Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expensive Items

Expensive Items

I was at the mall tonight and it got me thinking about how much I would love to own real diamonds something. A necklace / bracelet or ring.

So has anybody every bought themselves something very nice which only GG's would expect to get?
    Michelle

Diamond Soliatre

[SIZE="3"]I have a diamond solitare. It fits my sz12 finger. I love it and wear it every day but not in drab..but I want too. [/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]Sadly it is a cz from qvc.[/SIZE]
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Nahhhh.... I'd rather spend it on a new pair of hockey skates or a stick! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I buy really expensive shoes. I would like to have some nice jewelry, but I just borrow my wifes!

My wife and I buy jewellery together. Her rings do not fit but necklaces, earrings and bracelets can be shared. We just bought a super diamond necklace/earrings set.

Getting shoes in the budget

Just Go shoe shopping with the wife. She gets two pair of nice shoes...so.... I do too. She loves shoes so much that when I explained how much I love shoes....we strengthened the GG to CD bond. Everyone in our family is female...including me....even my grand daughters are nuts over shoes...it is heaven!
    And it is better to have one really good quality pair of shoes than a closet full you can't wear for more that 5 min. Been there done that. LOL
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Three years ago at age 79 my mother divorced my father. She moved into a small house with her boyfriend, my dad stayed in the house. (5500sq.ft.) He died a little over a year ago. I made three back to back trips back to the midwest, flying there and driving 1200 miles back in a 24ft U-haul full of antiques, art, jewelry from the estate. (3 round trips!).

My house is about 2000sq.ft and was full of the same. I built storage and screened in patios. It still looks like an antique store in here..lol

Yes, I have jewelry out the wazooo. 16 men's watches, 8 women's (all w/diamonds). Necklaces, rings, you name it I have 10 of it...hehe.

I'll post some pics soon wearing some of it. I do not wear anything but 1 ring when in drab..gold custom design w/ about 1carat diamond. When dressed, I could rival "MR T".lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Most of my jewellery is cheap costume stuff, but I do have one pair of gold earrings.

I just can't justify the cost to the amount of "wear time". So I just get the items for the wife and live vicariously through her. But I do compensate with big boy toys - boats, guns etc.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    I buy really expensive shoes. I would like to have some nice jewelry, but I just borrow my wifes!
    Right there with you. Why buy what I can borrow? Its the best of both worlds you are a hero for buying expensive jewelry and you get to wear it.

I have some of my Mom Jewelry that I am saving for my Daughters. I have been considering getting a ring or two resized and I do wear the necklaces and bracelts every now and then.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I just can't spend like that. But it would be nice.
    Angie

Platinum Member
    My wife and I share what we can

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I have 2 pairs, different sizes, of very nice gold stud diamond earrings.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Three years ago at age 79 my mother divorced my father. She moved into a small house with her boyfriend, my dad stayed in the house. (5500sq.ft.) He died a little over a year ago. I made three back to back trips back to the midwest, flying there and driving 1200 miles back in a 24ft U-haul full of antiques, art, jewelry from the estate. (3 round trips!).

My house is about 2000sq.ft and was full of the same. I built storage and screened in patios. It still looks like an antique store in here..lol

Yes, I have jewelry out the wazooo. 16 men's watches, 8 women's (all w/diamonds). Necklaces, rings, you name it I have 10 of it...hehe.

I'll post some pics soon wearing some of it. I do not wear anything but 1 ring when in drab..gold custom design w/ about 1carat diamond. When dressed, I could rival "MR T".lol
    if you need any advice give me a shout, i have a bit of a background in the "antiques" trade.
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"
    that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Keats.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I thought of buying a diamond as an investment. Something suitable for a ring some day. I would see it as an investment. Probably a good way to protect myself from the declining dollar (thanks alot Oboma). For now I could see using it in a belly ring. Later, the diamond could be set in a proper ring.

It is just a thought. Probably something I'll never do. I would think diamonds are more expensive now, yet I would also imagine less people can afford the investment. So, do they really cost more now?

Gen

For the last couple years I've been trying to justify a really nice analog womans watch with diamonds and dials for stop watch functions. Something a guy would like but made for a woman. They can get very pricey but there are some really sweet watches in the moderate range. I'm not ready for a Rolex or Tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    I just can't justify the cost to the amount of "wear time". So I just get the items for the wife and live vicariously through her. But I do compensate with big boy toys - boats, guns etc.

thats me...

2009 yamaha raptor 700.. built..
    2003 F350 crewcab... lifted... built..
    100mph race boat
    .40 cal taurus hand gun
    .300 RUM
    6mm remington
    ect ect ect.....

1971 jeep commando is in works...

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I thought of buying a diamond as an investment. Something suitable for a ring some day. I would see it as an investment. Probably a good way to protect myself from the declining dollar (thanks alot Oboma). For now I could see using it in a belly ring. Later, the diamond could be set in a proper ring.

It is just a thought. Probably something I'll never do. I would think diamonds are more expensive now, yet I would also imagine less people can afford the investment. So, do they really cost more now?

Gen
    diamonds are cheap at the moment,with all the people cashing in gold jewelry there is a glut of diamonds of possibly less than a carat each, go for the largest carot size you can afford anything over two carats would seem a good bet,especialy old cut ones,try antique marts there maybe something that some people miss,ie something that looks like costume jewelry but is a brooch with three one carat diamonds,oh and buy a loupe.
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"
    that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Keats.

Aspiring Member

Costume Jewelry for me

I just can't justify spending a lageamount on c/ding

I'm with Karren, though my money is with guitars and music gear rather than hockey, although my tastes in shoes are causing me issues!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Most of my jewelry, I have a ton of necklaces, is costume stuff but I do have some smaller pieces that are sterling or 14K, nothing major. Probably if I were more full time I'd indulge myself in at least a few pieces of fine jewelry, I think every girl deserves one or two as long as your not breaking the bank or putting the kids to work in the mines or something.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

[SIZE="4"]My tastes in shoes is getting expensive.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

It appears that nobody has done it yet. So later this year, I will buy me something just for me. Now granted I will have to be divorced first, but all good things come in time.

Now to plan for that jewelry item which is all mine. A gal has to have at least one piece of jewelry which has some value to truly feel like a lady.
    Michelle

I have a thing for designer handbags and watches. Never thought I'd spend so much money on that stuff.

And when I think I'm happy, there comes another season with new models, each one prettier than the next... gotta work hard to pay for all that... lol.

I have diamond studs and diamond dangle earings. Although they are real they aren't that expensive.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better