Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Posing

For some it makes them feel more feminine. For others it is a pose more than a normal picture. Most women when you ask them to smile for the camera, they try to make it slightly sexy.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I think it's simply a growing up thing. As you grow up and experience things you will discover what works for you and what doesn't.

I raised two daughters. You should have seen some of the ridiculous poses they tried out as they learned and experimented.

It's perfectly normal to look silly as you first start out. The more pics you see of yourself, and the more pics of you others critique, the more you learn about which poses work and which do not.

I wouldn't read too much into the silly poses. Most CDers have very little experience being women.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    My take on it as well. Being in my case I have no experience in being a woman so I'm on a bit of a learning curve in the picture area.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Ii tried posing sexy once and it got a good laugh out of me. I usually pose as natural as I can or as nicely as I can. I don't do sexy very well.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I think because we are just posing and having fun. We are sexual beings and its just a form of expressing some of it

I agree with Stephanie S. As many who post pics regularly state, it takes lots of pics to get just a very few that are acceptable to them, let alone for us others. Practice makes more better and I need a lot of that because I am far from perfection as of now. Plus, I think that like using makeup, during the day it is normally understated and at night it is overstated so that it can be seen and appreciated in poorly lighted places. While taking pics, some people want to emphasize what they think is good for a pose, and end up over emphasizing it. Whatever way they come, I enjoy the pics and appreciate those that take the time and effort to share them with us. So people, keep those controversial pics coming!

this smacks of the "Why don't you dress appropriately?" or "dress your age" posts. Blend in, don't look sexy, don't show anything, look like a "real" woman. Why do some people seem to be the police for others here. If you don't like how someone poses don't freakin' look at the pictures!

Most professional pictures will put the subject in an attractive pose. One that gets attention, otherwise it is a snap shot. When someone poses they want to show how pretty, or cute thy are. It is very hard to get a good pose when you are either setting a timer or using a reflection. I have many pictures and I have been lucky to have other eyes on many of them but holding the pose for long period of time and slight adjustments to make it more sexy or feminine gets tiring.

This (dressing up) should be fun. It should be fun for the dresser. What ever makes it fun for them is what they should do (see about 800 threads on this site saying do it for YOU). If we all looked like VS models or even Sears catalog models I could see why when someone posts something that just doesn't look right or is overtly stereotypic, people would have a complaint, but we don't. We are enjoying being something we don't get to be all the time. And until we start showing genitals or sexual acts, lets just have some fun. IF you want to pse like the pictures taken with a wet plate camera, go for it. If you want to look like Madonna, go for it. Why is one more correct than the other? The only person the photo has to please is the subject.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    this smacks of the "Why don't you dress appropriately?" or "dress your age" posts. Blend in, don't look sexy, don't show anything, look like a "real" woman. Why do some people seem to be the police for others here. If you don't like how someone poses don't freakin' look at the pictures!
    here just need to get my self back in uniform

You has got the wrong end of the stick here girl, I don't recall slighting anyone for how they pose, as you can see by a reaffermation of my post. I wonder who has put out your fire with ur*ne.

Quote Originally Posted by nigella
    Why do CDers choose to use the classic "sexual connotation" pose when taking photos.

What is wrong with the simple everyday poses we all do, you know around the coffee table, lounging on the sofa, what is it with the legs bent a funny angle and the boobs being thrust out so they are seen an hour before the person?

Just curious

The only person the photo has to please is the subject.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

[QUOTE=Lorileah;2034321]this smacks of the "Why don't you dress appropriately?" or "dress your age" posts. Blend in, don't look sexy, don't show anything, look like a "real" woman. Why do some people seem to be the police for others here. If you don't like how someone poses don't freakin' look at the pictures!

[ /QUOTE]

Lorileah, I agree. I think that we sometimes forget that this is a Crossdresser's forum..[not just TS or TG but all of the above]

we all dress for different reasons, and should not judge others motives or style. I also read that many TG girls also go through this phase of growing up...since they have been male for so long they need to progress being a girl before being a woman...[something like that] there are many dynamics going on here. if you don't like the pose...don't comment, click on to the next one.

i still think this question was asked in good faith as to why we do what we do....i hope we can keep the venom out of the conversations.
    Last edited by msniki48; 02-07-2010 at 08:05 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Why do CDers choose to use the classic "sexual connotation" pose when taking photos.

What is wrong with the simple everyday poses we all do, you know around the coffee table, lounging on the sofa, what is it with the legs bent a funny angle and the boobs being thrust out so they are seen an hour before the person?

Just curious
    A lot of CDs get a thrill from and enjoy the sexual aspects of dressing. Perhaps those types of pics reflect that. There is a huge spectrum of CDs out there...sometimes we can't wrap our brain around what those girls that are not on our wavelenght are up to!

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    You has got the wrong end of the stick here girl, I don't recall slighting anyone for how they pose,...
    Here let me show you where the slight can be inferred:

Just curious
    You seem to say that the "simple everyday poses" are in some way better or more appropriate than the "sexual connotation" poses.

The thing is, we're all entitled to our own opinions and preferences. I've seen lots and lots of pictures on here and sometimes I say "Oh wow" and sometimes I think "Aw girl, hell no" but, you know, if it's not my taste, I just move along Unless of course, they specifically ask for constructive criticism.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

GypsyKaren
    Nigella isn't seeming to say anything, let's not make something out of nothing.

Karen

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Thank you, Lorileah, thank you, Kimberly Jo.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Great question! I've often wondered as well.

If I may venture a guess, there've been two major types of GG poses in the media. Fashion photography which obviously is aimed at selling clothes to other GGs, where the poses are attractive without having an overly sexual nuance to them. And then there are the GG pics meant to excite men .. Playboy, Sports Illustrated, any ads aimed at selling products to men such as cars, boats, etc. These models, their poses, and the clothes they wear (or no clothes ) are designed to pander to male sexual fantasies. Of course even women are aware of what turns men on, so some lingerie and such ads take on the seductive look to entice the women who do want to be seductive to buy these clothes. Further, a woman who wants to get a guy might pose pics of herself, such as you describe, on social sites, etc. Or at least as sexy as she feels comfortable being.

So from my GG POV, if I were to post such pics it would be as a mating call and I've always assumed without giving it much thought that the CDs posting similar pics had similar motives ... to attract men or other CDs. But upon reflection, some of the CDs who do this are perhaps responding to their own definitions of the ideal woman based on their male fantasies rather than in trying to attract sexual partners?

But then as with anything, the motives will depend on the individual and it will be difficult to reach a general consensus.
    Last edited by ReineD; 02-08-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarity
    Reine

Guess I shouldn't be using my Victoria Secret's catalogue as a template?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

<DeNiro as travis bickle voice>You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?</DeNiro as travis bickle>

I AM the Fashion Police. :-) Actually, I sometimes forget we aren't all in the "same game" here which is why I sometimes write the things I do.

I think some of the "hunched" poses happen because some are tall and are trying to fit themselves in the camera and don't have a tripod and/or tilt their camera 90 degrees.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Maybe Nigella is refering to photos that were not accepted for print?

And Karren, you always look amazeing.

Presh GG

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Amanda I think you are right on the money with this one. When I first starting dressing for real I was all over the sexy outfits and poses. Then I realized how silly that was for me and that it really didn't reflect who I am. Some folks get a rush out of being sexy. Sexy isn't for me. I am satisfied if I can reach the cute level. Don't expect to see any crazy pics of me when I run for Senate
    I'm with Suzanne. Sexy certainly isn't for me. For one, that's just not me. The other reason is, who in the heck am I trying to be sexy for?! It's certainly not my wife - she doesn't lean that way. People here? Nope. Guys? Heck no!

In my pictures, I just pose like I believe a classy young woman would pose - confident and happy in her femininity.

Kathi

Being a crossdresser with a digital camera and a computer I have thousands of photos of me dressed in all kinds of poses. But in the pics that I choose to share with others I tend to avoid sexpot poses mainly because I really can't pull it off and I end up looking rediculous. I have my hands full trying to look somewhat feminine let alone sexy.
    On the other hand there are some crossdressers that are so beautiful and convincing that they can look good in any pose they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lol.
    Reine

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Simples ......

You know why some of us pose in particular ways .......

because we want to .

we strive for perfection tall sam's Avatar
    In and around the UK - no commiting here!
    Nigella

I know what you mean but sometimes you dont notice yourself as posing strangely when taking photo's. There is also limited time before pushing the self-timer button and getting a decent pose!

I have just posted a number of photo's and am happy to be the guinnepig for comments - yes, I dont mind criticism or suggestings. I took quite a few pics with different poses so as the comments come I can post these and get feedback.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'd swear that same thought crossed my mind! LOL

There are a lot of people and photos out on the web that would give the muggles the impression that all cross dressing or being TG is about, is sex. Personally this irritates the hell out of me, but there isn't much you can do about it.
    Now having said that, I think that we aren't real likely to find a lot of normal and run of the mill pics and poses out there because, lets face it, we are taking pics of ourselves.Very few of us are out there in real life and surrounded by friends with cameras so much that we are likely to get a lot of candid photos taken by others.

Maybe it is some sort of unconscious "perception" that equates self-image with the expectation to appear "sexy".

Some of it may be the unconscious inability to resist that old childhood urge to flaunt the brief role of being the center attraction. You know, like when we were toddlers at the pool. Diaper falling off triggers that immediate urge to become a scrambling "streaker" to attract attention! lol

I guess there is a reason most of us are not professional models, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't have a lot of natural curves. I pose to try and create an illusion of curves. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.