Thread: How to handle Friend requests and other questions.

How to handle Friend requests and other questions.

How to handle friend requests? I lurk around here a few times a year more when I am on a dressing binge. Do I or Don’t I accept a request because I think I would not be a good friend. I am here hit and miss. That being said I have had the honor of getting a friend request but because I am not here that often I am not sure if I should accept?
    Another reason is I feel some security in being anonymous. The only one who as ever seen me dress is my wife and other than a few posts here no one knows. I am not comfortable talking to anyone one on one maybe because I never have.
    Is it common for people dress often and then not dress for months? (Hot/Cold) At this moment I am “hot” I have been buying clothes and underdressing. My wife tells me I can dress anytime I want or need to. I don’t need her permission she made that very clear. She is very supportive even buys me makeup and panties.
    Yesterday I bought a black skirt, white blouse, stockings, the plan was to dress for dinner but something came up and I didn’t dress. JC Penny’s is having a super sale.
    I am going to list a few things about me that I have figured out and I wonder if anyone else has similar feelings or maybe I am just a little eccentric. Thanks for letting me vent…
    • I have binge dress
    • I get mad and quit dressing and then buy it all over
    • I feel happy/sad/angry & sexy sometimes all in the same day
    • When I am under a lot of pressure and feel like I can’t take it I find comfort in dressing.
    • After coming out to my wife I drink alcohol a whole lot less. I think I was suppressing my dressing needs with alcohol
    • I also feel less depressed after a few nights of makeup and dressing
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times

You need to have a sense of adventure on the Forum my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Self Acceptance

You are very fortunate to have an accepting wife. Now the biggest challenge is to accept yourself. It took me many years to work through that, and there are still times when I hate myself for the desire to dress, but for the most part, I have accepted that I am a cross dresser and there is nothing I can do about that. It is one of my personality traits good or bad. It is what it is. Now I look at cross dressing more as a blessing then a curse. It is something I really enjoy, and I have fun with it. I hope you can find your inner peace.

Take care,
    Lisa

Personally I love chatting with anyone about crossdressing so I accept all friends here.. But on facebook I have a strict set of rules which includes people with 5,000 friggin friends trying to befriend me and the only thing ever on the profile is collecting friends.. I purge friends all the time. You don't talk.. Or you talk about inappropriate stuff or stuff I don't want to talk about and poof... Banished into the abis!!

Don't not make friends because you don't think your not good enough.. Make your friends live up to YOUR high standards.. This is a social network so why not socialize... You'll learn a lot..
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-21-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE="3"]I tend to request and accept friendship requests of people, I have at least a few things in common with. Like dressing, wood work, home brew or a point of view that we share. I like my friends to be of different points of view also, I like to hear the other side of things. I may not agree but, I am willing to listen.

I also feel the urge to dress when things are stressful. It does relax me and make me easier to be around. My wife has pointed this out to me more than once.

I do not drink as much as I did, since I told my wife the extent of my dressing. She is trying to come to grips with my CDing. She is supportive just not ready to see running around in a dress.

I have come to the realization that dressing is part of who I am and no longer purge. The journey of self was a long road for me, as I just recently arrived where I am now, at the age of almost 51.
    [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I enjoy talking to all kinds of people. I just categorize them a little different. I keep "friends" as people that I have a lot in common with, and have the same value system I have. (Note: did NOT say my value system was better or worse - just different.) I keep those that have a different system or nonsimilar way of life as acquaintances. I tend to stay in contact with friends quite a bit more.
    Like Karren, if communication stops between us I purge the friends and they become acquaintances. Kind of like books in my library. The ones that get read a lot are kept up front the ones used less or not at all - still stay in the bookshelves, just not as accessible.
    If I receive a friends request I usually let the people know we need to share information first in order to "categorize" us BOTH. Heavens knows they don't want me as a friend when they find out a little about my quirks!

Thank you

Thank you for all your replies. I will consider all of your opinions and comments. I wonder if Lisa X was spot on when she mentions self acceptance. I am struggling with it. I love your photo Stephanie Miller.
    I will never be able to pass as a woman EVER I know it but I still feel pretty dressed. Stephanie you could pass. I am a pudgy late forties bald guy but some day I am going to go someplace dressed. Maybe one day there will be opposite day and everyone will have to try living a day in her shoes for lack of better words. A national day of crossdressing…
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times