Thread: Today was to be a dress-up day, but .......

Thumbs down Today was to be a dress-up day, but .......

I had been planing today for weeks, I only get a chance like this about once a month. Today was to be one of those days, but the SO got the day off. She does approve of full dress-up, so the best layed plans when out the window. Well maybe in another month, who knows.

I sure hate it when my plans get messed up. But then that is the price that we pay for being ourselves.

Nancy

I was planning to dress this evening but I've got a streaming cold and this tends to put a damper on looking beautiful (particularly make-up).
    So I think I'll just watch TV and do my nails.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Nancy, I have been on sort of a purge for the past 9 months...till i joined here a few months back. [ good thing...lol]

i was planning on attending a support meeting this past sat....ooooops big storm. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I was looking forward to dressing and going to breakfast tomorrow with a friend who has seen me dressed many times ... but no, he tells me today that I must be macho tomorrow.

I need better friends!

Me too

I had tonight planned all week but nooooooo my daughter shows up with a friend staying the night with her, sooo her I sit DRAB as can be. I feel your pain are on me tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Well, what with the start...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    I was planning to dress this evening but I've got a streaming cold and this tends to put a damper on looking beautiful (particularly make-up).
    So I think I'll just watch TV and do my nails.
    ...of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, this may be a good opportunity to chill out in front of the telly with a nice hot rum toddy while you let nature take its course with that nasty cold of yours .

Speaking of Winter Olympics, whatever happened to Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards, that Basil Fawlty-like ski-jumping wannabe and Britain's answer to the Jamaican bobsledding team in the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics ?

Ok so I agree that your plan wasted kinda sucks, but I will say make the best of it and take your SO out for dinner or have a nice romantic evening in, if she knows that you dress and had plans this may actually work in your favor.

Lora

All I want is a world somewhere, a place to wear pretty underwear
    A dress, some makeup, hose and heels
    OH wouldn't it be loverly

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"---Helen Keller

If your wife knows and accepts, then why couldnt you just explain your plans to her, get dressed up anyway and have a girly day together?

That could have been lots of fun!
    Samantha -x-

Yeah... Life sucks.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I feel for you, my last dress up day was shot all to hell when my brother decided to replace a part on his truck and screwed up the security system. i was the only one that he would call
    maybe next time.

Tina L.

Well you didn't get to dress today. Did you spend it with the wife? did you have a good time? Did you keep your marriage in high gear? I dress every day and would give it up for a month (if I could, at least I would try) if I had the things you have. Enjoy your loved ones, dress when you can.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have the similar story except mine was to atten a meeting however my S.O. wanted to do some shopping.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Richards
    ...so the best layed plans when out the window. Well maybe in another month, who knows.
    I sure hate it when my plans get messed up. But then that is the price that we pay for being ourselves.
    [SIZE="2"]My sister was away for 36 hours last week, so I could have dressed up and frolicked to my heart's content during all that time. However, I got working on something that required male clothes (I can’t get my femme things dirty, you know!). That job took longer than I expected, I got tired, went to bed, and when I woke up my sister called to say she would be home in an hour. That was my missed opportunity…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Richards View Post
    No. That's the price you pay for not negotiating a compromise with your SO. Does she know that you CD? She wouldn't need to be involved, just respect that you need to express who you are.
    Reine

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I agree with Reine. Are you absolutely sure there's no way your wife would allow a small amount of girl time on your own?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    I think that in the context of this post, Nancy meant to say "doesn't approve". It doesn't make sense, otherwise.

Yes, its a pain when it happens. Sometimes its best to take the time planned, and put it to your S.O. well being, that way it may get you farther along.

I feel your pain Nancy. I had planned an outing for last Friday and Saturday complete with a hotel stay Friday night and two full days of Janet, but the wonderful Dallas snowstorm of 2010 put the nail in that coffin. That's OK, I have another outing scheduled for the first weekend in March. I left early from work yesterday and decided to have a few Janet hours before going to college. It was so nice to get out and about, but I was so depressed when I had to change back into my drab clothes.

I always find it a disappointment when plans go awry, but I also love the opportunities they present... A chance to have a day with your SO when you are already psychologically free of other stuff is (for me) a rare opportunity.

The last time that happened to me, I took us out for the day (not local... to a city 60 miles away), did a film late pm (Avatar 3D), meal at one of her favourite restaurants, drive home...

So it cost me some money that I wouldn't have spent, but that was a better day... those days are rarer than hen's teeth!

I lost a day dressing on my own - I gained a shared experience with the person I love best in the world.

Result!

xx

Sorry

I really hate it when that happens. I seems like we get so little time to be ourselves. You will enjoy your next session that much more.