Thread: Well Wish Me Luck

Well Wish Me Luck

Well Today I Am Going To Buy Muy First Pair Of Panties And Bra. I Dont Know If Ill Have The Nerves To Do It But Wish Me Luck.

*Huggs*
    Good luck.
    What's wrong with wanting to be a princess?

Good luck

I just bought my 1st pair this year! It is rather fun. I shop after midnight! Never really had any questions asked.
    Danielle

Marda

Red face BIG * Celebration Time *

Hi Elia,

* Congratulations !!! *
    This is a *GREAT* day in a Tgirl's life !!!

I *Wish* you *All* the *Nervousness* and *Excitement* you're *Entitled to* :-) ... for *if you weren't nervous or excited*, I'd be concerned that you weren't "Feeling" like the *Precious Tgirl* that *You Are* :-))

Of course ... we'll be expecting a full report :-)

IMHO, shopping for lingerie and women's intimate apparel is *something* like "riding a bicycle" ... only *World's More Fun & Meaningful* :-)

Love / Marda

hi all!

sorry i disappeared on you all ... i had a busy last couple of weeks, and didn't really have time to come into the forums every day .... but today i went shopping downtown, and seeing this thread, i wanted to share my adventure with you all ... at first i was really scared, but it turned out better (and slightly more expensive) than i thought it would be

so first, i went to pick up my order from Dani's. he was really friendly ... he even stayed and chatted with me, and gave me tips on making my own clothes, which was something i was interested in. (i am very unhappy with the prices that most retailers charge for clothing ... it's just crazy!)

then i went to chinatown and nosed around. to my surprise, they were selling bras (two for $10) and panties (ten for $10) ... and i couldn't help myself. i know that probably not all the panties would fit (i forgot to bring my tape measure), but for $1 each, i'm not complaining the saleswoman let me take my time going through the pile, and i managed to get some pretty cute ones

after getting lost a couple of times, i made my way to the Wildside Boutique. the salesperson there was busy, but helpful ... answered all my questions patiently (and boy did i have a lot of questions) ... and even encouraged me to use the changeroom in case i wanted to try anything on ... !

finally, i made my way to a la senza store. boy, it was crowded because it was just after people got off work ... they were all staring at me, or maybe i imagined them to be staring at me ... but i managed to ask one of the salespersons for help, and she turned out to be very helpful .. and the cashier smiled and me and joked with me ... which was nice of her to, and made me feel better.

so i ended up with:
    .- shoulder length washable wig, styrofoam head for wig (i don't know how i'm going to explain this to my parents)
    .- long velvet gloves ... i have been looking ALL OVER for these! places that sell formal wear always gave me a quote for $25-30 ... but i got them for less ..! shhhh ...!
    .- stockings .... i had a garter skirt before, but when i got home, i realized that one of the removable garters was gone ... and i couldn't go back to the store to see if i could get another one ...
    .- two bras ... i had asked for 36B, but they were labelled 70 and 80 ... so i don't know if they'll fit! there's a pink one, and a green front-clasp halter one ... the saleslady assured me that if they didn't fit, i could bring them back within a week and get another pair ...
    .- 10 pairs of panties ... assorted baby blue, black, pink and red ... there's this one that says "PAWS OFF" with little paw prints on it ... i also saw one with the chinese symbol for fortune written upside down (the word for "upside down" is a homonym for the word "arrival" ... so having the symbol of fortune written upside down actually means, "fortune arrive", or "come, fortune") but i didn't end up getting it.
    .- foamie boobs ... i wasn't ready to commit to the silicone ones! but i will try these out anyways. the salesperson gave me some great tips on using them.

lesson i learnt today: most salespeople are just trying to make a sale, and they don't really seem to mind unless you're causing a scene or purposely annoying other customers (preventing sales).

Marda

Red face * What A Buzzzzz * :-)

Hi Starlitsky,

* Verrry Exciting Tale You Tell *

Congratulations on a successful shopping trip ... btw, the 70 & 80 #s are cms instead of inches ... you're close ... the 70 may be tight ...
    also, as I've mentioned elsewhere, there are size variances even within same size designations within same brands due to design differences and production tolerances ... recently I brought a really cute pink Tshirt bra home from The Bay, same "size" as a similar Triumph model, and the clasps wouldn't reach ... they were *fine* when I exchanged it :-)

It sounds as though you were treated very well :-) As for people "staring" at you ... you're partly correct ... you *are* very self-conscious at this stage ... but there *will* be *those people* also ... particularly "younger" shoppers ... and particularly in a La Senza or La Vie En Rose store ...

two things ... IMHO :-) ...

1) try going there when the mall opens, or at standard mealtimes (depending on the mall) unless you like crowds ... and especially teenager Ggirls watching you ...

2) the more you focus on your shopping ... examining products ... holding them up & out to "see them" ... turning them around ... feeling the fabrics ... feeling the "stretch" of elastic ... reading labels ... carrying products in your hands while shopping more ... rummaging through bra racks and panties tables ... looking for sales and "one ofs" in your size ... taking your time (as we Girls Do) ... the more you will *fit in* and the less others will notice you and the less self-conscious you will feel :-)

(How do I know ? I used to manage Ladies Wear Stores :-)

See you in the fitting room !!! :-)

Love / Marda

Quote Originally Posted by Marda
    Congratulations on a successful shopping trip ... btw, the 70 & 80 #s are cms instead of inches ... you're close ... the 70 may be tight ...
    thanks! actually, i tried it out wearing a t-shirt... they both seem fine ... although, i suppose i don't really have the GG problem of getting a bust size too small, which is both a good and disappointing thing

recently I brought a really cute pink Tshirt bra home from The Bay, same "size" as a similar Triumph model, and the clasps wouldn't reach ... they were *fine* when I exchanged it :-)
    "they" ... you mean, the bra? or the store people?

It sounds as though you were treated very well :-) As for people "staring" at you ... you're partly correct ... you *are* very self-conscious at this stage ... but there *will* be *those people* also ... particularly "younger" shoppers ... and particularly in a La Senza or La Vie En Rose store ...
    i was very lucky this time! there were business women lining up to pay, and "younger" GGs were just coming in in pairs and triads ... but by then i was already in line to pay, so i didn't have as much difficulties.

try going there when the mall opens, or at standard mealtimes (depending on the mall) unless you like crowds ... and especially teenager Ggirls watching you ...
    thanks! this is the first time i've tried going during the summer ... when i went last time, school was still in session and i went during school hours ... not as many shoppers then.

the more you focus on your shopping ... examining products ... holding them up & out to "see them" ... turning them around ... feeling the fabrics ... feeling the "stretch" of elastic ... reading labels ... carrying products in your hands while shopping more ... rummaging through bra racks and panties tables ... looking for sales and "one ofs" in your size ... taking your time (as we Girls Do) ... the more you will *fit in* and the less others will notice you and the less self-conscious you will feel :-)
    what bothered me actually was that while i was rummaging through the panties pile, there was this saleswoman eyeing me the whole time ... but i pretend not to see her i think it was because the woman who was watching the stand (it was like a sidewalk sale sort of thing) left to get food or something, so she was making sure i didn't steal anything ...

the pile i was rummaging through was completely unsorted in terms of size and style ... but the good news is that all of them fit! i thought i would've taken one too small for sure (i've had that happen before ... it was quite disappointing) ...

(How do I know ? I used to manage Ladies Wear Stores :-)
    wow! that job sounds really nice ... how was it? is it more stressful than it sounds?

Marda

Red face The *True* Nature Of *GG* Shoppers

Hi Starlitsky

Thx for the comeback ... by the sound of it you have a slim/trim figure ... I hope you won't be discouraged by your cup size ... there are *Many* of us Girls of both GFemale and GAndrogynous *Flavours* :-) who have and/or appreciate smaller cup sizes ... some of the *Most Elegant* women in history are *Petite* and/or smaller in the bust ... even many *Tall* girls enjoy this luxuious "look" :-))

You did the *Right* thing by minding your shopping !!! One of the things store employees are trained about is *Loss Prevention* ... a shopper who is "looking at people" and appearing to be "nervous" or "self-conscious" is a very strong candidate for *Shoplifter* ... especially at Sidewalk Sale Time.

Panty tables are *always* mixed up ... only in *Very Expensive* Boutiques can the store afford to refold, rehang, and/or re-sort panties after women have been picking through looking at sizes, styles and colours ... but that's part of the *Fun* of snooping at the stock and finding those little *Gems* we all like to take home :-)

As for working in the Ladies Wear Business ... every person has their own preferences I suppose ... *Most* retail companies these days are managed from the top by people who know *Diddley* about what *Really* goes on in the *Consumer Interface FrontLine* ... store budgets are cut deeper than into the bones ... wages are *garbage* ... quality of staff is on average *Marginal* at best ... very *Transient* ... *Women* customers are for the most part *Absolutely Brutal, Ignorant & Selfish* ... and *Worst* of all ... *"Believe It Or Not"*, *Shoplifting Is A *Major Reality* ... *VERY HARSH* ... I worked in various levels of the automobile industry for years ... and I've worked in the very nasty funeral industry ... IMHO there's no *Warzone*, no *Ghetto* other than *Forced Labour*, in our Western Society, worse than Retail Ladies Wear !!!

Which is all really quite sad ... because back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and heading into the 80s (and long before - my Grandma was a Custom Dress Maker - a *Very Good One* ) ... Ladies Wear Retail was a very noble and respected calling ... *Classic Customer Service* according to the *Highest Level Definitions* equivalent to 5* Hospitality was *easy* to find ... personalized fitting and wardrobe consultation was commonplace ... I think one needs to be earning multiples of 6 figures these days to afford that level of service ... *If* one can actually find it ... and even then, it may well be lots of "kissy kissy" and maybe not that much real *Community, Care & Concern* like in the "Good ol' Days" :-)

Hopefully, Androgynous Girls *Never* emmulate or "support" the negative aspects of "modern womanhood" !! Hopefully we *Reach* for higher levels of *Community, Care & Concern* than our "neighbours" or "peers" ... hopefully we can behave in a "LadyLike" manner ... and that doesn't say we have to be "ultra-conservative" or "prudish" ... it's about respecting our own vibrant femininity and humanity and living *full* & *authentic* lives ... "with or without our panties on !!!" :-)

There you have my "sermon" for the day :-)

*Great* to hear from you ... pleez keep in touch !! :-)

Love / Marda
    Last edited by Marda; 08-07-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Thx for the comeback ... by the sound of it you have a slim/trim figure ... I hope you won't be discouraged by your cup size ... there are *Many* of us Girls of both GFemale and GAndrogynous *Flavours* :-) who have and/or appreciate smaller cup sizes ... some of the *Most Elegant* women in history are *Petite* and/or smaller in the bust ... even many *Tall* girls enjoy this luxuious "look" :-))
    actually, i was lamenting on the fact that i don't have natural boobs i can cater to .. rather, my cup size is what i decide to stuff in it that day. on the bright side, the bras i got were lightly padded, and were able to maintain a boob-like shape for the stuffing. the foamies were a big help though ...

personally, i enjoy proportional size, leaning towards the small end. it's unfortunate that a lot of the guys i know like them "as big as they can get them" and wearing "as little as possible" ... i can't imagine the back pain that the poor women go through ... not to mention the colds they catch!

You did the *Right* thing by minding your shopping !!! One of the things store employees are trained about is *Loss Prevention* ... a shopper who is "looking at people" and appearing to be "nervous" or "self-conscious" is a very strong candidate for *Shoplifter* ... especially at Sidewalk Sale Time.
    i felt more nervous looking through panties than through the bras ... i mean, guys usually can't do anything with empty bras, and most guys won't consider buying them ... so i'm assuming that the salesperson is assuming that it's probably for someone i know. but panties ... that's a different story altogether.

sort of funny if it was the reverse ... if it was a gg shopping for briefs .... it'd be totally different.

Panty tables are *always* mixed up ... only in *Very Expensive* Boutiques can the store afford to refold, rehang, and/or re-sort panties after women have been picking through looking at sizes, styles and colours ... but that's part of the *Fun* of snooping at the stock and finding those little *Gems* we all like to take home :-)
    the La Senza store has the panties all laid out and nicely folded so that one pair is only slightly over another pair ... sort of like a tray of cold cuts (sorry, that's the only comparison i could think of right now ... ) they also restrict it to (what it seems) one style and colour per row of layers. but i guess i did have more fun rummaging ...

sorry to cut my reply short, but i've got to go ... i'll reply to the rest later!

Elaine36b

shopping alone

HI girls,

Why can't I buy clothes for my gf ( MYSELF)?
    The one thing I am concious of, is buying cosmtics, I mean, unknowing men, shouldn't know what their gf's like in the make-up department!!

Elaine
    xx

Cd buying is fun

Hi Elia,

Good luck for your first foray into buying clothes. It's an exciting part of cd'ing. After a few visits and the initial nerves have worn off, you'll be comfortable and in control. You'll even get things that fit !!!!

But the buzz of the first few purchases is a high just by itself. As the others have said, most sales staff are quite helpfull.

Please give us a report on how you went.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine36b
    Why can't I buy clothes for my gf ( MYSELF)?
    The one thing I am concious of, is buying cosmtics, I mean, unknowing men, shouldn't know what their gf's like in the make-up department!!
    i think it's possible that an unknowing man can bring in bits of their gf's makeup to get a colour match ... that would help the process a bit. an unknowing man can memorize bra size numbers to get a good match in the bra department ... but buying lacy panties or full figure dresses ... who knows?

Aspiring Member
    Hi Girls,

I've bought perfumes, undies, dresses, night wear - all sorts of things for GF's in years gone by. I've started buying cosmetics and dont have a problem with it at all. I just go in armed with a 'list'. A peice of paper that could have anything on it - nobody questions you.

64 and still pretty Steffie-Lee's Avatar

Smile Go !

SHOPPING?
    In todays economy all you need is to show your MONEY and you are welcome to shop for anything anywhere! The only people who stare are male customers, who are, when I am out in femme, hoping to catch a glimpse of my panties as I sit in a short dress, trying on shoes.....

I sometimes just act like a clueless male and the sales ladies just fall all over themselves trying to help. Rachel's idea of a piece of paper also works wonders especially if you have some size, brand, colours etc written on it.

When I'm asked if i need help I just look lost and say something like, " I was asked to pick up x, where do I look, or what do I look for, etc." I don't mention that its my female persona who asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Emily Black

Scares the hell out of me...

everytime I shop for Emily - and yet no one has ever given me any grief - not once. I don't even go into that "it's for my wife/girlfriend" thing anymore. Time to time I'm asked if it's for my wife and I may agree or I may ignore it and ask a question myself. The idea of trying things on first is sooooooo appealing. I've considered finding a boutique and asking the owner if I can shop after hours. The shop where I buy my wigs invited Emily to come shop at closing time - I liked that but haven't done it yet. I really like this forum, thanks for being here - makes me feel less alone.

Marda

Red face * The Chauffeur Did It *

Hi Emily,

Nice to see you ... I just want to let you know that you are *not* alone :-) You're in the Atlantic SE ? I'm somewhere above the Pacific NW :-)

Your Avatar looks good too !!

These days, since "I'm not rated 'passable'", "Mr.Spaceman" goes shopping with me (where else could "he" go ? :-) and since "I" let *him* do the talking, *he's* smart enough to say *He's* shopping for *His* *"Girl"* ... which is pretty much the truth ... except in *Real Life* *He's *My* "Guy"* :-))) (It's *Best* if *We Both* know who's the "Captain" of "This Spaceship" :-)

Ahhhh ... *The Thrill Of It All* ... who would have ever believed that *Real Life* could be this much *Excitement* :-))

Don't be a stranger Emily !

Love / Marda

Gets easier after the 1st time

A "list" is a helpful prop...especially for a first time venture. However, I find that I am so focused on what I am looking for in terms of brand, size, color, etc. that I am oblivious to anyone who might be watching. If I were to be "questioned" by anyone I would definitely parlay my own unique sense of humor, cultivated over the years to a fine edge, to disarm even the most obnoxious onlooker.

Only happened to me once....while on my honeymoon in New York. The wife and I were lingerie shopping together but in different areas of the shop. An older woman looked at me disapprovingly and made some snotty remark about me shopping where I shouldn't be. I just looked at her and with a smirk said "Jealous?" She walked away somewhat flabbergasted. It was a good laugh. I probably couldn't have done that when I was much younger, but after 40 years of crossdressing, and having a bit of a 'tude about negative remarks and behavior towards it, I've virtually developed an immunity to embarrassment about it and can usually make the instigator feel more embarrassed or chagrined for trying to hassle me in the first place. Like it's any of THEIR business why I'm there and what I'm shopping for!

But as I said...this is something that I have developed over time. So just be pleasant, agreeable, and somewhat nonchalant about it. Sales associates usually are willing to be very helpful and most of them are not going to try to make you feel uncomfortable because after all, they want that sale, and your money, and could care less whether you are buying for your wife, SO, or even yourself.

After the first time, you'll find it gets easier and easier with each trip.

Enjoy!

xoxoxoxo,

Christine