Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who among us is a Crossdresser Only?

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Once upon a time I consider myself one now I do not. I am part time and when I do dress I do everything I would do just as a girl.

I think with growth we begin to shed the labels any way and I shed that label about 3 years ago just because I felt the I grew out of it and wanted to perceive myself as a woman. Now the public may say I am a cross dresser and I do not care anymore.

I love to crossdress. In fact I'm wearing a man's t-shirt right now

Aspiring Member
    Count me in. It's CD or bust or both.

Ive come to the same conclusion about myself. A long time ago I thought I would maybe want to become a woman but I realised that I have no such desire. I just simply like to look pretty sometimes. Im embracing my feminine side, not becoming it.

Smile cross dresser

Hi,
    I guess I am just a crossdresser but I now love looking at womens clothing, and thinking "I would love to wear that. I love being dressed as a woman,in bra panties and panty hoe under a nice blouse and skirt of a nice dress. Yet to perfect makeup, and get up the courage to venture out enfemme.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixed up guy View Post
    if i could flick a switch and be a girl i would , but in reality im the same as you.its just a urge that i know il always have .
    As the above says, I'd switch in a heartbeat if I could. Still, I feel that although I accept that I am physically male and do all that guy stuff, I also have to acknowlege that its more than clothes to me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have responded, some more than once!

In reply to those who have stated that I am really a TG, it depends on whose definition you are using. I use the one that was given to me years ago by the Therapist I was going to at the time. He was a Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders. He was the one who told me that I was a Crossdresser for sure, but nothing beyond that. According to him, a TG likes to not only look like a woman, but also to act like one. I do neither! A Ts wants to look like a woman, act like one, and hopefully become one in some way!

I do know that definitions change, but I will stick with my old one since it fits my lifestyle!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Thanks to all you lovely ladies who have responded, some more than once!

In reply to those who have stated that I am really a TG, it depends on whose definition you are using. I use the one that was given to me years ago by the Therapist I was going to at the time. He was a Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders. He was the one who told me that I was a Crossdresser for sure, but nothing beyond that. According to him, a TG likes to not only look like a woman, but also to act like one. I do neither! A Ts wants to look like a woman, act like one, and hopefully become one in some way!

I do know that definitions change, but I will stick with my old one since it fits my lifestyle!!
    I think that your Psychologist specializing in Gender disorders is a little confused in his termanology.

Transsexual

Transsexual people identify as, or desire to live and be accepted as, a member of the sex opposite to that assigned at birth.

Many trans people desire to undergo gender transition. People who have transitioned, who do not necessarily identify as transgender or transsexual any longer, may identify as simply a man or a woman. Those that continue identifying as transsexual men or women may not want to ignore their pre-transition life, and may continue strong ties with other trans people and raising social consciousness.

Many transsexual people have a wish to alter their bodies. These physical changes are collectively known as gender reassignment therapy and often (but not always) include hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgery. References to "pre-operative", "post-operative" and "non-operative" transsexual people indicate whether they have had, or are planning to have sex reassignment surgery, although some trans people reject these terms as objectifying trans people based on their surgical status and not their mental gender identity.

Cross-dresser

The term 'cross-dresser' is not exactly defined in the relevant literature. Michael A. Gilbert, professor at the Department of Philosophy, York University, Toronto, offers this definition: "[A cross-dresser] is a person who has an apparent gender identification with one sex, and who has and certainly has been birth-designated as belonging to one sex, but who wears the clothing of the opposite sex because it is the clothing of the opposite sex." This excludes people "who wear opposite sex clothing for other reasons". Also, the group doesn't include "those female impersonators who look upon dressing as solely connected to their livelihood, actors undertaking roles, individual males and females enjoying a masquerade, and so on. These individuals are cross dressing but are not cross dressers." Cross-dressers may not identify with, or want to be the opposite gender, nor adopt the behaviors or practices of the opposite gender, and generally do not want to change their bodies medically. The majority of cross-dressers identify as heterosexual.

Transvestite

A transvestite is somebody who cross-dresses.The term "transvestite" is used as a synonym for the term "cross-dresser", although it has been stated that "cross-dresser" is the preferred term. The term "transvestite" and the associated term "transvestism" are conceptually different from the term "fetishistic transvestism" (a.k.a. "transvestic fetishism"), as "transvestic fetishist" describes those who intermittently use clothing of the opposite gender for fetishistic purposes, and "transvestite" does not. I

Transgender

Transgender identities

Transsexual
    Cross-dresser
    Transvestite

TG is a umberella term. While people self-identify as transgender, transgender identity includes many overlapping categories. These include cross-dresser (CD); transvestite (TV); androgynes; genderqueer; people who live cross-gender; drag kings; and drag queens; and, frequently, transsexual (TS).

Sorry but you are transgender. Being a cross dresser makes you trangendered like it or not.

Xx Vicky xX

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well... I admit I am a crossdresser...

but I also have a deep dark hidden secret....

Karen,
    lol! Too funny! Do you think crossdressing somehow compensates for social ineptitude?

Alisa

Ps. Crossdresser? I'd say yes...

Thumbs up

yep im a crossdresser who enjoys being dressed up in full female attire or most of the time i simply under dress.im always going out in things like womans tee shirt,sports bra,jeans,pantys,and either panty hose or kneehighs with womans clogs or mules.i just enjoy the look and comfort of girly clothes.

Cross dresser refers to our mutually enjoyed activity
    Transgendered refers to our status as "being somewhere between sexes".

Both are correct in their own sphere of meaning.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    Yes I am acrossdresser. I wear only female clothing, I have no male clothes.
    I have no desires to be a woman, I just love there clothes so I wear them.
    Although I do get all dolled up on occasion and go out, it is a rarity, as it is just too much bother.
    This describes me to the T. I dont know what I did with all my male clothes its either all female clothes or neutral.
    High Heels, are there any other type of shoe?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hmmm, the "just".

Not sure what I am. I do present as a woman. I do present as a man. I don't want to lose either.

Tina is not simply an external shell on a male body. We have discovered that Tina has her own opinions, desires, ideas, wishes, and abilities. She has a different take on life from her male side. The "he" and "she" attempt to NOT overlap. Ok, some overlap is essential, but the idea is to minimize that as much as possible to find out who Tina is, not who he is. We know who he is, but Tina is young in our lives and she is just separate!

So, do I want to transition to be a woman...LOL...every time Tina arrives I do my best to do just that, and I get better at it every time! My problem is that I want to be able to transition to "him" as well. They are both transitions now, and I'm ok with that.

Is there a label for me? I doubt it, but that's ok.

tina

Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Cross dresser refers to our mutually enjoyed activity
    Transgendered refers to our status as "being somewhere between sexes".

Both are correct in their own sphere of meaning.
    Nonesense. Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" It is not about being between sexes it is about what gender you portray.

Xx Vicky xX

same as you

I like the clothes and like to shop as a woman. spend my day as one. I have no desire to be a woman full time. I still like being a man and doing guy things and being a man around woman (most of the time)
    Janet

Aspiring Member

Crossdresser

No better feeling. Sorry to hear of your recent loss.

Gold Member
    Count me in also; A crossdresser all the way. Rader

Its great to be a crossdresser too. Love every minute I'm dressed. Also love being a guy too. I guess its the best of both worlds.

Smile

I love to cross dress however I enjoy being a man also. When ever I transform myself in to missy I feel as if I am relieving the daily stress that builds up. I never had sex with a woman while I was missy but I would like too. So far I have only cross dressed at home but I really want to out as missy one day that would be Fun

I am one too. I've been dressing since age 15 (I'll hit the big 6-5 in March) for the pure pleasure of it. However it took me a long time to realize that it's pleasure and not perversion. Self acceptance is great.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I am a Crossdresser! There is no desire in me to actually become a woman! I just like to wear the same clothing that real women wear! I really like the fit, the feel, and especially the look of feminine clothing on my body.
    Dear Stephanie, I couldn't have said it any better. I have been asked at my TG Support meetings, What I am? Why I am? I have told it to anyone that ask, I'm a Crossdresser, I just love everything feminine. And I dress to please myself.

I too have no intentions of going any further, but got to admit, real breasts would be cool!!!

Tanya

Aspiring Member
    CD only here.
    Love being a guy, but sometimes love wearing girly clothes. Only at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well... I admit I am a crossdresser...

but I also have a deep dark hidden secret....

Karen,

I feel a kinship to you in so many ways. I am an engineer with the "knack" as well in north central OH. You like hocky - I like rugby. I think we are of similar age. I aspire to be as you are so many times.

Paulap

Banned Read only
    Here. Proud dude.

if we sometimes go out and add a female persona dont be surpass justing being a crossdresser and become a part-time t-girl? when i am out dressed, i dont feel or act like a guy dressed in women's clothes. i am a woman in woman's clothes. lol does that make sense? ever since then i use the 'part-time t-girl' tag... am i wrong? were all minimally crossdressers, yes... but you know? lol
    Kayla - new member to the forums :-)