Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How tall, is too tall?

How tall, is too tall?

Being a tall gurl, i have often wondered if i'm too tall for my own good while dressed femme? I'm 6'2 without heels, and when i go out, i feel like my height may be a disadvantage at times. Usually when i cam with people and share pics, i get positive feedback on my appearance and shape. However, on a few instances recently, when i've met up with new partners for the first time, i've noticed they may feel a little uncomfortable with me being taller than them. Because of that, i get paranoid, thus becoming uncomfortable with my height. I do draw a lot of attention when i go out shopping, and i understand that, i just want to be more passable. Any suggestions ladies? Thanks for any and all feedback

Don't worry. I always think that I am too short at 5-6. Yeah, for a woman that is cool, but I am so used to looking up that 6-2 is almost at eye level for me now. You can wear flats, which I enjoy, or just wear what you like, keep your head up, chest out, back arched and your butt out. When you walk into a room like that people will see that you own the place and are comfortable with yourself, the only one that really matters in life anyway! Go for it and enjoy it.

You're only 6'2" and you are concerned?

I'm 6'5" in flats, transitioning living full time.

You're NOT too tall.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

I'm 6'0" tall. It's not about the height (of course, people can be surprised by it, but it's not really an important issue). let your height be simply another part of your beauty.
    warmly, Linnea

Aspiring Model/Actress Jennifer Lynndon's Avatar
    Not to worry, Sweetie.
    I know all about it ... at 6'-6" in my bare feet I know the problems of being tall. You look fabulous and have a very feminine appearance in your avatar. Confidence is the most important factor! Just ast like a lady and go about your business and you'll be fine.

When you're doing your best to blend in it would certainly help to wear flats and dress appropriately. There are a lot of tall ladies around and you're one of them.

Now with all of that said, I gave up on passing ages ago and I celebrate my height! I always wear tall heels and love a variety of up-do's for my hair. When I go out I'm 7 feet tall when the heels and hair are added in! And yes, I only go to venues where I'm welcomed and appreciated.
    And I have even developed a bit of a fan following!
    It's great!

I'm 6'1". Don't pay much attention to your height and just try to enjoy yourself. If you are uncomfortable, that shows to others. Just wear flats and be confident, as many people secretly wish they could be a few inches taller. They'll look at you out of admiration!

Thanks for all the support, and great advice! I do own some pairs of flats, and i'm getting more comfortable in them.

I'm 6-3 in my stockings and proud of it. Yes it makes clothing choices a challenge but should not be a reason to not pursue your passion. There are many women I look up to physically as they are very attractive.

Teri

Jennifer is right! It is about confidence, and presentation. There are a lot of tall women out there with us. The pretty ones don't slouch, they stand tall.
    I am 6' in stocking feet, so flats or low heels are best. My daughter is 6'1" and loves to wear heels. (She doesn't know) If I win the lottery, I will hire a tall beauty to be my shopping and deportment guide. Were is Grace Jones when we need her. Jessica, just enjoy. Although I am in mourning at the loss of the Tall Girl Shops!

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Jessica-

Don't let it bother you, I'm 6-1 in my barefeet, so only a little shorter than you and I'm sure there are many, many other girls here in the same height range. As someone else pointed out, there are plenty of other ggirls out there who are as tall or even taller. Just be yourself and have fun.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMiller View Post
    Thanks for all the support, and great advice! I do own some pairs of flats, and i'm getting more comfortable in them.
    But always remember Doll, when you're going out shopping, getting a cup of coffee, a nice lunch or whatever, the falts are probably the most appropriate, but there are evenings when it's just the most fun to be a really tall girl, wearing your tallest heels, going to clubs or various locations where your height will be an asset providing extra attention ... and extra attention can be a really good thing!

I am 6'5'' - 6'6'' in flats...I go out in heels all the time, mostly because flats in my size are not as easy to find, and the flats that I have found are really expensive...(Not sure why they make more heels in bigger sized shoes, you think it would be the opposite)

I know how you feel though! But on the plus side, everyone I meet is jealous of my height!!

Pam...how is transitioning at 6'5''?? I do believe that at some point in time I will be transitioning my self, and I would love to know what full time is like at 6'5''

Aspiring Member
    My heels always amuse my wife, because they're raising me up from my natural 6'6

Hieght Issue

Well this here is my first post and I think I found a good one . I happen to be 6' and when I wear my heels I feel like godzilla , but , I think of the odd-ball comedies and the one quote that sticks out is :
    "Yes they do go all the way up , and , I just had them lenghthend " lol

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Well this here is my first post and I think I found a good one . I happen to be 6' and when I wear my heels I feel like godzilla , but , I think of the odd-ball comedies and the one quote that sticks out is :
    "Yes they do go all the way up , and , I just had them lenghthend " lol
    Thanks for the comment JeanMarie, and welcome to the board!

I'm going to remember those!

Gold Member
    Nothing wrong with being tall Jessica. Makes you that more attractive.

Smile You can go shopping with me.......

Anytime, Jessica! I think you look great, and I really don't care what anyone thinks. It's more about how you FEEL, and you should feel proud to be who you are everywhere you go. Of course people will talk, point, snicker, or whatever, but it's your life, and it's a free country, so celebrate the fact that you are special, walk tall and proud (whether in flats or heels) and keep on smiling gal!

Suzanne - Six foot two, and eyes of blue
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Attend a few women's volleyball matches or basketball games (high school, college etc.) and observe. You will see how confident tall women carry themselves and how admired they really are.

I have spent many seasons watching volleyball matches and that was certainly my impression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    People notice you when you're out in public en femme? Let's be totally honest here, tall, slim women are hot!

You look fantastic in your avatar and profile pic, and I'm not the least bit surprised people admire you and look at you when you are out. In a past life when I was a single guy, I used to love tall slim women ... in fact I couldn't take my eyes off them ... the taller the better. I think people looking is not because they read you as a CDer, it's because very tall women are sexy and they want to look
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I too am 6' 2" and I'm constantly having this monkey-mind conversation. My supportive wife, CD friend and his wife encourage me to step out and don't worry about what others think... but I do think, therefore I am... a Crossdresser.

I think my wife likes that I'm challenged by my height so it'll keep me from venturing too far from home.

But I have to tell you when I do go out (on a rare occassion ) to a local gay bar with my friends and wife and feel confident about myself the height issue disappears. Once while we were there a beautiful blond bombshell of a woman who had 6" heels strutted across the room and my friends had to ask her how tall she was. She was 6' and in those heels she was about 6' 6"!! but she was so confident because it's just who she is... herself. Easier said than done huh?

I like the outfit style you have in your Fall '09 photo albums. Nice, simple and elegant for a tall lady. It also blends well with the outside (the closet) world and won't draw too much attention but as many have said in this thread sometimes you want to draw attention, wear it well and with confidence!

Enjoy yourself
    [SIZE=3]Silly girl! Because it's fun... [/SIZE]

bron
    i think tall cd's look great...i am just under 6ft without heels and about 6.2 with heels...that's tall for me...and i love it. I couldn't care less what others think about me if i stick out in a crowd. Way too old to care any more about other peoples opinions of me.

Being tall is an advantage

Sometimes I think being tall is an advantage because people just expect taller people to be more masculine. I think this is one of the reasons when we see a tall femine women it sticks out so much and is so beautiful. I am
    6'4" in socks and went out and wasn't read until I was talking to the SO. I could see her face as she put it together after a couple of words it was actually quite encouraging that she didn't just notice me.

Just my 2 cents

BWOemerger

I am also tall and have experienced over the years that in small town USA I may be looked upon as exotic. In San Francisco you don't get a second look with the exception of an occasional complement. By the way you look great!!

I'm 6'2" and while I have been very aware of it at times - there are plenty of girls taller than me. I have dated some of them... And this always makes me feel better:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/604-160.shtml
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

It seems a bit odd really,,a lot of tall girls are paranoid about their height (me included!),,but all the friends ive asked about this are totally jealous and wish they were tall too. Don't worry about the grass being greener, and don't worry about a little attention due to your height, people probably aren't scrutinizing you, just succumbing to the green eyed monster. One of the joys of humanity is that we're all such different shapes and sizes, just try and keep your head up and be proud of who you are,,because there is no too tall i don't think.
    x flic x 6"1