Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing: Is it a ‘fountain of youth’?

Dressing: Is it a ‘fountain of youth’?

A question for you CD’ers. How many years in appearance do you think you lose by dressing as a woman? Do you actually feel younger when you are en femme? To me, most CD’s definitely look much younger than the age posted on profiles pages.

I’m not very good at estimating ages but it is almost impossible for me to guess correctly when you are dressed and all made–up. I am often very surprised when I read the actual age.

I know it is partly because of make-up covering weathered skin and wrinkles, wigs instead of no hair or gray hair, etc. But beyond the make-up, there is generally a more youthful countenance. Do you even realize how much younger you look? Do you see it in others?
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Hiya Paige! I agree with you. Maybe the fact that many of us take better care of our skin and are generally better groomed than the "average" dude come into play?

I'm 30, not sure how old I look, but I feel like I'm 21!!!
    I'm gone!

[SIZE=4]I routinely think (and there is where I may be wrong or have my head in th epink fog) that my crossdressing takes at least 20 years off my looks. I am 61 and none of my co-workers evey put me past 40. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I do know how we ladies tend to pump up each other and supprot as much as possible, but I think they are being pretty straightforward with me. Besides, hair stylists typically don't hold back on their remarks.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So to answer the question, yes, I believe both crossdressing activity and the interest in appearing as "sparky" as possible will keep any person looking younger.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    i agree many of the girls here look so much younger than their true age paige.
    and amanda you definitely don't look 30 and wow tamara no way do you look 61 easily 40s

I believe I appear to be younger also, but I think everyone but me would be a better judge...........I'd really like to hear from others on how old they think I look...
    [SIGPIC]

Paige,
    i am confused at this point as to what i look like...i'd venture to say, that if i wore a gray wig...[like my hair] and got a bit closer to the camera.....well..... uhh i think you would brake your monitors.....lol and you'd all go HOLY SH*****T!!!!

yes there are ways of diguising....

we do the best we can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I think it lifts the soul and that is reflected in your appearance

(..but yeah it's the wig and makeup really )

The makeup/wig definitely helps me at least.
    I'm going to upload a pic I took shortly after my 30th birthday to my album, where I think I look anything but 30 (but the hardest person to judge is yourself I think)

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I have to agree with Amanda, I think it may have to do, at least in large part, with the fact that we try to take a little better care of things like our skin and weight and general appearance than most average guys do over all. Speaking for myself, I'm <mumble mumble> years old, I mean I'm <cough cough>, oh hell, I'm 62 (it's in my profile anyway) but am usually guessed at about 20 years younger even in guymode and makeup certainly helps especially in dim light. So yeah, I think makeup is a sort of fountain of youth, like magic in a bottle.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I'm with Amanda on this too. I use wrinkle cream and generally moisturize; diet and exercise; style and use hair prodct for shine; dress sharper than most in drab etc. I also use concealer when necessary which also helps with a more youthful look (esp on Monday mornings)...Dee

Gold Member
    For me, I think I do look much younger when dressed, tho I don't show my age anyway. But getting dressed makes me feel younger, which, in turn, makes me look younger. My facial features tend to soften, maybe because I'm more relaxed. I'm often taken for 20 years younger than I actually am. What an ego booster!!!! Also, as others have mentioned, because I want to look good in everything I wear, I'm more diligent and disciplined about my diet, personal care, and workout program.
    Last edited by Miranda09; 02-06-2010 at 06:03 PM.

I believe the fountain of youth piece comes along when we gain the freedom to truly be ourselves, clothes notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm lucky. In guy mode and clean shaven I can be confused for a late 20 something even though I am 34. When I first started working at a high school 4 years ago, a lunch lady thought I was a student. I should have said yes since the kids pay less for lunches then staff.

When dressed, I like to think that I am in my mid 20's. You tell me.

It is amazing! I always think and feel that I'm at least 30 years younger then I really am. However, when dressed, people tell me that I really look 20-25 years younger. I can look and feel the part. Must add to that for another reason to dress!
    Charlie

That's a good question Paige. Normally people think I look young. While dressed, I'm not sure what people think. (I'll be 40 in a few years).

Many of you I have to say have quaffed a glass of water from the Fountain of Youth! (Tamara - I think you've probably had a few gallons because you look not 20 but 30 years younger!)

interesting observations...

I'm going to be 54 this year, but guy mode I don't look it...most people guess 40s... in girl mode I find myself wearing more "age appropriate clothing" than I used to when I CD'd in my 20s and 30s. I drink infrequently, don't smoke and generally eat healthy. I could stand to lose a few pounds though...
    Plus, I moisturize, and generally take better care of my skin than most guys I know...

I think that all helps!

I feel about ten years younger when I'm dressed. I don't know if I appear that young to others but it sure is a happy feeling.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

OK Paige!

Now I'm upset.... am I the only old fart in the Forum....?????

i had better get to moisturizing NOW!!!!

I'll start tomorrow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I think it's important to ACT your age, Paige!

And, looking it is not a bad idea either!

The question is;
    Which age SHOULD I reflect? Robert's cronological one of 60 Or Sherry's age, of about 13?

Tis a puzzlement!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I knew there was a goood reason!

Aside from my true feelings, and the love of just feeling pretty (ok so I try read hard!) I guess I love to dress to feel younger. I sometimes feel like I'm 20 again (ok, so thats pushing it... just a little)

Melissa Ann

It's all in the makeup and presentation of the clothes you wear. I wear clothing 20 yrs younger than I am and end up looking 3 yrs younger.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Grooming

My grooming habits are a lot better than most of my friends, ie. I keep all my nose, ear, and eyebrows trimmed, while most of the guys I know have the caterpillar eyebrows and thier nose hairs blend with the mustache but I really shouldn't knock them I guess they just need some fem training. BTW Paige, I think you are one awesome lady. oh and I am 51 (for 14 more days)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Not for me Paige I look the same age or sometimes older when dressed than my real age 40

Another Great Question.......

By the beautiful Paige! I would say it's about a ten year "differential" for me Paige. I look younger, feel younger, and act younger when I'm not in "guy mode". I can't really make any observationis about others, as the gals that I know and have met, I only see when dressed!
    I would agree that the makeup and wigs have a lot to do with it though! Gotta love that fountain of youth!

Hugs,

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I'm just a 52 year old lady. They don't make enough makeup to make me look any younger. But that's OK, there are worse things ro be.

Jasmine