Thread: Poking my Head in the Door

Poking my Head in the Door

Due to computer issues, sundry life issues and work, I have not been here in... ohhhhh... far too long. So I thought I'd swing by and see what has been happening. I've only made a cursory glance (will read with flourish shortly), but...

Have noted that Ze has a frightening new icon.

Am wondering if Thornton finally has his packer.

Or has Nico begun a sideline business in prick production for all those in need.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I finally received my own binder (had previously borrowed) and am quite pleased with it -- a Mango. Although it took FOREVER.

I'm still somewhat disillusioned at finding trousers that fit well.

And the quest for various and sundry continues.

However, I'm pleased to be here and will now dive in to catch up and ask a question in the appropriate thread that I have.

Cheers! Hope everyone is keeping well.
    Elric

[SIZE="1"]"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field."
    -- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

Hey Elric! Welcome back!

No...Thorny still does not have an STP
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

And, yes, Ze's new icon is frightening. ()

Like I've said twice elsewhere, I'm glad you're back, Elric.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Hey Elric! Welcome back!

No...Thorny still does not have an STP
    You cannot be serious? Dear god. Give this man his packer, for god's sake!!!!!!

And I thought three months for my binder was bad.

I'm truly aghast. I'd say be patient, but I think you're beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze View Post
    And, yes, Ze's new icon is frightening. ()

Like I've said twice elsewhere, I'm glad you're back, Elric.
    Thank you, indeed.

As for the icon, tit for tat... LOL. I've replaced mine with something a little more in keeping with my own personality until I can get myself together enough to take a photo.

back at you.

I was thinking about you today, given that we're both similarly sized and I was doing some clothing shopping today. I discovered that Le Chateau actually carries XS sizes. I thought that I would pass that along if you weren't aware. While their clothes can be pricey, they do have sales on occasion and managed to pick up a few shirts on sale.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Ze; 02-08-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Merging posts.
    Elric

[SIZE="1"]"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field."
    -- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

Hey thanks! I'll check them out.

I like your choice of avatar, too. I loved that movie...(and it suits you!)

Hey thanks! I'll check them out.

I like your choice of avatar, too. I loved that movie...(and it suits you!)
    I do hope that is the first of many new Sherlock movies as it was positively brilliant. A girlfriend of mine is very enamoured with Robert Downey Jr., so I suggested we commit a joint tackle -- strip him down, she takes him and I take his clothes!
    Elric

-- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Elric View Post
    I do hope that is the first of many new Sherlock movies as it was positively brilliant. A girlfriend of mine is very enamoured with Robert Downey Jr., so I suggested we commit a joint tackle -- strip him down, she takes him and I take his clothes!
    I seriously want his clothes, too. I also want to help him create order out of chaos with a violin.

And yes, I'd definitely go to a sequel.

I also want to help him create order out of chaos with a violin.
    *laughs* That almost sounds... kinky. (apologies)

And what a brilliant moment in the film too.
    Elric

-- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

And what a brilliant moment in the film too.
    Most definitely. And I loooved the soundtrack.

(This has officially become the "I Sherlock Holmes" thread.)

Most definitely. And I loooved the soundtrack.

(This has officially become the "I Sherlock Holmes" thread.)
    Agreed on both accounts. I attempted to add "aka the I Sherlock Holmes thread" to the original subject but alas, I haven't the power.

I really have to pick up the soundtrack. I enjoy soundtracks for the most part and while this may date me, the original Dune soundtrack (from the 80s movie) is just awe-inspiring.

And to continue with the theme... Watson's sword cane was masterful. That is one type of cane I keep waiting to fall into my grasp, but so far, no luck. One day... one day.
    Elric

-- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

I'd change the title, but I actually don't know how.

But yeah, the soundtrack inspired me to get back on the violin. I'll have to check out Dune.

I'd change the title, but I actually don't know how.

But yeah, the soundtrack inspired me to get back on the violin. I'll have to check out Dune.
    You HAVE to live up to your new icon name-sake! *laughs*

The violin is a beautiful instrument and is tied with cello as my favourite of all instruments. A few years ago I attending the Vancouver Symphony's night of Russian composers, with emphasis on violin and it was incredible. Plus, I think it's a sexy instrument and definitely a good way to attract the ladies. ;-)
    Elric

-- Niels Bohr[/SIZE]

Plus, I think it's a sexy instrument and definitely a good way to attract the ladies. ;-)
    Most definitely. I can at least start carrying it around and see what it does for me. (What's a good excuse to not play? Carpal tunnel? ) It's a pretty naughty instrument, come to think of it. In the shape of a woman, got all those F-holes and G-strings...

It's versatility also blows my mind. Like, seriously. No instrument can compare, though other strings can be like cousins. (You get points for cello love.)

Favorite violin-based song! Go!

(You get points for cello love.)
    Umm....is now a good time to mention that I own and play a cello?
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

...mad jealous of your cello skills, man...
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

LOL Thornton I said I *play* one, I didn't say I play it *well* I am totally self-taught (did 10 years of classical piano training because my parents refused to let me learn the cello even though at 3 years old I REALLY wanted to - I fell in love with it when I was watching tv and there was one of those five minute breaks that comes on with an orchestral piece, and the one they played featured the cello. I sat there like "what IS that sound, I want to make that sound!" lol). But it took me another 30 or so years to actually GET a cello and start to teach myself to play it because I can't afford lessons. I adore my cello though - she even has a name
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

I was never much of an orchestral person (despite playing the flute and being in a school/private concert band for 8 years), until I heard this band. Now, cellos are awesome. Metal cellos are more awesome.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Agreed, Apocalyptica are awesome I have been a fan of theirs for a few years, pretty much since I got my cello. I'm not all that big on orchestral music either, just the cello, and I tend not to play a lot of classical music when I play my cello or piano. I also play a little violin and penny whistle, and this year I have decided that I really should learn to play guitar, since I have a beautiful guitar sitting here that belonged to my now 19yo son and he never played it after he left primary school, so I want to learn to play it (guitar is another instrument I have wanted to play since I was little).

I remember the first time I heard Apocalyptica, I had the same reaction as when I heard Metallica "S&M" for the first time lol, I was like "what the HELL is that, I LOVE it!" because it really pushes traditional musical boundaries and takes the cello out of its classical "comfort zone" and in a whole new direction. And since I'm a boundary-pushing kinda guy lol, that appeals to me immensely
    Last edited by DanielMacBride; 02-11-2010 at 11:15 AM.