Thread: Too fast?

Too fast?

After reading a few of the threads that describe the journey many of you girls make, has me wondering "am I moving too fast?"
    I noticed that quite a few of you spend sometime years dressing privately for yourselves before taking bigger steps like going out dressed.
    I have only been dressing for about a month or so and have already been out twice. I also shaved my legs last night and am practicing with make up.
    No I have never been one to be shy or embarassed easily. Actually I have been out in drag once before. Years ago I went to a country music bar dressed as frank-n-furter from the rocky horror picture show for halloween.
    I don't have a wig yet not have I gotten the make up quite right yet.
    Am I moving to fast? It has almost become an obsession for me. Is this normal for those who begin dressing later in life?
    Don't get strung out by the way that I look
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    I'm not much of a man by the light of day
    But by night I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a sweet transvestite from transexual transylvania

Some of us took years before we stepped out due to circumstances such as community, spouse, family, our own rejection of our femininity, etc.
    Others like yourself just opened the door and out you went.
    Everyone is different. Some never fully dress. Some never wear make-up.
    Some never own a wig.
    Everyone here is different. So, don't worry about it.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

the pink fog

they talk about the "pink fog" here and generally they are referring to shopping sprees that overcome a person when they cross the line into acceptance of self.
    you are probably in your own version of a "pink fog", just getting it all out while the motivation is with you.
    enjoy the opportunity you have, many of us avoid it for a host of reasons...

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]The fastest you can move ain't too fast, Girl ! After having been in the closet for ages until deciding to go come out and go for broke, it took me about three months from beginning to learn makeup and acquire clothes, etc. to my first outing. Like you, I am not the least bit shy, and unlike most part time T-girls, I even make local outings in my own town. I have skated both my local roller rinks as Michelle, jamskating to Hip-Hop and R&B in a skirt ! The other day, I went shopping en femme in one of my dresses at the thrift store where I frequently buy my girl clothes en drab (as male)..... And I was treated exactly as if I was a woman ![/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar

Do whatever makes you happy!

My thoughs are simply do whatever makes you happy. You like nothing more than wearing panties and a bra, GREAT! You contemplating transition, GREAT. You somewhere in between, GREAT. What I and other people think is not important. Just be YOU.

What is important though is that as a group we transgender people tend to do a lot of dreaming and talking about doing what it takes to make us happy. Talking and dreaming are the easy part........doing, now that is a different story. Sadly people in general often have a difficult time actually DOING!

Life your dream babe!

KAtie
    SNIP-SNIP
    Last edited by Katesback; 04-06-2010 at 12:29 PM.

It's all about self exploration, luv. You find yourself as you go along.
    Give yourself plenty of trial periods & dress rehearsals, and often & frequent as you like. Have fun & daydream often. It's all about what you want.
    For me, I re-sarted my crossdressing 13 months ago after a 10 year abstinence & purge. I finally went out in public for the first time in years about 7 months ago, and lately I somehow I manage to go out & about 2-3 times a month.

As they say, "life is a journey, not a destination".
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Hello Sexy!
    Some of us never go out at all. The timetable is all in each persons head and acceptance level. I started going out after I finally came to an acceptance of who I was. The person dressing was truly me. In drab or feminine it did not matter.
    Charlie

Bobbi: There is no such thing as too fast. A large portion of us were in the closet due to peer pressure of the 50's and 60's where most people hated gay's and men in dreses. Later it was for family reasons. I am not in the closet by any means but I seem to tell someone every day that I crossdress. The times have been changing and due to the internet we have found that we are not alone. You are luck girl to be so young at this time and those being born today will have it even easier to come out than you do now, twenty years from now.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I believe that the speed at which a person comes out depends on the individual circumstances of the person. If you are single with no commitments, it's probably easier to come out at lightning speed, than if you were married with kids. Also, acceptance and understanding by those whom you might come in contact with on a daily basis.

I've been dressing for 50 years but have only been out for three. It was only after two marriages, six kids, four grandkids, and the passing of my second spouse, that I came out. Both wives had a problem with my dressing, even though they were both fully aware of it. Now with all my kids as grown adults and living on their own I can be the girl I want to be any time I want.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Thanks for all the response.
    JiFem, I am married with 4 kids at home. I am in the closet. Were I have gone out is to a TV/CD bar were I know that I will not run into anyone who knows me. - change in the car and keep Bobbis things well hidden
    Don't get strung out by the way that I look
    Don't judge a book by its cover
    I'm not much of a man by the light of day
    But by night I'm one hell of a lover

I'm just a sweet transvestite from transexual transylvania

Bobbi,

I am like and a few others here that have posted to your thread. I started going out about 3 months after starting to dress, as a very late bloomer. For those that want to go out quickly, I strongly recommend that you do it as soon as you feel that you are ready and that you can go someplace to give you a positive experience versus a negative one. If I couldn't go out, I do not know what I would be doing on this side of my life. That is me and is not necessarily for everyone. what I do believe is that the sooner one goes out (the one's that want to) the less potential there is for carrying a lot of unwanted emotional baggage that can negatively effect our lives in the future. Why? Because by going out and accepting ourselves and building up our own inner confidence, acceptance and courage, we are more capable of dealing with CD related issues as they develop over time. We have no major guilt about dressing except maybe for hiding it from a SO. If you like it, go for it and you will be happier in the long run.

hey babe is all happening Quick for Me Now. since I accepted what I am and stopped fighting it

The avvy pic isn't me
    If you have analyzed what the negatives are in going to fast and concluded your comfortable with it all, then by all means go for it. The neagatives for me that are holding me back are more financial then getting caught by someone who knows me. Ive simply had to put on hold the items i need to fully dress and go out because life's needs were far more important. mj (Cassie)

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dont think theres any Right amount of time to take to complete your Journey into Femininity,Theres many reasons why it may take time to achieve your goal,So take as long as you feel comfortable with,get that Wig and get yourself out there and enjoy youself,Its never too late
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson