Thread: Now That We've Cover Crossed Legs When Seated . . .

Now That We've Covered Crossed Legs When Seated . . .

How about standing with your legs crossed?
    This photo was in a Kohl's ad. Have you noticed that in fashion photos men are nearly always shown with both feet firmly planted on the ground, while women are almost always shown with their legs crossed or with one foot slightly raised?

So now that we've discussed sitting with your legs crossed and walking, how about standing still?

Do you stand gracefully? Do you have to think about how to stand or can you do it automatically? Can you stand still with your legs crossed?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Frankly it's all about genitals. Male models stand that way because they are demonstrating discreetly that they have got a package down there that needs room to breathe.
    Women tend to wrap their legs around like that as a reminder that there's nothing to get in the way of it.
    Fashion modelling and photography is very sexual in nature, they just imply, they don't show.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Persephone,

Note :she is also wearing heels...the toe down is almost automatic with the
    heel

i tend to stand like a hooker....hand on hip etc. weight on one foot....until my wife catches me... then she says stand like a man!

oooops wrong mode....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

While enfemme I sometimes stand like that on purpose but never by instinct.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I do that all the time at work. I'm on my feet most of the day and crossing my legs while standing is really comfortable for me.
    "The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
    -Walter Bagehot

AIM: KendraAmaya
    kendra.amaya@gmx.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

still in training bra Elaine Michelle's Avatar
    O M G!!

I am going to have to take down most of my pics right now!!

Elaine

LOL some funny posts but for me if u tuck away the genitals it feels so natural to keep your thighs together but when there not tucked watch out you might break the eggs, its like your brain has a switch and you dont even have to think about it when there out, i asure u that if women had something hangin between there legs for a day they would walk and stand differently

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    How about standing with your legs crossed?

Have you noticed that in fashion photos men are nearly always shown with both feet firmly planted on the ground, while women are almost always shown with their legs crossed or with one foot slightly raised?
    Hmm...in my studies as a Certified GG Observer (especially standing in line at Starbuck's en femme), most women don't cross their legs, but they do hold their feet close together.

Women rarely stand with their legs spread apart in my experience, but I do notice that many T-girls stand with feet apart when posing (which while not strictly against the rules, is unusual).

I always cross my legs while standing, cause I have problems in my knees, so I switch which leg I have crossed.

~Natalie

I love the shots of me crossing my legs the best. They give you a long tall look. Try taking a few dozen shots and see what pose looks best for you!

Kristen

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone
    Have you noticed that in fashion photos men are nearly always shown with both feet firmly planted on the ground, while women are almost always shown with their legs crossed or with one foot slightly raised?
    Do you stand gracefully? Do you have to think about how to stand or can you do it automatically? Can you stand still with your legs crossed?
    [SIZE="2"]I usually stand with my legs together, but I don’t cross them at the ankle (as in the photo). I do more of a stance like Degas’ “Little Dancer,” where one leg is out in front of the other one, and the forward foot is turned outward. This is great for balance, and it looks graceful – it also does not look masculine in any way, so I like that…

I think women stand differently than they are depicted in fashion photos, and the latter has something to do with making the feet look graceful (and not detract attention away from the clothes). Even when there are no clothes present in the image, there are usually shoes on the feet, forcing them into a graceful angle for compositional (and fetishistic) reasons…[/SIZE]

Maybe I'm just not as beneficially endowed as some others on here because I stand like that a lot, like at work when I'm assigned to "greet" for an hour at the front door, I almost always stand that way. And I'm almost always dressed in "male mode," even when I wear skirts.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Gosh, golly, gee you're giving away all of our secrets Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning