Thread: Rat Fink Catalogs?

Aspiring Member

Rat Fink Catalogs?

Let's say your wife's cousin is staying over for one night. You remove all vestiges of female clothing from your office / spare room. You remove all the packaging from recent purchases from well known plus-size outlets. You forget to remove the three clothing catalogs from the nearby bathroom, one of which has your male name printed on the address.

You think you hear the cousin chuckling to herself the next morning. Should you be paranoid?

(Guess what! This refers to my situation. I'm only out to my wife and a couple of friends who are thousands of miles away)

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Christina-

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

In this specific situation, though, just because someone chuckled doesn't mean you got outed. People, even guys, wind up on catalog mailing lists for all sorts of things all the time, both online and dead tree format. Hell, I have ggirl friends who get ads for penis enlargement and erectile dysfunction, since most of them know about Joni, they forward them to me. Ha-ha, what a hoot.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much and just keep Channel Paranoia tuned for comments about crossdressing and stuff like that when your cuz is around.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Platinum Member
    I agree with Joni - people chuckle...sometimes its just a funny though that pops up at a random moment. Don't sweat it.

Of course, the question is, would being out to your wife's cousin be a problem?

I always use my femme name for the catalogues. They may not know who Celeste is, but they wont know it is me at least.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    .... People, even guys, wind up on catalog mailing lists for all sorts of things all the time, both online and dead tree format.
    Joni is absolutely right. Catalog mailing lists multiply in some secret plot to torture postal carriers.

Unless cousin mentions it, just ignore it. And if she does mention it, just say you've been getting all sorts of catalogs ever since you bought something through Land's End, Eddie Bauer, or any other store that fits.

Aspiring Member
    Newport news?

I think on reflection I'm just being paranoid. Plus, she is the type to giggle at things...

If they ask, tell them you got a present for your wife and ended up on their mailing list. I get lots of stuff under my male name to the house, and the postal worker never says a thing.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

I used to get Delias catalogs sent to me, even though I never signed up for them nor ordered from them. Sometimes you just get on a mailing list, so she probably assumes it's junk mail that your wife then kept before she would assume you're a CD. She might even jokingly think it'd be funny if it was yours but that's not the same as thinking it really is.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Yes, my wife is on some manly magazines cause she bought me something, and I get girly magazines.

If you were busted, I think you would have been confronted as she came out

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    I always use my femme name for the catalogues. They may not know who Celeste is, but they wont know it is me at least.
    What a good idea i do that often but not on cataloques
    Mistybtm

Aspiring Member
    I usually use my wife's name (was her idea)

LOL! I thought this thread was about Ed "Big Daddy" Roth branching out into items for crosdressers! I was interested to see what they came up with. (See attached picture of his "Rat Fink.")

As for catalogs, I get a bunch of different types, including women's clothing catalogs. I would say that I like to look at well dressed (or scantily in the case of Frederick's) women.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got on Cliniques mailing list some how and regularly get offers in the mail. Don't know how it happened but my male name is on it.
    These things sometimes really happen because sombody bought a mailing list and used it.

Aspiring Member
    My name started showing up on lady's clothing catalogs, so I ended up buying some clothes for my wife as a present. Now when the Fredericks or Victoria Secret catalogs arrive in the mail with my name on them, she knows it's because I bought her something to wear.