Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whos OPINION matters to you more?

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

Whos OPINION matters to you more?

the question I am asking is simple, would you rather hear the opinions about how we as crossdressers look and act from Genuine Girls, or from other Crossdressers?
    For me, I have a greater joy in the opinions from a GG, because I feel they are more Honest in what they have to say. Not that I don't appreciate all the comments from us CD.
    I know I always look for the opinions of GG in any of my posts, especially the ones from my wife. (not that she comments very often, but she has on occassion)
    I guess I like constructive critisism ? and I guess hearing from a GG that has a different point of view, really makes me think more than from us CD.
    Now that being said I do like to hear from us too.
    So whos opinion and comments do you take more to heart?

I guess it all goes back to what my wife wants from me- Honesty.

Whos OPINION matters to you more?

that's easy opinoins from other crossdressers , means the most to me

Platinum Member
    definately from GG's, cause they have been living it a lot longer than I have. My wife is the greatest help - she's there when I need guidance!

I also appreciate constructive criticism from us CD's.

I agree, I would rather hear comments from real women that CD's. The other day I went shopping, stopping at my favority shoe store. The lady running the place made a comment how a couple of styles looked really good on me. After selecting a pair, I went to checkout and she told me how good I look. Always "put together" and would like more women to look like I do.

I think it depends more on what they say. You can get garbage advice from a GG or a CD, but you can also get the best advice from either.

Without a doubt, GGs. Other crossdressers may give a less critisizing opinion and I want the truth no matter how it may hurt. I have a better chance of looking good or better when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    For me I guess it would depend on the actual person, some people's opinion's are worth listening to, some aren't, whether they're XX or XY.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

is in her vest
    honest peoples opinions matter to me, people who i admire opinions matter to me, strangers opinions of me fly right over my head mostly, as here at least, i've found so many of them to be 'insincere'......false flattery is worse than just staying silent in my opinion...
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Aspiring Member
    My wife is a source of help and inspiration to me. She helps me with clothing length, color combinations, and styles. She also hates my turtlenecks but she ain't going to win that battle

I value the opinion of the women on MakeupTalk.. They can be brutally honest.. But still nice. And since its a well known fact that crossdressers are habitual liars, you can't trust anything they say!! Hahaha.

Last edited by Karren H; 02-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

opinions

Definately GG's. I think that most of us CD's are afraid we will somehow insult one another if we are not totaly honest. A complete stranger GG is the ones I would take more closely to heart, I think.
    Yesturday afternoon I went to Wal Mart north of the stadium on 15, stopped by the vision center to get a pair of glasses adjusted (my guy glasses) while I was there, I was looking at some womens frames and the lady suggested I may be more interested in the ones in the mens section. I smiled at her and said, No I already have a couple pair of mens glasses, I am interested in some womens frames. for about 1/10000000000000 of a second she looked at me, then said "what color is your hair when you dress up"? Blond most of the time but I do have a dark brown and a red wig to. We spent the nest 20 or so minutes looking at womens frames but in the long run, we decided it would be best if I come back on Friday, dressed so she could help pick a pair of frames that would look good with the wig style and color I wear most often. that and I will have an eye exam done too. I wear tri focals but want to eliminate the reading part. I don't read very much while I'm dressed, but I do need to be able to see at a distance and mid range for driving. a great experience and her opinion is what i needed. It's hard telling what I would have picked out on my own.
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

CD's tend to be narrow minded in how one should look and act while GG's know that not everyone fits a mold. It is nice to hear what both have to say but GG's carry the weight
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I only listen to the voices in my head. Everyone else is way too honest and my feelings are easily hurt.

Actually I'm open for any opinion I can get. I just have to run it through the various filters before I take it to heart or spend my money. A GG attempting to sell me something I don't need may be less honest than a CD who sees something she learned and wants to share with me. It's all relative, it just needs to be processed.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

It would make no difference to me as opinions are just that opinions, it is always good to listen to them but in the end it is only your opinion that counts .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I like listening to both GGs and CDers, as each has a slightly different point of view from the other, and hence, you get a more complete assessment.

I enjoy both equally. I base it on the individual than who or what they are. That way their I can ignore the opinions I dislike from either.... lol

What about straight guys who don't CD

I like hearing from this group as well when out and about.

It depends...

...on what the question is. If it's about things that GGs deal with every day (makeup and clothing)... then I'd probably put more weight on what they have to say. If it's about issues that apply uniquily to crossdressers than other CDers opinions are going to get the weight.

That being said, I think that some people just give good advice and others are lousy at it, regardless of gender.

Final thought: Sometimes - not too often thank goodness - we tend to sugar coat our opinions to other CDers on this site. But a universal "it's okay we support you" is not always the best answer. Sometimes we (maybe even I ) need a swift kick in the panties and to be told to do the right thing.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Untitled
    Only 2 opinions matter to me, Sandra's and Amy's. They are the only two people who have any significant impact on what I do.

People are keen to offer opinions on all sorts of issues, but lets be honest, unless that issue affects you personally, do you really listen to the opinion of others.

Whilst I am happy to take opinions, and advice for that matter, from anyone it is a personal matter whether they are taken on board.

For those that offer an opinion/advice without it being requested are just downright nosy. If I ask for an opinion/advice, I do listen to it, but it is taken in context with the whole picture, which one assumes the person offering such advice/opinion is not aware.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    For me both however there is something specail about a GG's comment.

People who have no reason to lie to you. So, friends and family are out. Anonymous online feedback would work best of all.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Wow a lot of varying opinions, I like it. I really liked Sweet Janes comment as well as Bobi Jean. They both stressed Honesty is what counts. as well as others too but these where two that stuck out to me. And as for Karren Hutton she made me laugh because she always has somehting witty to add. Love it.

Aspiring Member
    While I do like compliments/from other CD's, I think I'd like them better from GG's, although the only time I've ever got one was the last time I went out dressed for Halloween.

Most definitely opinions from GGs.
    It would mean a lot I think, if they give us a positive opinion or what not. Because, after all, aren't we trying to look like girls/women, and be & look as feminine as we can?
    Who would know more than girls themselves? We may look OK, but we're still cd's, they are the GGs

Erika

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I value any opinion I ask for, whoever the person might be who I ask. I value the opinions I don't receive when I haven't asked for them.

Sarah