Thread: On a Positive Note - Told My Girlfriend

On a Positive Note - Told My Girlfriend

It's been a while since I posted, but I just had to share my experience telling my girlfriend about my crossdressing. We haven’t been going out for very long, but I decided a long time ago that this wasn’t something I could hide from someone I was even remotely serious about. Even so, this is only the second time I’ve told anyone. (The other time was the only other remotely serious relationship I’ve been in.) So, a few nights ago, I told her. I was nervous, and it took me a few tries to come out with it. She was surprised, and said that she had always seen me as a “rugged mountain man,” but she told me that she was okay with it. Whether I wanted to keep it private, involve her in it, or even, in her words, walk through Piccadilly Circus in a ball gown, she would support me.

Over the last few days, we have talked about it a little more. She has asked some questions (Mostly practical things. Do I pad my hips? What sorts of clothes do I wear? Do I try things on in shops?), and I have answered openly. She has suggested that we go shopping for me sometime, and when I showed her a photo (after she had asked to see one), she complimented me on my fashion sense and said that I should come along as her “shopping assistant” when she shops for herself. She has even hinted that I might try some of her clothes, though I rather doubt that any of them would fit. I’m a good nine inches taller than her! Probably the most wonderful thing that she has said, though, is simply that she thinks it’s great that I’ve been able to accept and express this side of myself.

I couldn’t have hoped for a more accepting, supportive reaction. I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus saying that there really are some incredible women out there.

Crystal

That is good news hun.....now just let things sink in with her and take it easy don't go rushing into dressing every minute of the day.

Also expect there to be days when she's maybe not as happy about the cding...don't leave this talk to her ask her is bothering her, basically talk to her and work thing out.

She may also benefit from joining the FAB forum have here,.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Crystal, when you have news like that, how can you not share. I hope all aspects of your relationship continue to grow and that you'll share many wonderful moments together for many years to come.

Wendy

Congrats! It's great that she was accepting but even better that you recognized the need to tell her this important thing about yourself while she's still getting to know you as a full person. I wish you both the best!
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

[SIZE=4]Yeah Crystal![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Now that you have her attention, make sure you focus on her as much as you can but don't get so obviously attentive that she realizes you have just exposed yourself. We tend to over emphasize our need to CD and sometimes it can really mess with a relationship.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Good luck and congratulations for telling her.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Wine and dine her. Clutch and grab. Compliment her daily. But go SLOW.
    You are lucky to have someone to share with so early in your encounter.
    I am happy for you. Anonymous in Maryland

Wonderful !

I'm so happy for you. And of course remember to pay attention to her wants and needs.

Presh GG

Well done luv.

Take it at her pace, the more you involve her at a level she is comfy with, the more she will accept it.
    My girl recently found out, and were doin well, and I wish the same for you guys.

-x-
    Samantha -x-

Platinum Member
    That's great Crystal. She sounds like a wonerful girl. Its gotta make your life so much easier and satisfying to have someone supportive and wiling to share the experience with you.

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Yay congrats Crystal! Very good idea in telling her early on. No sense in hiding something that can easily break a relationship apart when (when not if) the truth finally comes out. I hope things continue to go well, but as a few others mentioned, don't be surprised if she has her moments when she isn't as supportive as she initially was.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Alberta View Post
    She was surprised, and said that she had always seen me as a “rugged mountain man,”
    This made me chuckle a little because it made me think of this.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN