Thread: CD Friendly Shops in Maryland

CD Friendly Shops in Maryland

Any Marylanders have any really nice experiences with any stores in this state? Or is there any transformation centers, anything of the kind that would appeal to/being very accepting of a crossdresser?

I would be interested in this too
    removed

I don't know where exactly in Maryland you are (I am in the northeast), but I would consider looking into Philly for that sort of thing. Philly is only about an hour away from where I live so when I want to go shopping, I sometimes head up that way. They are a little more accepting in the area than anyplace I've been in Maryland. They don't seem to bat an eye when I ask to try something on even if I'm totally drab(yeah right).
    If clothes make the man, I must not be one.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, I am definitely from Earth. Somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by Inna
    If you find your self in pain, yet not able to stop the pursuit, rest assured, you are on the right path
    You may call me Dana B

I am in Montgomery county, outside of DC, but I am only semi-out. I have never gone out shopping dressed, but I have gone to the thrift stores around here in drab (Goodwill, Value village, etc.). I will go in and browse through the women's clothes, and take an armload to the dressing rooms to try on. So far, no one has batted an eye, with the exception of two female employees at one Goodwill, who were very amused.

It is really quite exhilarating, since the changing rooms are not tucked away in some corner, and in some stores have just a shoulder to knee door. I guess it appeals to my exhibitionism.

The best selections I have found are in the Goodwill stores down behind White Flint Mall, and on West Street in Annapolis.

Liz