Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mistake telling others.

Mistake telling others.

Anyone ever regret revealing you crossdress to a trusted friend or family member?

I have 8 children who have all been told. My second oldest son doesn't even want to talk to me unless it's to get money. His sister told me it was because of the dressing. The other seven are ok with it or should I say don't hold it against me. I wish I never told that son.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Not really, I don't tell everyone. I'm not out to everyone. My kids know, but they grew up with that knowledge. And I shop dressed...BJ

Platinum Member
    I went through a rough patch with my kids after my x outed me to my family...but it turns out their anger was more focused on the divorce than on particulars of my dressing. We've worked it out now and have a good relationship. My advice to anyone who has been shut out by a family member is to just keep trying to open up. Do what you say you'll do, be a person they can respect, and in the end they MAY come to accept you. If they don't at least you gave it your best.

I told a friend that I wished I hadn't. Her response definitely could have been worse, she didn't really freak out or out me or cancel the friendship. But she's definitely not accepting. She told me things like there would never be a woman who would be ok with it and things like that. She was really negative about it.

Yes, to my probably soon to be ex wife...

I've only confided in a few folks, no regrets so far.
    Mary

Told a girl who was a friend/sex buddy and she loved it but I didn't want it to be a bedroom fetish thing. She hasn't told a soul as far as I'm aware

I told the wife before we were married...shortly after we started dating. She thought I was really weird. REALLY weird. But she appreciated the candor. Problem is, she has used that as a sword against me in anger even though I didn't dress up for many years. Hurts when she does that. Yes, I wish I never told her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Anyone ever regret revealing you crossdress to a trusted friend or family member?

unfortunately, i have to say yes Tiara.

But i will get through it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

My best kept secret

Only told my wife and I stopped there.
    If I were a thief or alcoholic I'd be more welcome outed.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Hi there

Ive regretted Telling my wife,as its so hard now,but its done and she would of found out latter in one way or the other.But its been the best thing since my sister and partner found out, a lot more support, anyway probably wont be long before i will unable to hide the woman in me to any one.

Geneva.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44936757@N07/

hmm a son who won't speak to you unless it's for money and then the feminine ATM is ok? Don't regret telling that son, regret raising him to be a narrow minded self centered person.

Most the regrets here I see are telling a spouse...but what if you hadn't kept it a secret to start with?

I don't regret telling anyone. No one so far has changed in regard to me from the announcement. I have found that usually they want to discuss the why's and wherefore's and as long I don't flounce and prance and generally throw it in their face it doesn't matter.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Aside from you folks here and my (Dianna's) FB friends--all on-line, but none regretted--I'm only out to three people, none of which I told. My wife did.

So far, no regrets.

I DO sometimes regret telling my wife (sorry, Lori), but only when she's having a particularly hard time of it. The weight-lift benefit alone was worth the outing.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

My wife, I wish I'd never uttered a word to her. She outed me to someone she was having a casual affair with but that's a different thread.

Hard telling how many other she has told but I am ready and I will not deny it, if I was ever confronted with it, why should I?

It's me and it has taken years for me to understand that, if people who have cared about or for me cannot accept that , well I am sorry and the only way I could explain it would be , why am I so different now that you know ? Why am I a freak today when I was just me yesterday? Huh? now that you know.

Gold Member
    It is not a mistake cause that is less people you have to explain or hide from.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I've told 8 people now, and havn't regretted any of them!
    removed

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.. PattiMichaels's Avatar
    I've only voluntarily told one person -- the now ex-wife of my childhood best friend. I regret it only in that I feel it's information that is now what I'll call blackmail ammunition. Oddly enough, they are now divorced but we all work in closely related circles. I guess everyone is afraid of the skeletons in their closets.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Not yet, granted I've told very few people and on a need to know basis only.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

regrets....

I don't have a single regret telling anyone that does know and those include my now ex-wife who as far as I know has not told anyone, and if she has, I have not felt or heard any backlash.....my mom, dad, brother, his wife, three cousins, a woman whom I was dating but was too soon after the divorce, so I called it off and we remain friends, but was really cool with it (even wanted to go shopping with me)......and four or five of my friends that my boy side hung out with and have all continued to be a friend with open arms!!!! I count my lucky stars to have such beautiful friends and family!!!! When I broke the news to all but two of them, these were my exact words to each and every one of them...."I need to tell you something which is going to be very hard for me....choking back tears here, sorry..... i'm at a point in my life where i'm tired of hiding who I feel that I am....i'm here to let you know that i'm a crossdresser and have been since my childhood and if you can not accept me for who I AM then it will be your loss and I will move on with my life!!! shortened version of course........EVERYONE of their responses was and I will swear on this....REALLY? we thought it was something bad like cancer or you did something bad....my mom and one cousin said, "they are just clothes, SO what!!!! WOW sorry for being SOOOO long winded!!!

I have told at least a dozen people and have absolutely no regrets. If anything, they look forward to seeing Claire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I've told many, many people, and I don't regret any of them.

Telling my first girlfriend got the most negative response of all I've experienced, but that is a positive because her response was a large part of my decision to tell my wife very early in our relationship, and that was a very big plus.

I didn't tell my sister but either my mother or a niece (her niece too, not her daughter) told her, then she told everybody in my family. I think that she thought that she was being nasty in doing so, but in the longer term it's worked out as a positive and I intend to thank her for doing so.

So far of the people I have told, I don't regret telling them they are all rather open minded

To my family, not to sure about that but probably not, but to everyone else i 100% regret it as it changed me and my life in a way that i was not expecting it to .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Not so far... I sometimes half expect adverse reactions from some GG's but so far everyone i've come across thinks it's cool. So... not a liability but an... umm... asset.