Thread: Apparently I'm the Good Son

Apparently I'm the Good Son

My mom told my brother and all my family at a family dinner that she refers to me in her workplace as the "good son". The comment was made in jest, and neither my brother nor I really took offense to it, now we joke about it very often. He knows about me.

A LITTLE HISTORY

I have a twin brother, we grew up together do a lot of things together and be brothers. However, unsuspectedly, when we were 15, he was caught doing "cyber" activities in an aol chat room (gosh that was forever ago). Well, the person he was chatting with was named something like hotpantsboy18 or something stupid like that (it wasn't exactly that, just like that). Shortly after that, he came out of the closet at a homosexual and it was practically hell on earth for me. My mother and my brother were constantly battling each other and my mother just could NOT ACCEPT it whatsoever. I played mediator between them for a very long time. This whole thing lasted about two years.

Well anyways, this gave me some very helpful insight to whether I would ever come out to my mother, because now I caught a glimpse as to how she would react. I now know that I can never tell her that I'm trans, because she'd probably flip. At least I can't tell her until I'm financially stable on my own.

I do find it quite amusing that I'm the good son, even though if she knew about my secret identity, it would probably be quite the reversal of her original statement.

I just wanted to share that musing with you all
    Last edited by aggi123; 02-07-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    removed

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    So does being TG make you the good "daughter", too, Aggi?<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

New Oldbie
    I know I wanted to be out on my own as soon as possible to get away from the iron grip of my parents! Now I'm wanting the last of my kids gone so I can live like I want! My kids know I'm a CD but they still have that look in their eyes whenever they see me and I'm tired of that crap. The youngest is 21 and has one more year in college and then I'll put some pressure on her to get her life in gear.
    The headlights blinded me!

All those troubles for just a piece of clothes. Bah... That's unfair. Women can dress as men and we can't dress the way we want.

Anyway not all CD are homosexual. But i guess people-not-in-the-know put everyone in the same bag with the eternal-stupid (sorry no offense)-christian/jewish/muslim/society/whatever-damnation upon it.

Sure your position is not easy. I think it's sadly pointless to do the mediator between your mother and your brother and sure you should not do your coming out if you want peace and calm. Anyway your sexual preferences and cloth preferences are YOURS, not your mother. I mean it's your brother's life and it's your life. You're all grown-up adults.

Courage!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ludwyna View Post
    All those troubles for just a piece of clothes. Bah... That's unfair. Women can dress as men and we can't dress the way we want.

Anyway not all CD are homosexual. But i guess people-not-in-the-know put everyone in the same bag with the eternal-stupid (sorry no offense)-christian/jewish/muslim/society/whatever-damnation upon it.

Sure your position is not easy. I think it's sadly pointless to do the mediator between your mother and your brother and sure you should not do your coming out if you want peace and calm. Anyway your sexual preferences and cloth preferences are YOURS, not your mother. I mean it's your brother's life and it's your life. You're all grown-up adults.

Courage!

Oh i'm not complaining, just giving a bit of history as to why i'm the good son =P

I played mediator because I love my family and hated to see them fighting.
    removed

Don't speak too soon Aggi. Make sure you have fun, but drop your family gently
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

New Oldbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ludwyna View Post

Courage!
    I got a posting deleted for bringing that first paragraph up....but it makes a very true point and so does the rest of your post! I put up with a neighbor for years that thought I was running a business from my home. He was always pointing a camera at me. Why can't people just go fly a kite!?
    The headlights blinded me!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by aggi123
    My mom told my brother and all my family at a family dinner that she refers to me in her workplace as the "good son".
    [SIZE="2"]I’m the only son, so I’m good and bad...

You know he'll take you
    But not too far
    Always first in line
    But second to none
    The good son

He loves a good tune so whistle one he knows
    He looks to you to see things right

So take this ring and pass it on
    There's always stories riddled with lies
    You know the questions are best put aside
    Listen to him
    Listen closely now here he comes

It's a shameful way to behave
    It'll hurt if he gets his own way

And though he's nothing in particular
    But he's game for a fight
    He muscles his way in and stays for life

And all the world has come undone
    And every family should have one
    A good son

(excerpts from “The Good Son” by David Sylvian)[/SIZE]

I totally understand what your going through... Our son came out of the closet a few years ago and my wife was totally upset.. But she has (we have) grown to accept it... Yet my wife will not accept my crossdressing? Go figure. He's the good son.. I'm the evil husband! Sigh.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

In the movie "The Good Son", The good son was evil. You should consider becoming the good daughter soon.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

My brother is the good son, he does everything for his mother. I think he is just a suck up personally. My other brother is the bad son. not that he is bad or anything, he just gets in more trouble like totaling cars and stuff. Me, I get to be the logical one. Since I told my mother about Lori, I may very well be the good/bad daughter.

"Mom always liked you best!" Tommy Smothers
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    "Mom always liked you best!" Tommy Smothers
    Even when the parakeet flew in the soup? And mom made you eat it!! Did it taste like cream of esparakeet soup....
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-08-2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos