Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Crossdressing Skater !

Aspiring To Become Woman Michelle-Leigh's Avatar

Another Crossdressing Skater !

[SIZE="3"]Ladies, I am so delighted that we have a sister crossdresser skating and styling very femme in the Olympics this year ! I just love Johnny's skating and his cute girly costumes... Now I have a new role model !

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    "We are now operating at a femininity level of 98% and rising...."
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jenn and I watched his performance and got a kick out of his very femme, punk rocker look. We were also very disappointed with the judges scoring.

Platinum Member
    he really worked it - I agree on the scoring, I though he should have been right up there.

Definitely a very fam look.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I missed this since I have been unable to watch much of the Olympics this time. Did he compete against the women or the men?

Vieja

Which skater was that? I missed it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

ohh Johnny!

OMG I love Johnny. Soooo sexy. yumm

My wife and I root for Johnny. I love the fact that he doesn't hide who he is. However, he's more than just a pretty face. He has a lot of talent, although at times I think he doesn't live up to his potential. If you're a fan, check out his show on the Sundance channel: Be Good Johnny Weir. This website has some clips: http://www.sundancechannel.com/johnny-weir/

Personally, I think the judges didn't judge him for his performance. He was outright ROBBED in the short program judging. There were skaters that crashed and burned to the ice who got higher scores than he did. Absolutely appalling display of judge bias. Even the announcers, including Scott Hamilton, questioned the judging, saying they'd have to go over a replay very carefully to find that many missing points.

Maybe he's not gold medal level just yet, but he deserved to be in the running for a medal. Yeah, he still has a chance but he's so far back he'd have to pull off a Nadia Comăneci to pull it off.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Is he the one who got death threats from PETA for that being real fur?

Gen

Artistic Skating Judges

[SIZE="3"]In artistic freestyle skating competition, roller or ice, the judges have always been quirky and sometimes seemingly biased in their scoring of events. I would not be surprised if a couple of the judges weren't biased against Johnny because of his controversial style of clothes; some of them can be so petty over such things. And as the artistic expression of the skating is so very subject to so many different impressions on people, there will always those who give programs lower marks than are deserved.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cute as a bug's ear that one.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I first caught a glimpse of him coming into the building wearing a fur trimmed hooded coat and thought - she's kinda pretty but needs a softer longer hairdo. Hmmm...
    Mary

Johnny Weir is fierce!
    And adorable too.

Did I miss the press conference? Who says he is a crossdresser? It's a costume...it is what he wears on the ice...it isn't a girl's outfit (unless he is wearing tights and a woman's leotard). Ice skaters at that level wear a lot of sequins and netting...it is a costume. The guys wear snap crotch body suits. The kid from France dressed as a marionette does that make him a puppet?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Tonight's lacey outfit was so wonderful. I loved his crown of roses at the end. Sooooooooooooooo Cute.

Not my role model.... I seriously doubt he has much of a slap shot!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Did I miss the press conference? Who says he is a crossdresser? It's a costume...it is what he wears on the ice...it isn't a girl's outfit (unless he is wearing tights and a woman's leotard). Ice skaters at that level wear a lot of sequins and netting...it is a costume. The guys wear snap crotch body suits. The kid from France dressed as a marionette does that make him a puppet?
    [SIZE="3"]Lorileah, I know for a fact that he is a crossdresser, as I have read an account of him actually wearing a dress at some sort of fashion show. How frequent or serious his crossdressing is, I cannot say. But it occurs to me that, as skating dresses are not approved for male skaters, he is (as I often do when I am out sans makeup and hair) trying his hardest to dress as femme as possible. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe I am using the wrong key words for searching. I get how he designs costumes or he is flamboyant whenever I type in crossdresser or Johnny Weir crossdressing but I don't find anything about him wearing women's clothing except for here. Can you get me a link?

It bothers me when more than half the people here on CD.com keep saying they are in hiding and they don't want anyone to know then they "out" someone who hasn't come out on their own. Until I see proof that he likes wearing the clothes he is just another flamboyant figure skater. I remember the rumors about Scott Hamilton which never were proven. It wasn't long ago even here on CD.com that the "rock" was supposedly a dresser. Many macho males in the 70's wore full length furs. For awhile there even Adam Lambert was supposed to carry our banner because he wore make up.

We do need a role model for our community other than the over the top RuPauls but making an assumption that someone dresses isn't how we should go, especially when we have the view from the inside that people make assumptions about us that aren't true. Can you get us a link to prove he is a CD? (not gay, not flamboyant, not a prima dona...one that says he wears women's clothing)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Silver Member
    I have followed figure skating for a couple of decades and he has always been flamboyant in his costume choices but that is all I have ever heard. The gold medalist from the USA wore a costume designed by Vera Wang who also was a skater. For as long as I can remember many male figure skaters wear frilly/flowy/ruffly costumes which may be a way of appearing more graceful in thier movements. I give all of them a lot of credit for thier skill and dedication to thier sport.
    Has anyone seen the reports on some of the female athletes where they talk about their girly sides. The one skier wears a tiara during the medal ceremony. It is interesting how they aren't questioned about being masculine. Yes that is jealousy.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Maybe I am using the wrong key words for searching. I get how he designs costumes or he is flamboyant whenever I type in crossdresser or Johnny Weir crossdressing but I don't find anything about him wearing women's clothing except for here. Can you get me a link?

It bothers me when more than half the people here on CD.com keep saying they are in hiding and they don't want anyone to know then they "out" someone who hasn't come out on their own. Until I see proof that he likes wearing the clothes he is just another flamboyant figure skater. I remember the rumors about Scott Hamilton which never were proven. It wasn't long ago even here on CD.com that the "rock" was supposedly a dresser. Many macho males in the 70's wore full length furs. For awhile there even Adam Lambert was supposed to carry our banner because he wore make up.

We do need a role model for our community other than the over the top RuPauls but making an assumption that someone dresses isn't how we should go, especially when we have the view from the inside that people make assumptions about us that aren't true. Can you get us a link to prove he is a CD? (not gay, not flamboyant, not a prima dona...one that says he wears women's clothing)
    A voice for reason
    Drumming, My other hobby

[SIZE="3"]I cannot find a link to it at this time, as I had jumped to it across a couple of pages in a search for info on Johnny I did a while back. But I know that I did read of him modeling a dress; could've been just a one-time thing.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I have followed figure skating for a couple of decades and he has always been flamboyant in his costume choices but that is all I have ever heard. The gold medalist from the USA wore a costume designed by Vera Wang who also was a skater. For as long as I can remember many male figure skaters wear frilly/flowy/ruffly costumes which may be a way of appearing more graceful in thier movements. I give all of them a lot of credit for thier skill and dedication to thier sport.
    Has anyone seen the reports on some of the female athletes where they talk about their girly sides. The one skier wears a tiara during the medal ceremony. It is interesting how they aren't questioned about being masculine. Yes that is jealousy.
    [SIZE="3"]He was wearing a corset the other night while skating a program. I do not recall ever seeing any other male skaters in corsets ![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Daintre; 02-19-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: merged posts, please use the edit button, consecutive posting is not allowed
    [SIZE="3"]Best Regards,
    Michelle-Leigh
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dont care if he is a CD or not really.
    He is pushing gender boundaries and the world sees that he is beautifull and unafraid.
    Go Johnnie Go

I doubt Johnny would self-identify as a crossdresser. He is an openly gay man who is not ashamed of who he is, and likes to add feminine elements to his appearance. One of his most famous outfits is "The Swan":

Many male figure skaters considered this too girly, even for their tastes. In his show he wanted to add a corset to one costume and a skirt to another, but after negotiating with his coach, only hints of that aesthetic appeared in the final costumes.

He did once do a fashion shoot in high heels, but when there was uproar of moral outrage, he stated he just put on what the photographer wanted him to wear.

Smile

i do not care or belive in the olympics...but as for the effort any one puts forth to even get into the comps to go there, i do applaud them.

and if this guy says it is not for him, he will be so sad not performing in front of a group of people.
    i did not watch his performace, but to be there he is great even if he did not win the gold...maybe next time???

for me to even come close to getting on there heels is a pipe dream. (i like to ride bicycles).