Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How committed are you?

Executive Transvestite KimberlyJo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I'm so committed that I'm continually surprised that I haven't been, uh, committed, as in committed to an institution!
    Hah, darnit you beat me to it.

I am a crossdresser and most of the time I love it. I am still working on becoming completely comfortable with it, but for my own sake I would never want it to go away. For the sake of my wife and my family, maybe. It would just be easier to not have to deal with all the social stigma, but that's really beside the point because it's not possible.
    [SIZE="3"]Viva la Revolucion!![/SIZE]

If you can't be honest with your SELF
    Then you can't really live YOUR life.

Man ---- ME ---- WOMAN

Smile

I find i have grown attached to my extra bits.
    but might like to try living as a girl full time. (with the extra bits intact).
    but would need a income...so not good for now....maybe latter???

From what I understand a crossdresser is just that, someone who dresses up in the clothes of the opposite gender. Therefore, a true crossdresser does not transition. A transsexual transitions if they decide that is what they want to do. A transsexual may crossdress while they are determining, or maybe better stated, discovering who they are. Of course, then we have all the beautiful variations from CD to TS who may or may not participate in crossdressing. That being said, I am a satisfied and very happy crossdresser who for the moment is not thinking about, nor planning, any travel across our multi-labled spectrum. I am happy being me.

I am a person who loves to wears women's clothing. If I wear single with no kids or other family, I would look into transitioning but doubt I would follow throught it.

Sarah, not only commited but maybe commited. I have moved to transitioning and have been living the RLE for about 5 months. I have not regretted it.

Teri

I like to disguise and crossdress and i do have a big feminine part in me but i love my male part as well.
    I have a little fetichist trend as well.

I used to binge and purge the very few female cloth elements i had and i never considered transitioning as i'm fine as a male.

Right now I'm totally in peace with crossdressing and that funny dual game that remains a secret personal game. Only thing is i would love to be able to crossdress more often but it's not possible right now.

I've spent a certain time composing my character and concept and now that i've bought all the elements of my outfit i will certainly not throw all this in a bin.

I consider i've reached a nice equilibrium. I know who I am. I know who i'm not. And i feel the two sides of me as a whole. I'm full and i don't need someone else anymore, so no more heart sufferings.

Now this being said, if i have to reincarnate and have the ability to choose my gender (and some elements of my personality and look), then i'll probably chose to be a girl next time. For the win!

Why do we have to have a label, i'm a beer drinking, hand rolled cigarette smoking bloke who likes to relax wearing womens clothes with a bit of slap on, i may have hold on i do have a hellova lot more womens clothes than mens more eye shadow sets than sockets sets or screwdrivers,i puck i shave i moisturise. I , we can be what we want to be without having to label everything or every section of everything, hell just be happy.
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"
    that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Keats.

There are programs that make this go away?? PM me their phone number please...

For the record I am a crossdresser and I can't help it.. I didn't choose to be this way and I know it won't go away (so I thought... don't forget the phone number!!). And I accept who I am and what I do! Maybe that could change if you send me that friggin number!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Good question

It is the devil you pay for what you put your self thru ! I have dressed in some capacity or another since I guess 6 or 7.....and enjoyed it all.....however given the choice if I had it I would probably prefer not to do so.......but am I odd that I realise to purge would only mean more expense in the long term.....to replace what I had got rid of ................I am consigned to the fact that I like women but also like their clothes ! oh well.......

I have struggled with my gender for most of my life; I am now on the way to transition and I'm glad for it.
    warmly, Linnea

I agree totally with Tina2..............I would give crossdressing up straight away if only I could and thought the urge would not reappear.....but alas we all know what is to be is to be ....so hey guess this is it girls !

A super CD..something to aspire to..

I am just a happy dresser that enjoys being "tested" in the public eye.I enjoy the challenge of blending. I would love to become what I term a"super CD" as that gives far more options than transitioning ever would for me. A super CD is one like "apparently female "Tami. She works in girl mode,and has a life in both girl and boy modes.Her looks have been honed over the years to blend and give the illusion that "she must be female"...With this economy we are stuck with,I can't move from getting paid for what I do to getting paid for what I know how to do...So,I have to stick with what works for me in boy mode and hope to improve my female presentation.LASER,FACELIFTS,LIP ENHANCEMENTS,BOTOX...BRING EM ON!!! Will you pay my bill? Please!!!

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.. PattiMichaels's Avatar
    At the height of my obsession, I was (in my own terms) "hardcore". My weight dropped to 120lbs. (I'm 5'7" barefoot). I was doing an aerobic workout 2x a day. I was tanning 2-3x a week. I had my eyebrows waxed weekly. I had my ears pierced and was starting to drop a good amount of $ on electrolysis. I decided to start seeing a therapist, as the pink fog was starting to get really thick. I actually had the prescriptions filled and took my first dose of HRT when reality -- for me, anyway -- set in.

Please don't label me as narcissistic, but I was consumed with how passable I was becoming -- and how much I was enjoying it. Reality for me was not wanting to grow old as a transsexual woman. CDing for me was a natural high and I was living purely for the moment. Luckily for me, I had my reality check and was able to put on the brakes.

My hat is off to those who live their dream/fantasy/desire every day and have the courage to face the world no matter what the consequences.

Maybe Dave Matthews said it best..."Eat, drink, and be merry...for tomorow we die."

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Like I'm inclined to say from time to time..."I'm a guy in a dress...no more ..no less"... Now 30 or so years ago if I'd had gotten "serious" or had known what I'd known now... Things might have turned out VERY different...[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I'm just a crossdresser. Not interested in transitioning, just like dressing up cause it turns me on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    There are programs that make this go away?? PM me their phone number please...

For the record I am a crossdresser and I can't help it.. I didn't choose to be this way and I know it won't go away (so I thought... don't forget the phone number!!). And I accept who I am and what I do! Maybe that could change if you send me that friggin number!!
    That is me also. If you do find that number share it with me. After finally getting to the point that I too never asked to be this way, or to enjoy what I do this much, I have become more accepting of myself. If I had of known that immediately after trying on that full slip of my mothers as a little boy that I would have been caught up in a world wind like this, I might, oh no I would have done it all over again, sans the guilt and other crap I PUT MYSELF through up until now. I am finally letting go of the junk. The only purge these days I am willing to allow myself to do, is the one that gets rid of all the torment and frustration I took on myself over being myself.
    Last edited by 2b.Lauren; 02-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

For Life

I am a cross dresser & have been all my life. As for becoming a full time women, No. I feel womenly enough when I dress & that is all I desire. Purging, No. Way to much invested & I enjoy my femme time to much.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    Me, too. Sarah.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I am very comfortable where I am to the point that when dressed I consider myself as a woman which gives me the confidence to be me. I have not plans on transition even though some believe I am full time which is far from the truth!

Best of both genders

Okay, I stole the lead on this...

I LOVE to crossdress. After trying to quit for 7 years the urge came back too strong to ignor. I've decided I can't stay sain without CDing once in a while.

So, ya, I'm commited to it. This forum has also helped a lot in the past few months in teaching me understanding and self acceptance.

Transition? I also LOVE my wife. And there are times when I like being a guy.

So that's a no to transitioning.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    At this moment, I have to accept that expressing my transgender makes me a cross-dresser in the eyes of the world. For me the cross-dressing is now when I have to be "him".

I am committed to this life much more than I could have imagined even when I joined this forum last October. At that point I was still a "bloke in a dress" type of cross dresser. Today I admitted to someone at work that I was born in the wrong body.

I am still at the stage of "OMG, that bloke makes a damned ugly woman" but with help I can get to the point of "OMG what an ugly woman" or perhaps even beyond.

Could I turn back? Even if I could, I'd rather die.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Thanks for your responses.

I was reminded a couple days ago of this distinction between involved and committed. "Think about breakfast, the Chicken is INVOLVED, the Pig is COMMITTED."

I really don't know how that fits the conversation, but based on that I don't think I'm involved. However the extreme example of committment in gender identity would be transistion, so I'm not there either. I guess I'm still lost.

I'm still searching for my way, but it's so nice to have others wandering along the path with me.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.