the ridiculous poses they tried out as they learned and experimented.

It's perfectly normal to look silly as you first start out. The more pics you see of yourself, and the more pics of you others critique, the more you learn about which poses work and which do not.

I wouldn't read too much into the silly poses. Most CDers have very little experience being women.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Something about the camera eye glaring at me ..I just have to do something beside just standing there..and there's the just having fun factor..but that type of pic for me is when I'm home just feeling like a photoshoot ..when I'm out with Di doing things we just take pics no plan about them just a natural stance ...so you see Nigella.. there are 2 types of picture taking that sum up.. my photo's

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn View Post
    Something about the camera eye glaring at me ..I just have to do something beside just standing there..and there's the just having fun factor..but that type of pic for me is when I'm home just feeling like a photoshoot ..when I'm out with Di doing things we just take pics no plan about them just a natural stance ...so you see Nigella.. there are 2 types of picture taking that sum up.. my photo's
    I agree Sherlyn. When taking pics that you really want to have fun with, sometimes, sexy, seductive poses, even if a little awkward, can be very suggestive. As an amateur photographer myself, when I'm shooting, I don't always want my model to use an everyday pose. So, for example, we do alot of the pinup model type poses, which certainly are NOT an everyday pose a gg would do. Also, when I'm posing myself, it's a way of hiding my male pose. To me, it helps bring Miranda out to a greater extent.