Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress more or less the older you get?

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

Do you dress more or less the older you get?

I have found myself dressing more and more as I age. I don't remember any specifics, but I seem to recall a great many of you saying that you are dressing more as you age.

Does aging reduce testosterone levels? Would this produce more feminine desires?

Unfortunately in my case, if my hormone level have declined, it has not taken the fur with it! I seem to be just as hairy as ever. Maybe one day I won't have to go through 3 razors to shave myself.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

bron
    I have found that i am becoming more fem as i get older. I should clarify that.....My thinking is becoming very fem. There is no way i want to stop that process either. i love my fem side, i just wish i had a more feminine body. Oh well...can't have it all i guess. bron

Platinum Member
    I dress more - out of opportunity and perhaps there's a biological element. The kids are grown so we have the house to ourselves...which means I'm able to dress pretty much full time. I have read that dropping testosterone has an impact too.

I do know that my fem side is on my mind almost all of the timenow. I think about wearing makeup, nail polish all of the time. I'm 75.

Age has advantages

I couldnt agree more with you.
    The older I get the more or the stronger the irge is to dress.
    The Pink Fog is stronger and my wardrobe is expanding expodentally. Soon will need two closets to get it all in. Lately its been petticoats and pettipants, its so hard to get them in containers!
    Guess a girl has to be a girl sooner or later.

Yep

No kids at home anymore = more chances to get dressed up. Add to this a better understanding and more self acceptance as we mature and you get more girl time.
    Just my .
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Banned Read only
    I definitely dressed more when I was young, but that may have been because I wasn't married... Both when I was younger and now, I have gone through phases where I don't dress up at all for months, sometimes years at a time.

As i've gotten older, i definetly dress more frequently. Watching myself improve over time keeps things exciting and fuels the desire. I find myself thinking about it more often too, maybe 80% of the time now.
    Mimi Lee

Mine is totally based on opertunity and it seems the older I get the less opertunity I have?? Kind of backwards... But I so much busier with more stuff to do and less time... Guess by the time I retire I won't have a minute to spare??? Sigh...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Since I did not start dressing until I was older I would have to say I dress more. Especially now that my wife accepts my dressing and allows me to go out dressed. Because we travel a lot there are large gaps where I do not get to dress, but once home I can't get enough and dress every chance I get. I'm dressed today, will do so again tomorrow and will go out this coming Saturday. Yea!

I too seem to be more preoccupied not only with dressing but being femme as I get older. Even when I'm not dressing I'm working on my femmenine postures. And I enjoy it more now than ever.

Jasmine

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I had not thought about being able to dress more because the kids are no longer around. (None of my own) And as mentioned elsewhere, retirement means no more dressing on the road. A convenient method for several of our members.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

More as I have gotten older. Much of this is due to the fact that I am working less now. Another factor is the almost empty nest syndrome. Plus my wife has known for about ten years now so I don't have to really worry about her catching me (although she has never seen me and doesn't really approve). I think that's about it. So far as I know my hormone levels are ok.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'm only 25, but I dress way more now than I did as shortly as a year ago. More time for me to really give an honest answer, but if I had to guess...I would dress more and more.
    removed

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

looks that way

I just started a few years ago, but even my wife has noticed that I probably don't have the opportunity to have Tina visit as I'd like. She's even wondered if Tina is jealous of all the "he" time! But, it is true that now that I know better what I'm doing I have slowly but regularly increased the frequency, and since the interest to increase the frequency is there, I'm sure Tina-time will increase as we proceed!

tina

I to dress more with age, oportunity is a fickle thing, I guess you have to take every chance you get to dress.
    Kids still live at home, so I have to juggle my time around them, fortunatly my wife is supportive in this area.

Alanea Reder

i dress much more than when i started 30 + years ago . so i would say yes the older you get the more you dress but i think also maybe the type of dressing changes, when i started i can remember it was just lingeri and stockings, now its the whole thing i dress fully , so over the years my desirses and meanings have also changed too.

i am just a bit sad i was not into full dressing at a younger age , where i am sure i would have had more fun than i did in drab

Aspiring Member

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    No kids at home anymore = more chances to get dressed up. Add to this a better understanding and more self acceptance as we mature and you get more girl time.
    Just my .
    Hi, I agree with Mina .....I dress ( and think about dressing) much more than when I was younger. I also believe I "pass" better now also.

Silver Member
    No question that I dress more the older I get and love it more and more too

Since my divorce and now living alone I have ample opportunity to dress. I dress most of the time at night when I get home. Although I don't do full makeup. Just don't have that much time. But if I have no work the next day I will put on nails and full makeup for the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeauxmarie View Post
    I have found myself dressing more and more as I age. I don't remember any specifics, but I seem to recall a great many of you saying that 1 you are dressing more as you age.

1Does aging reduce testosterone levels? Would this produce more feminine desires?

2Unfortunately in my case, if my hormone level have declined, it has not taken the fur with it! I seem to be just as hairy as ever .3 Maybe one day I won't have to go through 3 razors to shave myself.
    1. Yes AND YES
    2. It will take away the fur
    3. Give the fur a HEAD START AND EPILATE!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Oh yeah I totally find myself dressing more, and more courage, my toes are almost always painted and haven't worn mens underwear in months. Just not caring what others think and start caring about what I want. I am not getting any younger.

I dress less, but feel more fem

This may sound like a contradiction, but I dress a lot less now than I did even a few years ago. I guess you could say the thrill is gone, I don't go out to the clubs like I did. I don't feel the need to be "dressed up" to be myself. After all, for me its not about the clothes as much as being myself, even in jeans and a top. I go out to shop, movies, even church en femme, but may not dress up in a skirt/dress, heels, hose, etc.
    Joanie B.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeauxmarie
    Do you dress more or less the older you get?
    [SIZE="2"]I dress just about the same – no more, no less. When I first started I dressed as often as I could, but now I do it more passionately and less often, settling into a routine I established some years ago…[/SIZE]

Testosterone declines gradually by about 1% every year in men after they turn 30, while estrogen stays roughly the same throughout life. Testosterone and estrogen have drastic affects on thinking patterns both in humans and other animals. I don't know much of the psychology behind it though.

I've only been crossdressing for 5 months though, so I can't say much from my own experience.
    [SIZE="1"]The beginning of your story may never be edited, but your story's ending has yet to be written.

Website | DeviantArt[/SIZE]