Thread: High heel epiphany!

Banned Read only

High heel epiphany!

I have been wearing heels since I don't know when and have always worked on improving my walk. Tonight, walking back to my hotel wearing 4+ inch pumps

http://stuartweitzman.zappos.com/n/p.../c/103531.html

it suddenly hit me - lead with your hips! Think about pushing the hip you are stepping with forward - it really helps with a feminine walk!

Did you really purchase $263 shoes? They are really nice but that is a big ticket. Walking in heels is an art form. Yes the hips forward is the way to get a nice shashay. Don't forget to tilt your head slightly to the side and work it girl

Banned Read only
    Did you really purchase $263 shoes?
    I confess! I do love them, though! A girl is entitled to one vice, isn't she?

I don't think all my shoes put together cost that much girl.
    Angie

Gee, I felt bad today buying a new pair of Nine West black satin leather lace-up booties with 3 inch heels for $36.00 from the 40% off sales rack at DSW shoes. Actually, if you can and want to, then just do it!

For the walk, I practice it in male mode but still forget to use it in femme mode. Maybe one day it will all come together.

Banned Read only
    I do indulge from time to time but this girl likes a bargain too! I bought a nice pair of 9West boots yesterday - half off 29.99!

Love the shoes!
    My most expensive pair are my Baby Phats! I spent $60.00!
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-10-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Banned Read only
    Davida, those are HOT!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Renee don't let them give you a hard time about spending some of your hard earned money on yourself. They almost sound like men or my wife.

To me the secret in walking well in heels is to always remember to strike the balls of your feet first which does force your hips forward and walk along a center line. Similar to walking on a balance beam. I feel very confident in heels up to about 3" and given my height I don't go higher than that no matter how beautiful the shoes are.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Banned Read only
    They almost sound like men
    Too funny! When I ask my male self how much I spent on this or that tool, the shoes don't seem all that expensive!

Man shoes?
    My dress shoes are ones that I bought 30 years ago!
    I have a pair of new tennis shoes so I can "look nice" when Jean and I go out. One pair of old ones to work in when it is cold. And sandals, which I wear almost all the time. I do buy a new pair yearly though.

Now, we can talk about my female shoes!
    If you have enough time.

Platinum Member
    I've spent $200 plus on a pair of Tony Lama's so $200 plus on a sexy pair of heels doesn't seem out of line.

I can feel it when I'm walking right in my heels...there's just that subtle little swing of the hips that my wife loves

It is so absolutely true. You can only reach so far forward with the legs, so you have to put the hips in motion.

I have realized it's the same for cross country skiing. Too bad I can't tell people "Skiing is just like walking in heels, lead with your hips!"

Well---maybe I could?!?!?

Renee,

It's kind of like when you execute that perfect golf swing. Or kind of perfect. Or as near perfect. You know what I mean. It just all clicks and before you know it, you are click clacking away in your heels. I love your taste in shoes by the way. I'm envious of your taste of shoes. I love the Stuart Weitzman store at the GH Mall.

If you haven't taken a look yet... browse over to ideeli.com. I just bought a fabulous dress for a fraction of the retail, and they have really cute shoes too! Very reasonable prices and the dress came in less than a week. Even with the snow storm here in the Mid Atlantic!

DSW shoes

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Gee, I felt bad today buying a new pair of Nine West black satin leather lace-up booties with 3 inch heels for $36.00 from the 40% off sales rack at DSW shoes. Actually, if you can and want to, then just do it!

For the walk, I practice it in male mode but still forget to use it in femme mode. Maybe one day it will all come together.
    my favorite shoe store. It seems I can never go in there and come out emty handed. And that is where I bought my most expensive pair of heels.

I find if I put my foot directly in front of the other the hip swings into action naturaly.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

$263? i'm thinking of a pair of these,or moar!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"
    that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Keats.

After walking in 5 and 6 inch stiletto pumps for a number of years, I find it to be quite natural, and I simply love the way I walk in them, and how they feel. I guess I was just born to wear heels, thank God!

DSW shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Paula T View Post
    my favorite shoe store. It seems I can never go in there and come out emty handed. And that is where I bought my most expensive pair of heels.
    My favorite shoe store too. I know lots of people here rave about Payless, but honestly I think their shoes are much lower quality than the average shoe available at DSW. Plus, you can find some seriously killer deals on very high end heels sometimes.

I just feel like I've died and gone to heaven when I walk into a DSW. Aisle after aisle of beautiful heels. Plus, their discount section, and the fact they carry lots of shoes in my size (11)...just perfection for me. I love that store!

I use the horse stomp method.